ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying at Bangalore VFS-No appointment available

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s19779

Applying at Bangalore VFS-No appointment available

Post by s19779 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi Everyone,
I could not get the appointment on Friday the 26th march at bangalore VFS.
Can anybody who had a previous experience, tell me what time to be there to get the job done before lunch time!!! I got to be in office post lunch, that is why!!

Should I go the night before and wait as there will be overcrowding due to rule change as in last year march? Or be there around 5 Am is ok?

Please help me.

Thanks,
Rajesh.J

smarty1277

Re: Applying at Bangalore VFS-No appointment available

Post by smarty1277 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

I took appointment from VFS New Delhi but as I have to travel back to Bangalore on short notice so I went to VFS one day prior to my scheduled appointment. I reached VFS by 1 PM and my job done by 5 PM becoz I applied on 15th Feb and there was holidays from 10th to 14th Feb 2010 for maintenance work and all.

But never heard that someone have to stay outside in the night or reach office very early so no idea about that.
s19779 wrote:Hi Everyone,
I could not get the appointment on Friday the 26th march at Bangalore VFS.
Can anybody who had a previous experience, tell me what time to be there to get the job done before lunch time!!! I got to be in office post lunch, that is why!!

Should I go the night before and wait as there will be overcrowding due to rule change as in last year march? Or be there around 5 Am is OK?

Please help me.

Thanks,
Rajesh.J
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

vks

Re: Applying at Bangalore VFS-No appointment available

Post by vks » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:58 pm

s19779 wrote:Hi Everyone,
I could not get the appointment on Friday the 26th march at bangalore VFS.

Should I go the night before and wait as there will be overcrowding due to rule change as in last year march? Or be there around 5 Am is ok?

Please help me.

Thanks,
Rajesh.J
You should call the VFS to get an appointment!
Regards,
vks

s19779

Post by s19779 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:25 am

I had an appointment on 9th April and am preponing it due to new rules in place by 6th April.

Yes, I called tem but they said we cannot have appointments thru phone and only thru email it can be done.
I sent an email and there seems to be no apointment for this entire week.

So what shall I do? Any one applied from bangalore can help me please!!

Thanks.

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 am

s19779 wrote:I had an appointment on 9th April and am preponing it due to new rules in place by 6th April.

Yes, I called tem but they said we cannot have appointments thru phone and only thru email it can be done.
I sent an email and there seems to be no apointment for this entire week.

So what shall I do? Any one applied from bangalore can help me please!!

Thanks.
Are you particular with A VFS?
What I meant is, since the rules are chaning on April 6th, if you want to apply earlier, if the rules does not favour you, then why not try Pune VFS or Hyderabad VFS?
Regards,
vks

kommsu

Post by kommsu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:50 am

VFS Hyderabad is very fast .. you can complete your work in 1-2 hrs although you dont have appointment.
Be there at 8 you will come out at 10 .
Hope this info helps you.

Thanks,
Suresh.K
Hyderabad

=================
My time lines below
VFS center applied: Hyderabad
Applied on: 08 Mar 2010
Application Dispatched to BHC: 08 Mar 2010
Under process Status changed on: 13 Mar 2010
Passport Stamped on : 23 Mar 2010
Valid Till :10 Jun 2013

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:37 am

i will suggest u to go for premium service also just show up there at watevr time they open and tell them that u r goin for premium service, i think they will guide u as for delhi vfs they entertain ppl who dnt hav an appointment, appointment is added advtge , jus show up thr u will b fine also it dsnt makes sense to wait sice early mornin better is u try for sm other vfs delhi is also fast bt its too far pune n hyd seem better option
Good Luck mate

s19779

Post by s19779 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks everyone. I dont think I can travel at the last moment to other vfs offices except chenai. Planning to opt for premium services in chennai.

Thanks everyone for your help and concern.

Regards,
Rajesh

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:29 pm

muditmalhotra wrote:i will suggest u to go for premium service also just show up there at watevr time they open and tell them that u r goin for premium service, i think they will guide u as for delhi vfs they entertain ppl who dnt hav an appointment, appointment is added advtge , jus show up thr u will b fine also it dsnt makes sense to wait sice early mornin better is u try for sm other vfs delhi is also fast bt its too far pune n hyd seem better option
Good Luck mate
The VFS premium service lounge facilities are available at the Visa Application Centre's in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. . The premium lounge service includes:

• Separate lounge with personalised service by dedicated staff
• Classy ambience with refreshments
• Faster submission of applications at the visa application centre
• Courier return of passport
• SMS alert on the status of your application
• Photocopying service for your documents

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/services.aspx
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

s19779

Post by s19779 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi Everyone, Filed my Application Today @ Bangalore.

Just a glimpse of what happened there:

I went there at 6 AM and joined as 11th or 12 th person in the que formed already.

At 8AM, the 8:00, 8:10 & 8:15 appointments where asked to enter and then we were let one by one. We were in by 8:20, Payed the fee, got the token from enquiry and it was 8:35. A small que at enquiry!

The appointments were flowing and so were people in que without appointments.

There was almost a 45 minutes pause @ one token (token 112) and it was not changing and frustrated everyone. Finally when it changed to 113, everyone applauded and it was fun!

Submitted at 11:10 AM and biometrics in the next 15 minutes.

Left VFS @ 11:30 AM.

Thanks Guys, for your kind help.

Regards

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

All The Best !!!!!

Post by muditmalhotra » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:39 pm

All The Best !!!!