ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year ILR - Exit stamp Missing in Passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nishsil
Newly Registered

10 Year ILR - Exit stamp Missing in Passport

Post by nishsil » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi everyone,

Im applying on the basis of 10 year ILR in june 2010. I cheked my passport for exit and entry stamps in to UK. there is one exit stamp at paris immigration control on coming back to london by eurostar in 2002 but not the entry stamp when I was entering Paris from london just 3 days earlier. (UK immigration officials did not stamp IN or OUT in the passport those days)
all the other visa stamps are there showing my entry in to the other visited countries and UK entry stamps at the Uk boarder control points when I enter back.

will this missing stamp cause any problem regarding the 10 year application?

Thanking you in advance...

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 pm

It will not matter, UKBA does have details of your exit and entry, so do mention the dates in your 'absence details' sheet.
Best Regards

winber

Post by winber » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:47 am

I'm not convinced UKBA always have details of when you exit. Do the airlines pass them the details? What if you go out by car, boat?

foxy

Post by foxy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:44 am

I don't think this should be an issue.

Did you require a visa to visit France? If yes, then your visa validity and its start date would pretty much prove what was the earliest you could have entered.

If you have a multiple entry or require no visa, then I am sure you would be subject to the 3 month maximum stay rule which means if you went over that, you may have had issues getting an exit stamp in Paris. So unless you're very near your 18 month limit, this should provide a reasonable safeguard too.

I wouldn't sweat too much on it if i were you. It may be worth getting your SAR from the UKBA too.

nishsil
Newly Registered

Post by nishsil » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for all your replies...

Would asking for the SAR file from HO cause any unexpected problems when I apply for ILR?

Thanking you...

foxy

Post by foxy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:09 am

No. SAR file just shows you every info they hold about you.

nishsil
Newly Registered

Post by nishsil » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:50 am

Thank you very much for all your advise...

longresisdence
Newly Registered

Post by longresisdence » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:16 am

Can any body confirm that Home Office or immigration officers not use to stamp every passport in/out before 2005, As my 10 year ilr is due and i found same thing in my passport one entry stamp in 2003 is missing but entry/exit stamp is there from Islamabad airport. but no stamp for entry in UK...? Thanks

Post by 2012 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:32 pm

1. Having exit and entry stamps is not an issue as it is UKBA issue and they know that they do not put exit and entry stamps on the passports.
2. U SAR file normally wud not have any information on this apart from u very first landing card details on the file.

longresisdence
Newly Registered

Post by longresisdence » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:49 pm

2012 wrote:1. Having exit and entry stamps is not an issue as it is UKBA issue and they know that they do not put exit and entry stamps on the passports.
2. U SAR file normally wud not have any information on this apart from u very first landing card details on the file.
thanks v much 2012.

jbm

Post by jbm » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 pm

longresisdence wrote:
2012 wrote:1. Having exit and entry stamps is not an issue as it is UKBA issue and they know that they do not put exit and entry stamps on the passports.
thanks v much 2012.
have u applied?