ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got HSMP Visa for Three Years From Pakistan, What to Do Next

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Got HSMP Visa for Three Years From Pakistan, What to Do Next

Post by waheed » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi All,

I got my HSMP Visa for three years ending March 2013.(Me , my wife and daughter)

I have the following queries.

1) After how much time I can leave for UK and if i delay what will be the impact?
2) Should I go alone or along with my family in the start?
3) What should I carry with myself, clothing etc.
4) What happens upon landing in UK, which documents are required and what else happens?
5) Any good sites to get the accommodation/Job?
6) How much money needed if I leave alone and how much if with my family?

Regards

Waheed

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Congratulations

1- Fly ASAP. Although rules are changing from July-11 but as per current rules if you do not enter within 28 day than you need to extend your visa 3 times. You must complete 5 years to apply ILR and time starts when you first enter the country.

2-Depends upon your situation. I would prefer to travel alone and first arrange job and house for family.

3-Cloths, laptop, books, every ting. UK is very expensive country so try to bring as much stuff as possible.

4- In plane they will give you landing card to fill. On arrival you will see immigration officer. Make sure you keep your visa file in hand. He will ask you some simple questions than you will be asked for X rays.

5-Where do you want to live, London, Manchester, Cardiff? What is your profession?

6-In London a single man, sharing a room with some one, needs at least 500 pounds per month. If travelling with family than you may need to arrange a flat. One bed flat rent is about 600 pound per month. Add extra 600 pounds for food, travel, bills etc

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:47 am

Sky_High wrote:Congratulations

1- Fly ASAP. Although rules are changing from July-11 but as per current rules if you do not enter within 28 day than you need to extend your visa 3 times. You must complete 5 years to apply ILR and time starts when you first enter the country.

Just becoz of this I am flying to UK within 28 days. I am traveling on 1st April 2010 and my Visa is valid from 10th March 2010.

2-Depends upon your situation. I would prefer to travel alone and first arrange job and house for family.

I am traveling alone now. Once settled down then will bring my family.

3-Cloths, laptop, books, every ting. UK is very expensive country so try to bring as much stuff as possible.

I am not very much into eating out as I like mostly Indian foods only and will prepare as much as I can. How much this will cost me? I will be staying in London.

4- In plane they will give you landing card to fill. On arrival you will see immigration officer. Make sure you keep your visa file in hand. He will ask you some simple questions than you will be asked for X rays.

Chest X-ray only or they will look for tests also like blood and HIV?

5-Where do you want to live, London, Manchester, Cardiff? What is your profession?

I will be staying in London.

6-In London a single man, sharing a room with some one, needs at least 500 pounds per month. If travelling with family than you may need to arrange a flat. One bed flat rent is about 600 pound per month. Add extra 600 pounds for food, travel, bills etc
Thanks for the info. If you can respond to the comments I made in red will be very useful.
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:32 pm

One more thing,

Get you medicals done just before (say a week or 2-3 days) you fly...!!!1

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:46 pm

milindsm wrote:One more thing,

Get you medicals done just before (say a week or 2-3 days) you fly...!!!1
he doesn't need to I guess if he submitted the TB screening certificate with his application.
that would work
Goodluck.

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:54 pm

@Sky_High, you are talking about this ...- Fly ASAP. Although rules are changing from July-11 ... Can you add more about this? I am not aware of any such changes? Where did you get to know this information? Thank you

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:14 pm

lucky3 wrote:Although rules are changing from July-11
Currently the path to citizenship is:
Tier 1/2 -> ILR (after 5 years) -> citizenship (after 6 years)

but from July 2011 immigration rules change and the path will be:
Tier 1/2 -> probationary citizenship (after 5 years) -> citizenship OR permanent residency (new name for ILR) (after 8 years, or 6 years if you are "active in the community")

Basically the time for permanent settlement increases from 5 years to 6-8 years. However it does not really matter when you arrive, because everyone who will arrive to UK nowadays will be subject to the new rules.

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks for all members who replied.

I have the following more queries.

1) My Visa stamped in March 2010 for three years and plan to leave UK in end June, How it will effect my FLR and ILR?

2) If I plan to travel alone after how much time my family can join me?

3) If they join me late will their ILR and FLR will also be effected?

