ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem with application found during premium appointment??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RCAM037
Newly Registered

Problem with application found during premium appointment??

Post by RCAM037 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 pm

I am applying for an extention to my HSMP visa (switching to Tier 1 General) at the beginning of April (as soon as I can get an appt). I cant apply beofre this due to work travel commitments.

My visa expires 15/06/10. My question is, if there is an issue they find woth my application - say a missing bank statment or an incorrect date or soemthing - would my application still be considered "submitted" if I have to leave the office without my visa? (like it is for a postal application - i.e. the extention is granted while your application is being considered)

Or is there the possibility that i will leave thier office a few days before my visa expires with no visa and my application not with the H.O, and therefore my visa expires and I am required to leave the country?

I hoep this makes sense. Obviously i do not intend there to be any problems with it, I just wondered if it worked the same way as a postal application in that you are given grace untill your appeal is considered.

It is unliekly I will have time to book a new appointment, and if I posted a new application at this point I would miss several important business trips in late June/July.

Many thanks in advance for your expertise and assitance!

RCAM037
Newly Registered

Post by RCAM037 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Fyi, I meet all the criteria and have enough points, I have just read about so many errors people have made on this forum that I cant totally rule out that i will make one also. Thanks.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm sure you get a right to appeal and get a grace period (28 days I guess).
Keep a blank copy of the application just in case there was some typo or some other error with the application form. Although I'm not sure if they allow you to correct the error over the counter but it's worth being prepared in advance
Goodluck.

RCAM037
Newly Registered

Post by RCAM037 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Thank you - your advice is much appreciated!

Would be great to hear from anyeone this has actually hapenned to??