ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

milindsm

Tier 1 (General)

Post by milindsm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Hello Everybody,

I would like to thank all of you who helped me directly or indirectly by answering my queries time-to-time... :) Today I got my Passport back with Tier 1 (General) valid for 3 years.... !!!

Now one more query :)

While applying I'd selection an option "Spouse not accompanying in next 12 months".

Does it really mean that she can't apply in next 12 months???

vks

Re: Tier 1 (General)

Post by vks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:53 pm

milindsm wrote:Hello Everybody,

I would like to thank all of you who helped me directly or indirectly by answering my queries time-to-time... :) Today I got my Passport back with Tier 1 (General) valid for 3 years.... !!!

While applying I'd selection an option "Spouse not accompanying in next 12 months".

You can apply, as long as you satisfy the criteria!
Regards,
vks

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Ok thanks...!!!

BTW, Is there any rule that I have to travel within 28 days from the date of approval??? If I am not able to do that what will be the impact???

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:30 pm

You can apply for ur dependent now not aproblem

if you travel within 28days (if current ILR rules stay) you can be eligible for ILR with 1extension if not have to go for 2extensions..

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi milindsm, Can you please tell from which VFS did u apply? I applied from VFS Delhi on 23rd Feb and still waiting for the result.

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:34 pm

I am not very clear with ILR extension 1 and extension 2 :(
Could u pls elaborate more??? or send me some link ????

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:43 pm

milindsm wrote:I am not very clear with ILR extension 1 and extension 2 :(
if you delay your first entry in the UK for more than 28 days then you can't satisfy the requirement of earning indefinite leave to remain in the UK after 5 years of being in the uk
if you delay your first entry then you have to apply for a 2nd extension to complete 5 years
Goodluck.

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:07 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Hi milindsm, Can you please tell from which VFS did u apply? I applied from VFS Delhi on 23rd Feb and still waiting for the result.
Hi,

I'd applied from VFS Pune on 8th March. I got it approval on 22nd March. Don't worry...!!! Have some patience...!!! It'll definitely come...!!!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:20 pm

milindsm wrote:I am not very clear with ILR extension 1 and extension 2 :(
Currently you have 3yrs Tier1(G) Visa... and for you to qualify for ILR after 5yrs (if current rules stay) you need to renew/apply for extension-1 to complete 5yrs (3+2) if you enter UK with in 28days you are eligible for ILR after ur 1st extension.. if not you have to apply for extension-2 to cover the no. of days you land after the 28days period..

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:23 pm

oh ok.... Got it...!!! Thanks!!!!

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:07 am

vks wrote:

So here is the list of docs I need,

- Marriage Certificate
- Photocopy(or Original??) of my passport
- Bank statements for fund maintenance.
- Application form

Anything else apart from this???

I have a query regarding Bank statements for fund maintenance. I'd submitted bank statements for fund maintenance for the period Dec-09 to Mar-10. Can I continue with this period and show the bank statements of say, Jan-10 to April-10 ???? What is the total amount I have to show this time?????

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:40 am

No answer???? :(

vks

Post by vks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:33 am

milindsm wrote:
vks wrote:

So here is the list of docs I need,

- Marriage Certificate
- Photocopy(or Original??) of my passport
- Bank statements for fund maintenance.
- Application form

Anything else apart from this???

I have a query regarding Bank statements for fund maintenance. I'd submitted bank statements for fund maintenance for the period Dec-09 to Mar-10. Can I continue with this period and show the bank statements of say, Jan-10 to April-10 ???? What is the total amount I have to show this time?????
Provide a detailed query as much as possible. The people in the forum would respond immediately for question that are complete and they can understand without any assumptions!

What kind of application is it? Is it Initial or Extension? How long were you in the UK? Are you in the UK now?
Regards,
vks

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:47 am

Oops... Sorry...!! My bad...!!!

Its regarding Tier 1(general) Initial application. I am NOT in the UK right now. I got an approval 2 days back, planning to travel in June.

While filling up my application of Tier 1(general), I selected an option "Spouse not accompanying within 12 months" and thus I maintained only 2800 GBP for the period of 3rd Dec 09 to 3rd March 10.

Now my query is, If I want to apply for Tier 1 (general) dependent for my spouse before I travel to the UK, how much fund I have to show. Also, can 3 months that I maintained funds for and 3 months that I'll use now to for dependent visa be overlapped?? I maintained funds for the period,

Dec 09 - Mar 10

and I am planning to show funds for dependent for the period

Feb 10 - May 10

Here, a complete month of Feb and some part of March is overlapping with the period that I maintained those funds...!!!

I hope I have explained it in easier manner....!!! Pls write back for any clarification.

vks

Post by vks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:19 am

milindsm wrote:Oops... Sorry...!! My bad...!!!

Its regarding Tier 1(general) Initial application. I am NOT in the UK right now. I got an approval 2 days back, planning to travel in June.

While filling up my application of Tier 1(general), I selected an option "Spouse not accompanying within 12 months" and thus I maintained only 2800 GBP for the period of 3rd Dec 09 to 3rd March 10.

Now my query is, If I want to apply for Tier 1 (general) dependent for my spouse before I travel to the UK, how much fund I have to show. Also, can 3 months that I maintained funds for and 3 months that I'll use now to for dependent visa be overlapped?? I maintained funds for the period,

Dec 09 - Mar 10

and I am planning to show funds for dependent for the period

Feb 10 - May 10

Here, a complete month of Feb and some part of March is overlapping with the period that I maintained those funds...!!!

I hope I have explained it in easier manner....!!! Pls write back for any clarification.
This seems to be a bit complicated question!

In theory you can use the fund, as you have already got your visa and you are free to use. But the problem I see is that the overlapping time frame. Contact the local Visa office overseas for more information

Someone may be able to answer you query in the forum!

My query is not answered by any of the FAQs. What can I do?
Regards,
vks