4) What are the requirements for applying FLR? (How much earning for how much period is required to qualify to FLR?)

5) What is the criteria/requirements for applying ILR?(How much earning for how much period is required to qualify to ILR?)

6) "No Recourse to public funds " this is written on the our family visas. What does this mean? What about child education and family medical?

7) Currently my daughter is in class 3 and will be promoted to class 4 in June, what will be her educational status in UK?

8- Me and my spouse have only undergone the TB screening test by IOM , do we need other medicals test.

9) I have the not given IELTS. Is there any need when applying for FLR or ILR?

10)How much money needed to bring when coming to UK alone and with family. (Maximum and minimum amount in normal location not in London).

11)I have a Pakistani driving license do I need an International license? Will that international license issued from Islamabad valid in UK?

12) Good sites to apply for job online. What are chances of getting the job while staying in the home country?

I think these are the most common questions which will be really helpful for all leaving to UK under Tier1 HSMP, so expert opinions/guidance from the ones who have reached UK and the ones who are planning to leave for UK especially from Pakistan will be much appreciated.

Regards

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:29 pm

waheed wrote:Thanks for all members who replied.

I have the following more queries.

1) My Visa stamped in March 2010 for three years and plan to leave UK in end June, How it will effect my FLR and ILR?

You have to get FLR twice before applying ILR.

2) If I plan to travel alone after how much time my family can join me?

Any time. They should live with you in UK for last two years if they want to apply ILR with you

3) If they join me late will their ILR and FLR will also be effected?

As above.

4) What are the requirements for applying FLR? (How much earning for how much period is required to qualify to FLR?)

Depends upon you age. Check UK BA site for points for Tier 1 extension.

5) What is the criteria/requirements for applying ILR?(How much earning for how much period is required to qualify to ILR?)

4 years 11 months. You must not be absent from UK for more than 180 days - (No single trip more than 90 days). You must be economically active in last 5 years. After July 2011 this all going to be changed.

6) "No Recourse to public funds " this is written on the our family visas. What does this mean? What about child education and family medical?
Health and Education is free. Job seeker allowances, children tax credits, free housing etc are some example of restricted items.

7) Currently my daughter is in class 3 and will be promoted to class 4 in June, what will be her educational status in UK?\

Depends upon her capability. Once school access her they will give you correct advice.

8- Me and my spouse have only undergone the TB screening test by IOM , do we need other medicals test.

No need.

9) I have the not given IELTS. Is there any need when applying for FLR or ILR?

No

10)How much money needed to bring when coming to UK alone and with family. (Maximum and minimum amount in normal location not in London).

I would say 5K alone and 12K with family. Getting a job without UK qualification and experience could be very hard. You should bring funds to support you and your family for at least 6 month.

11)I have a Pakistani driving license do I need an International license? Will that international license issued from Islamabad valid in UK?

Yes for 1 year. Insurance will Kill you for international license. Try to get UK license as soon as possible.

12) Good sites to apply for job online. What are chances of getting the job while staying in the home country?
What is your profession?

I think these are the most common questions which will be really helpful for all leaving to UK under Tier1 HSMP, so expert opinions/guidance from the ones who have reached UK and the ones who are planning to leave for UK especially from Pakistan will be much appreciated.

Regards
[/b]

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks Sky-High Brother for reply. Are you from Pakistan? Are you in UK or still in Pakistan?

I am 36.

4 years 11 months. You must not be absent from UK for more than 180 days - (No single trip more than 90 days). You must be economically active in last 5 years. After July 2011 this all going to be changed.

You mean to say after entering UK I cant be out for more than 180 days in total and one trip should not be more more than 90 days. Am I right or wrong?

Health and Education is free. Job seeker allowances, children tax credits, free housing etc are some example of restricted items
You mean to say education of children and health/medical for all the family is free.

Yes for 1 year. Insurance will Kill you for international license. Try to get UK license as soon as possible.
Again u mean to say that international license from Pakistan will be valid for 1 year. I am unable to get this that why insurance will kill for international license. Whats the procedure for getting the UK license and any special requirements for that?

What is your profession?

15 years management experience in a polyurethane manufacturing concern.

What we have to show /prove to get the FLR (how much earning and for how much period)?

