ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can bonus be included in the total income calculations?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinata

Can bonus be included in the total income calculations?

Post by vinata » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi All,

I was paid a bonus of £5,000 last year. So, in total my income for the year is £33,000 including a bonus payment. I would like to apply for Tier 1 Gen before 6th April. My question is the following. If i use my total income of £33,000 (basic £28,000 plus £5,000 bonus) which documents would i have to provide in support of my application?

Does the bonus need to be specified in the employment contract to be considered as part of the income? I read the guidance and it says the bonus payments are acceptable, but there is no mention about the supporting documents about bonus payments.

Many thanks in advance for your kind suggestions.

vks

Re: Can bonus be included in the total income calculations?

Post by vks » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:41 pm

vinata wrote:Hi All,

I was paid a bonus of £5,000 last year. So, in total my income for the year is £33,000 including a bonus payment. I would like to apply for Tier 1 Gen before 6th April. My question is the following. If i use my total income of £33,000 (basic £28,000 plus £5,000 bonus) which documents would i have to provide in support of my application?

Does the bonus need to be specified in the employment contract to be considered as part of the income? I read the guidance and it says the bonus payments are acceptable, but there is no mention about the supporting documents about bonus payments.

Many thanks in advance for your kind suggestions.
Bonus payment should be mentioned in your payslips! NI and tax deducted on that amount!

If you plan to get an employer letter, you should the Gross and net amount earned each month
Regards,
vks

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks VKS,

But do i also have to submit an employment contract where the possibility of bonus is specified? I haven't got this note in the contract as it only explains general duties and responsibilities of both parties.

So, if i simply provide the payslips and the bank statements would that be sufficient?

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:50 pm

vinata wrote:Thanks VKS,

But do i also have to submit an employment contract where the possibility of bonus is specified? I haven't got this note in the contract as it only explains general duties and responsibilities of both parties.

So, if i simply provide the payslips and the bank statements would that be sufficient?

When you look into the supporting documents, can you find contract as one of them?

No! So original payslips and bank statements should suffice!
Regards,
vks

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks a lot for your help!