ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:Hi Brightest Star and Friends, Unfortunately no updates from my side. I rang UKBA at 9.00 am. I got the same old answer '' Your application is still on 1st stage ( Initial Checking ). Application takes 3 to 6 months''. Its very strange. Its more than 3 weeks now and Initial Checking is going long and long. Might be something wrong with application or UKBA updating system, not sure.

Brightest Star, Any update from your side? Did you manage to call them today? Wish you good luck.

Regards,
Hi Tim Bhai, this is so weird and I am sure that they have not updated their system with the latest updates. Initial Checks can't take so long I believe. If you know when your local council receives the certificates, then why not give them a call and ask if they have received anything for you.
From my end no updates at all. I think I will give my council a call day after tomorrow and ask them if they have my certifcate.
Does any one in the forum advise if it is possible to arrange for a ceremony even if I have not received my letter but my council has.
received my certificate?
Tim bhai, I wish you the very best and pray to ALLAH your application soon.
Thanks Brightest Star for your kind wishes.
Just want to share further updates, I rang my council, I find them very helpful they said they did not receive my certificate as yet than I make a 2nd call to UKBA just now. There was a very nice and friendly lady, she told my application has just finished Initial or external checking. Now its moved to 2nd stage, in the Q, to be picked up by the caseworker for the decision.
Thanks GOD Finally its moved. Not sure how much time 2ND STAGE would take? I guess by the end of this week my application might get a decision from caseworker and by the end of month OR 1st week of april I might receive decision letter from UKBA. Wish me good luck.
Phewwwwww..finally. Tim, once the case worker picks it up it takes the case wroker only a few hours to decide on the application as long as it is straightforward, which I believe so is. I think by end of this week you will have a letter sent out and should be with you by next weekend. My good luck and wishes are there with you. I will keep you updated from my end as I am planning to call my local council on Wednesday because that is when they receive the certificates and lets see if they have my certificate or not.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:Hi Brightest Star and Friends, Unfortunately no updates from my side. I rang UKBA at 9.00 am. I got the same old answer '' Your application is still on 1st stage ( Initial Checking ). Application takes 3 to 6 months''. Its very strange. Its more than 3 weeks now and Initial Checking is going long and long. Might be something wrong with application or UKBA updating system, not sure.

Brightest Star, Any update from your side? Did you manage to call them today? Wish you good luck.

Regards,
Hi Tim Bhai, this is so weird and I am sure that they have not updated their system with the latest updates. Initial Checks can't take so long I believe. If you know when your local council receives the certificates, then why not give them a call and ask if they have received anything for you.
From my end no updates at all. I think I will give my council a call day after tomorrow and ask them if they have my certifcate.
Does any one in the forum advise if it is possible to arrange for a ceremony even if I have not received my letter but my council has.
received my certificate?
Just want to share further updates, I rang my council, I find them very helpful they said they did not receive my certificate as yet than I make a 2nd call to UKBA just now. There was a very nice and friendly lady, she told my application has just finished Initial or external checking. Now its moved to 2nd stage, in the Q, to be picked up by the caseworker for the decision.
Thanks GOD Finally its moved. Not sure how much time 2ND STAGE would take? I guess by the end of this week my application might get a decision from caseworker and by the end of month OR 1st week of april I might receive decision letter from UKBA. Wish me good luck.
Phewwwwww..finally. Tim, once the case worker picks it up it takes the case wroker only a few hours to decide on the application as long as it is straightforward, which I believe so is. I think by end of this week you will have a letter sent out and should be with you by next weekend. My good luck and wishes are there with you. I will keep you updated from my end as I am planning to call my local council on Wednesday because that is when they receive the certificates and lets see if they have my certificate or not.
Thanks Bhai.
Inshallah you will get a good news on wednesday.

Are you sure bhai, your council receives certificates on every wednesday? I asked same question to my council, they said they dont have a fix day. They receive certificates time to time from UKBA 5 days a week and runs 1 ceremony per week ( 4 a month ).

