ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FLASHMAN

Re: lcps-psw

Post by FLASHMAN » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:04 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
FLASHMAN wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
newmoon wrote:Hi Raja, Smartee and others

I have fully gone through this case and whatever Flashman is saying is correct. Below is my observations from that statement.

The major point of that witness statement looks like its a civil case which turns outs to be problem for LCPS students because the previous owner (prof. Fred Walemba - Who is the principal and director of LCPS) states that most of the students were not enrolled in 2008 were offered a PG Dip in 2009 without studying. And He States " LCPS never offered a Internal PG Dip (Certificate in their letterhead or letter)" which is creating a problem.

But the main advantage is that "LCPS can issue internal PG dip as it's a listed body. Even If it issued the internal PG Dip also then it is valid as it is a listed body".

If any soliciotr is reading this forum please check the below in UKBA website and correct me if I am wrong.
Funny point is UKBA so called perfect assessement calculator "Point based calculator" is still showing that LCPS PG diploma are valid for Tier2 General and giving 10 points for that category (Education) and this certificate can be used to prove your english language skills requirement. So how that's possible that means they are still saying that its valid. Only less than 10 colleges i can see thich has previlege in PBCalcualtor out of that LCPS is one (CCL is not in the list).

My view is that its all money matter between the old and new management in which student's were trapped. But taking in to consideration witness is the principal of the college but even he looks to be a bit dodgy because he went for a sale deed without a solicitor and took signature from the new directors in the appointment and termination of a director forms on same day!!!!!!!!!! and many more including share holding of the company.

Flashman - Ask your friend solicitor to check these points which may help him especially PBS calculator for Tier 2.

Thanks

New Moon,
As picture is getting clear with every coming day.
First of all difference between LCPS and CCL is that Home Office has proved that CCL has never taught,offered,issued any legitimate PG anytime,anyway.

But here LCPS taught,issued and got visas from Home Office by Dec2008. After Dec2008 PG Dip issued by LCPS are controversial because of new management and previous owner's dispute.
This is the reason why on UKBA website,on its calculator it is still granting points and it will because as I mentioned above Home Office has no objection with PG Dip offered by LCPS before Dec2008,so those points are for those who got PG Dip from LCPS before Dec2008 and they will remain valid all time.

Yes, LCPS can offer internal PG Dip and it is valid. It is authorized as being a listed body.
But again problem here is not that LCPS has not got any PG Dip issuing power,Home Office has no objection with that.
Problem comes with previous owner's that statement saying LCPS has never offered any internal Pg Dip but they all were offered by Edexcel or Suderland University.

So only thing which can turn the coin is new management. They need to come with proof and documents saying they did offer internal PG Dip,and this solves all problem.
We cant or our solictior on our behalf cant blame previous owner for his financial dispute. We have nothing to do with him.
It is all in current management hands,if they say LCPS taught PG Dip after 2008,there is nothing Home Office can do then except issuing PSW to all LCPS students.
Raja bhaiya i am sorry to say but i am not agree with you that you got nothing to do with previous owner you guys got enrolled in september and from september till december he was the owner so his statement and record is very important for you. and even new mangement says they did offer internal diploma after 2008 in 3 months you would not have been completed it with new management only thing can resolve the problem is reconciliation between them.

Flashman,
True. Thanks. U got a point.
Thanks for understanding, you guys need to force home office through your solicitors to investigate everything about previous and new owners, his story (previous owner's) seems strange why did he go to transfer his business before the payment without solicitors especially with the people who he did not know very well and second thing he sold the college before tier4 was coming into force and all the colleges had to apply for sponsor license and home office was going to limit the number of students for each college and as LCPS was listed body number of students could be much more than home office was going to allow them that's why he did not apply for tier 4 license and decided to sell the college as many of the students had already paid him he got double profit from the fees and from the money he got from selling the college. people who are running and buying such type of business can not be that naive. so please get together and get home to investigate everything.

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:14 am

Flashman,

Please update the outcome of your friend's case today.

All the best.

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm

today was the first hearing of my mate, seemz like hez gonna get the visa coz HO rep didnt turned up ....! so judge ask the question about the college and stuff, he forgot the take the copy of certificates otherwise judge ll allowed him the appeal, soundz koool .............looking positive

FLASHMAN

Post by FLASHMAN » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Smartee wrote:today was the first hearing of my mate, seemz like hez gonna get the visa coz HO rep didnt turned up ....! so judge ask the question about the college and stuff, he forgot the take the copy of certificates otherwise judge ll allowed him the appeal, soundz koool .............looking positive
Tommorrow is going to happen another hearing for another guy let's see what happens i think HO will not bother to turn up every time as all Lcps applications was refused for the same reason. i think judges will keep pending decisions and after consideration you guys will get the same decision .

