ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post application on 31st March, is it still under old rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hjlp
Newly Registered

Post application on 31st March, is it still under old rules

Post by hjlp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Hiya, Just noticed Tier1 is going to make BIG change. So I am going to post everything and application form on 31st March as I am waiting for this month payslip(yes last working day every month!)

I assume, FANTASTiC royal mail next day delivery should let me application in before new rules come to effect? Can anyone clarify that? or Easter can mess up everything? I am in the UK now, Many thanks.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 pm

You can even post it on 3rd (Saturday) before mid day as long as you have proof of postage* This case is only for royal mail posting not a courier service.
Good Luck

vks

Re: Post application on 31st March, is it still under old ru

Post by vks » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:37 pm

hjlp wrote:Hiya, Just noticed Tier1 is going to make BIG change. So I am going to post everything and application form on 31st March as I am waiting for this month payslip(yes last working day every month!)

I assume, FANTASTiC royal mail next day delivery should let me application in before new rules come to effect? Can anyone clarify that? or Easter can mess up everything? I am in the UK now, Many thanks.
The rules that are on the day you post is applicable rather than when the HO receives your application!
Regards,
vks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 pm

vks wrote: The rules that are on the day you post is applicable rather than when the HO receives your application! provided you send your application by royal mail. It is better to send by SD and preserve the proof of postage.

hjlp
Newly Registered

Post by hjlp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:14 am

Guys, many thanks, at least it's not vain I am filling application now!

vip
Newly Registered

Post by vip » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:32 am

hjlp wrote:Hiya, Just noticed Tier1 is going to make BIG change. So I am going to post everything and application form on 31st March as I am waiting for this month payslip(yes last working day every month!)

I don't think your application would be considered under the old rules.

"The changes in this Statement shall take effect on 6 April 2010, excepting paragraphs 5, 6, 7, 52 and 53 which
shall take effect on 7 April 2010. However, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave
to enter or remain before 6 April and the application has not been decided before that date, it will be decided in
accordance with the Rules in force on 5 April 2010 or in the case of paragraphs 5, 6, 7, 52 and 53 on 6 April.
"

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:54 am

vip wrote:

I don't think your application would be considered under the old rules.

"The changes in this Statement shall take effect on 6 April 2010, excepting paragraphs 5, 6, 7, 52 and 53 which
shall take effect on 7 April 2010. However, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave
to enter or remain before 6 April and the application has not been decided before that date, it will be decided in
accordance with the Rules in force on 5 April 2010
or in the case of paragraphs 5, 6, 7, 52 and 53 on 6 April."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Please read it once again. It clearly says if the application has not been decided by 6th April, it will be decided according to the rules on 5th April (which are old rules)

hjlp
Newly Registered

Post by hjlp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Oh, where is hell that statement coming from? Could you guys have a look belown link.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... -t2-and-ir

It does say "The changes will come into effect on 6 April and 7 April 2010. Applications that are made before the new rules come into effect will be considered under the rules in place on the date of the application."

Does sounds it depends on when you made application not grant.
Should I stop filling application form now and don't waste £820?

hjlp
Newly Registered

Post by hjlp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Hiya, I don't think that paragraph apply to me. As it stated "applicants haven't got leave to enter or remain before 6 April. But I am already work permit holder and working in UK now, so already granted leave to remain,?

can anyone to make a clarification here? I haven't got time to scan the whole statement.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:46 pm

hjlp wrote:Oh, where is hell that statement coming from? Could you guys have a look belown link.

It does say "The changes will come into effect on 6 April and 7 April 2010. Applications that are made before the new rules come into effect will be considered under the rules in place on the date of the application."

please read the statement carefully. It clearly says if a decision has not been made by 6th April, it will be decided according to the rules in place on the 5th April (which are old rules).

Anybody who has made an application before 6th April will be dealt with the old rules.

hjlp
Newly Registered

Post by hjlp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:59 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
hjlp wrote:Oh, where is hell that statement coming from? Could you guys have a look belown link.

please read the statement carefully. It clearly says if a decision has not been made by 6th April, it will be decided according to the rules in place on the 5th April (which are old rules).

Anybody who has made an application before 6th April will be dealt with the old rules.

Ah, Thanks runi4470, I only read the post before you. So I carry on filling... any ideas of ICFN? section C9 on application form? I haven't got one!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 pm

any ideas of ICFN? section C9 on application form? I haven't got one!
Leave it blank, if you havent got one.[/quote]