May be it depands on council to council. Some councils are on fix day some are on flexible days.

Wish you Good Luck.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
received my certificate?
Thanks Bhai.

Are you sure bhai, your council receives certificates on every wednesday? I asked same question to my council, they said they dont have a fix day. They receive certificates time to time from UKBA 5 days a week and runs 1 ceremony per week ( 4 a month ).

May be it depands on council to council. Some councils are on fix day some are on flexible days.

Wish you Good Luck.

Regards,
Inshallah Bhai....yes I have this question to my council a various time and they have told me the same every time that we receive the certificates only on Wednesday's every week. And lucky you that your council arranges ceremony once every week as my council does only on a 6 weekely basis. Never mind, I am decided to go fpr a private one as it will cost me only £25.00. Do you know if it is possible to request for a ceremony in absence of a invitation letter but given that the council already has my naturalisation certificate.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Thanks Bhai.

Wish you Good Luck.

Regards,
Inshallah Bhai....yes I have this question to my council a various time and they have told me the same every time that we receive the certificates only on Wednesday's every week. And lucky you that your council arranges ceremony once every week as my council does only on a 6 weekely basis. Never mind, I am decided to go fpr a private one as it will cost me only £25.00. Do you know if it is possible to request for a ceremony in absence of a invitation letter but given that the council already has my naturalisation certificate.
Lucky you Only £25.00 thats very cheap. In london, councils charge from £75.00 to £200.00 for private thing.

I guess if your council received your certificate and you have UKBA reference number handy than It should not be a problem atleast try it. Inshallah It'll work or With the blessing of God, you might get 2 in 1 letter from UKBA. Who knows.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Thanks Bhai.

Wish you Good Luck.

Regards,
Lucky you Only £25.00 thats very cheap. In london, councils charge from £75.00 to £200.00 for private thing.

I guess if your council received your certificate and you have UKBA reference number handy than It should not be a problem atleast try it. Inshallah It'll work or With the blessing of God, you might get 2 in 1 letter from UKBA. Who knows.

Regards,
Oh yes I agree that £25 is damm cheap as opposed to what other councils charge and anyways London is just too expensive. I guess these days they send 2 in 1 letter and this has become a norm....I now can't wait until Wednesday afternoon to find out. Good Luck to you as well Tim Bhai......

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi all,
Any update from anyone?
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:41 pm

kindley wrote:Hi all,
Any update from anyone?
Still awaiting my council ceremony invitation letter. If I don't hear by Thursday then I'll give them a ring to check if they have received the certificate. I'm hopeful to get into the 8th April ceremony. In the meantime, I'm completing the passport application form in readiness so I can just send it off the same day I get my naturalisation cert.

Hope we get some more decision letter news coming in from everyone else this week! :)

yarons

Post by yarons » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Any update from anyone?
Not really. Still waiting for my decision letter. Rang UKBA and they said it was dispatched yesterday so a few more days, I guess.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:35 pm

yarons wrote:
Any update from anyone?
Not really. Still waiting for my decision letter. Rang UKBA and they said it was dispatched yesterday so a few more days, I guess.
God, this 2nd class post takes ages to arrive. UKBA should really start using 1st class post instead. I am hoping for a string of approval letters through the doors of our friends in the forum.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Any update from anyone?
Just rang UKBA ( 4.07PM ). They said a decision has been made on my application so decision letter will arrive in next 7 days.

Brightest Star, you were 110% right. Caseworker just took couple of hours for decision. Wish me GOOD LUCK. May Almighty Allah bless all of us good news.

Regards,

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:14 pm

freddfrog wrote:
Any update from anyone?
Still awaiting my council ceremony invitation letter. If I don't hear by Thursday then I'll give them a ring to check if they have received the certificate. I'm hopeful to get into the 8th April ceremony. In the meantime, I'm completing the passport application form in readiness so I can just send it off the same day I get my naturalisation cert.

