ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling for work 2 weeks before my current HSMP expiry!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RCAM037
Newly Registered

Travelling for work 2 weeks before my current HSMP expiry!

Post by RCAM037 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Hello!

Can anyone help me clarify the following??

I am travelling to France for work for two weeks in May - and I arrive back in the UK TWO WEEKS before my current HSMP expires.

I plan to have my extention application ready to send the day I get back. And I have a valid case, correct points, maintenance funds etc.

However is there a possibility that I might do something wrong on my application form or supporting docs and I could have my application rejected AFTER expiry of my current visa and be asked to leave the country?

And if so, is it possible to send it early (say 8 or 9 weeks in advance of expiry) and request my visa/passport be returned to me before I leave as i need ot travel for work purposes - I could provide a letter from my employer stating this, but is this allowed? Has there been any history of people doing this?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:12 pm

My personal sugggestion:

If you want to apply now then use the same day service. Get the visa extension and go to France.

Second option is to apply when you come back from France. You wont have any problem at the airport on the way back. If they do ask you then tell the reason and show them the proof of meeting the extension criteria on the spot and hopefully they will be satisfied.

If you meet the point scoring criteria then you should be alright. Even if your application is refused by some mistake of yours then you will be given right of appeal. And you can easily win on appeal if you did some technical mistake in the application.

If you are so worried of mistake and lacking confidence then better take help of some good immigration consultant.

RCAM037
Newly Registered

2010 Tier 1 changes apply to inital applications or ALL??

Post by RCAM037 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:34 am

Thank you very much for your advice. I greatly appreciate it.

I am now concerned about the new possible changes to the Tier 1 requirments. If the salary points change as recommended I will no longer have enough points (5 points short of the 75 required).

Does anyone know/ have an opinion on whether these changes would apply to those already in the UK under HSMP, who are applying for an extention under Tier 1 PBS. Or if they are only likely to apply to initial applications?

Thank you very much in advance!! I am very confused/concerned!!

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: 2010 Tier 1 changes apply to inital applications or ALL?

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:02 pm

RCAM037 wrote:Thank you very much for your advice. I greatly appreciate it.

I am now concerned about the new possible changes to the Tier 1 requirments. If the salary points change as recommended I will no longer have enough points (5 points short of the 75 required).

Does anyone know/ have an opinion on whether these changes would apply to those already in the UK under HSMP, who are applying for an extention under Tier 1 PBS. Or if they are only likely to apply to initial applications?

Thank you very much in advance!! I am very confused/concerned!!
new rules published today .
Extn rules unchanged.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... -of-policy

all the best.

RCAM037
Newly Registered

Post by RCAM037 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:43 pm

many thanks both for your assistance!