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:58 pm

yeah sames like .......

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Wht hap with today's case?

Any updates

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 pm

mate went to court, and all the dates are adjournd :(, judge said they have 90 cases in there system not the up comming refusals one, so wait and watch what ll happ to all of us ............

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Flashman,

What happened to today's case?

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:09 pm

same what i said... """

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 pm

[quote="Smartee"]same what i said... """[/quote

Oh, do u know Flashman?

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Smartee,

Cant understand your statement "they have 90 in there systems not the upcoming refusals".

Does that mean still there are outstanding application with UKBA.

So they adjourned without giving any date. Then how only yesterdays case was heard in the court?

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 pm

yes, that was the only case they had in hearing, coz court did not received any bundle of witness statement untill, they received now, so they appologies everyone today and tell me u ll received new date letter, no i dont know flashman .... but i know who went from his side, hez been adjournd aswell, pata nahe kiya bannay wala hay

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:56 pm

yes ukBa stil have some outstanding cases for refusal ..... till court have 90

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:59 pm

have an idea, HOW ABOUT ON GET TOGATHER AT ANY PLACE IN LONDON, RESTAURENT, OR ANY PLACE ??? ALL LCPS STUDENT WHO WE KNOW .... ??????

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Smartee wrote:have an idea, HOW ABOUT ON GET TOGATHER AT ANY PLACE IN LONDON, RESTAURENT, OR ANY PLACE ??? ALL LCPS STUDENT WHO WE KNOW .... ??????
What would be that for?

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Smartee wrote:have an idea, HOW ABOUT ON GET TOGATHER AT ANY PLACE IN LONDON, RESTAURENT, OR ANY PLACE ??? ALL LCPS STUDENT WHO WE KNOW .... ??????
and what would be the user of that ? in real terms I mean ?
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 pm

just an idea, to share ur ideas and work as a team, if everyone gets agreed otherwise forget it .

FLASHMAN

Post by FLASHMAN » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Smartee wrote:just an idea, to share ur ideas and work as a team, if everyone gets agreed otherwise forget it .
good idea Smartee you are right you guys need to get together but not to share your ideas with each another but to meet the college administration i know that your college is closed but somehow you guys need to find them and arrange an meeting and discuss with them, you guys spent your money and time in order to get this degree so force them to prove in court that it is legitimate .

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:58 pm

if everyone think same ........ then .......

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:46 am

i heard one appeal was allowed yesterday in london court ..........

FLASHMAN

Post by FLASHMAN » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Smartee wrote:i heard one appeal was allowed yesterday in london court ..........
i think even if it was allowed home office will appeal against the decision as many of the cases are pending.

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:16 pm

dats anyother issue ... right now things are getting better, one of my mate got date of june now after being adjourned from court

FLASHMAN

Post by FLASHMAN » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Smartee wrote:dats another issue ... right now things are getting better, one of my mate got date of June now after being adjourned from court
that's good it means home office has finished with there investigation and ready to come.
has anybody tried to find college administration i mean new administration who has awarded you certificates? i think there witness statement with your bundle can be very helpful in the court.

Jbro
Newly Registered

Post by Jbro » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:46 pm

My name is Jamil and I'm a student journalist. I'm doing research on genuine students that have been left stranded because the institutions they applied to, which had been accredited when they applied, lost its accreditation and subsequently closed.

I have read this thread with interest and it seems a lot of you genuinly studied for postgraduate courses but cannot get PSW visas becuase parts of LCPS were deemed to be bogus.

I have read the plight of raja, smartee and flashman's friend with interest. Can any of you guys tell me your particular story? Do you feel cheated by the system (i.e the government) or is what happened out of their hands (i.e due to bogus colleges)?

Also, where there other courses at LCPS aside from postgraduates? What happened to the students that were studying there when the college closed; did they lose their money and get no qualification?

I'm just doing research on this issue to see whether there is a story here and whether it's a widespread problem. I.e is the British system being unfair to foreign students

You can leave messages here or PM me.

Hope things work out for you guys!

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Smartee wrote:dats anyother issue ... right now things are getting better, one of my mate got date of june now after being adjourned from court
I believe there is no success with LCPS any case so far. Once lead case is made it will be published on AIT website as well like it happened with cambridge college.