Hope we get some more decision letter news coming in from everyone else this week! :)
Did not you get 2 in 1 letter from UKBA?
Wish you good luck mate :P

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:15 pm

yarons wrote:
Any update from anyone?
Hopefully you'll get it by this friday or saturday. GOOD LUCK :D

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
yarons wrote:
Any update from anyone?
God, this 2nd class post takes ages to arrive. UKBA should really start using 1st class post instead. I am hoping for a string of approval letters through the doors of our friends in the forum.
Bhai I just join you on '' Approval letter waiting BOAT''. Hope for the best. Inshallah We'll receive it by the end of this week. :D

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
yarons wrote:
Any update from anyone?
Bhai I just join you on '' Approval letter waiting BOAT''. Hope for the best. Inshallah We'll receive it by the end of this week. :D
Hhahaah..welcome brother....Inshallah we all will have it by this Saturday the latest...

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Tim555 wrote:
freddfrog wrote:
Any update from anyone?

Cheers mate! No, I got the approval letter to say that ceremony invitation should follow shortly (within 2 wks of approval letter date 15/03). I think this is because I applied through postal and not NCS and they sent documents back by faster secure delivery and they just included approval letter in the envelope otherwise it would have arrived 2nd class with 2 in 1 letter probably! :)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
yarons wrote:
Hhahaah..welcome brother....Inshallah we all will have it by this Saturday the latest...
Inshallah

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:26 pm

freddfrog wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
freddfrog wrote:
Any update from anyone?

Cheers mate! No, I got the approval letter to say that ceremony invitation should follow shortly (within 2 wks of approval letter date 15/03). I think this is because I applied through postal and not NCS and they sent documents back by faster secure delivery and they just included approval letter in the envelope otherwise it would have arrived 2nd class with 2 in 1 letter probably! :)
It means if someone apply through NCS, gets 2 in 1 letter from UKBA otherwise just 1 and 2. Am I right?

Did you contact to your local council for certificate and ceremony? How many ceremonies do they run per week/month? Ring them and get an idea otherwise you have to go for a private one.

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:30 pm

what is 2 in 1 letter, thanks

zoned in
Newly Registered

timeline.....help please

Post by zoned in » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:30 pm

does anyone know how long it takes from sending in passport application forms to interview for passport? i called HO and they have sent m decision letter since friday last week, i have also called the council and the next citizenship ceremony is on the 7th of april (hopefully my letter will come by then). so i would like to have an idea how much longer i would have to wait before my interview date if i were to send off passport application on the same day i do ceremony....

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Tim and Brightest S,

Please when the UKBA recieve you applications again?

Regards

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Hesham wrote:what is 2 in 1 letter, thanks
2 in 1 letter is a Approval letter from UKBA to applicant where they advise two things:

1) Application approval confirmation
2) Advise to contact local council for citizenship ceremony.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 pm

kindley wrote:Tim and Brightest S,

Regards
Mine received on 01/03/2010 and I think Brightest Star's on 03/03/2010.

Regards,

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:01 pm

Tim555 wrote:

Regards

Regards,
Yes, Tim bhai is correct with my application received on 03/03

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Regards

Regards,
Yes, Tim bhai is correct with my application received on 03/03
Thanks for the info guys. Any updates from you guys tonight?

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:12 am

Tim555, it does seem like you get 2 in 1 if through NCS as there are no important supporting docs to send back - otherwise it's separate.

I did ring my council register office last week and they didn't have my certificate yet. That was before I knew that I got approval. No letter came yesterday so I will wait to see if the letter is here tonight before ringing again tomorrow if not.

It seems my council only does group ceremony once a month as next one after 8th April is 6th May. Private ceremony is £80. I think the certificate should arrive before the 8th so I should get in with that.