ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When apply for your passport (readme)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

When apply for your passport (readme)

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:56 am

Hey,

this happened to me a week a go.

I was with a friend somewhere near Howth and decided to complete my passport form and get it stamp and photo signed by the GARDS. So I went to a Garda office near Howth.

The Gard on duty refused to sign anything (politely) telling me that because I was living in Santry that the Garda office from Santry should sign this.

Strange enough, a colleague of mine, Irish white was also applying for his passport and got his form and photo signed by the Garda near our office without requiring him to back where he lives to do that.

Before jumping the god damn gun, I believe that young Gard did not know and have not received any training. He was not mean at all but did not know.

Next off to Santry. At the Garda station, the gard there, nice guy, signed my form and photo and no problem.

NOTE:
He's never seen "any naturilization cert" before and while he acknowledge this, he also asked to see the letter that came with it....politely.

So just you are aware, some of you may just be in this situation especially if you are travelling outside Dublin to do your passport.

So ensure that you have the following:

== This certainly applies to people like me doing their first irish passport.

1. Your cert and the letter that came with it
2. Two photos
3. Birth Certificate (original and translated certified copy)
4. An utility bill (Bord Gais, NTL etc..)

NOTE:
Points 3, 4 were never asked to me but again, these folks can just be crazy....Don't give 'em a chance.

Thanks, God damn it.

Nana (the Girl to Bitch)

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 am

That is strange....I am trying to say that what happen to you is not true.
I don't think the Naturalisation would matter for the Garda. In my case I used my old passport (original country). You may need it for passport office. It also strange why the letter that come with the cert is required. I have put mine in bin.
Surely the letter that come with cert never mention as one of requirement for applying passport.
Very odd...