What we have to show /prove to get the ILR (how much earning and for how much period?)

Regards

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:46 pm

waheed wrote:Thanks Sky-High Brother for reply. Are you from Pakistan? Are you in UK or still in Pakistan?

I am 36.

You still need to get 75 points. There will be no changes in points for age and qualifications. You will get 5 points for UK work experience. Earning points are as below:
£40000 + 45 points
£35,000 - £39,999 40 points
£32,000 - £34,999 35 points
£29,000 - £31,999 30 points
£26,000 - £28,999 25 points
£23,000 - £25,999 20 points
£20,000 - £22,999 15 points
Under £20,000 0 point

You mean to say after entering UK I cant be out for more than 180 days in total and one trip should not be more more than 90 days. Am I right or wrong?

Right.

Health and Education is free. Job seeker allowances, children tax credits, free housing etc are some example of restricted items
You mean to say education of children and health/medical for all the family is free.

100% Yes

Again u mean to say that international license from Pakistan will be valid for 1 year. I am unable to get this that why insurance will kill for international license. Whats the procedure for getting the UK license and any special requirements for that?

By Law every driver requires to get car insurance. If you have international driving license this will be really expensive. Passing UK driving test is not difficult.

What is your profession?

15 years management experience in a polyurethane manufacturing concern.

What type of job do you want? what is your qualification?

What we have to show /prove to get the FLR (how much earning and for how much period)?

constructive 12 months earnings in last 15 months just before FLR.

What we have to show /prove to get the ILR (how much earning and for how much period?)

You do not have to earn specific amount to get ILT. You need to prove that you was economically active in last 5 years. Do not worry about ILR. From July-11 there will be no ILR. Govt has introduce new rule for British Citizenship.

Regards

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:58 am

Thanks sky_high for the reply again.
I am 36.
You still need to get 75 points. There will be no changes in points for age and qualifications. You will get 5 points for UK work experience. Earning points are as below:
£40000 + 45 points
Under £20,000 0 point
I am unable to get this point .

If I a get a job around 25000~ 30,000 Pounds I will get 20 points, age and qualifications point will be zero then how I will qualify for the FLR. For UK experience suppose I add 5 points so total will be 25 points.

You said not worry about ILR as new rules will be implemented after July, 11 but still to worry about FLR as acording to what u mentioned I will not be able to get 75 points for the FLR.

I have done MBA in Finanace from IBA PU Paksitan.
First priority is a bank/office job next is any job that gives me money.

Best Regards

sana5259210
Newly Registered

Post by sana5259210 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:33 am

Waheed !

congrats for HSMP visa.

You have done Masters from IBA - PU.

I think you can claim 30 points for UK bachelor degree.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 am

I said in my early post that no changes for Age and qualifications points - This means that you can claim same point for age and qualification at the stage of FLR which you have claimed at first time.

It seems that some one deal your case on your behalf. I strongly recommend you to visit uk ba website and read guidance notes for Tier 1 visa extension.

Please note that there will be three different categories for extension.
1- Applied first time before March-09
2-Applied first time between April-09 - Mach-10
3- Applied first time after April-10

Try reed.co.uk and hays.com for finance related jobs. All banks have their own website and regularly up date the job section. Best of Luck

Another advice - Try to move in that part of UK where you have many friends and family.

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:24 am

Extremely thankful for the valuable information shy_ high.

Almost all doubts/ambiguities are cleared.

I have a very long story, can be seen here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I got my first HSMP approval letter when the score was 65 points. I will post my points which I received when I will get back home tonight.

Once again thanks for the time and valuable suggestions.

Regards

sana5259210
Newly Registered

Post by sana5259210 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:29 am

I applied first time before march 08.

HSMP Approval: 21 January 2008
Applied for Entry Clearance: 20 June 2008
Rejection of Entry Clearance: 21 July 2008
Applied for Appeal: 13 August 2008
Appeal Allowed: 30 June 2009
Visa Stamped: 26 October 2009
Visa type on passport: Highly Skilled Migration Program
Visa Valid from 26-10-2009 to 26-10-2012 (Three Year Visa)

Visa Stamping Date is 26 October 2009 to 26 October 2012 (3 years).

Now for FLR in which category i'll apply.

1- Applied first time before March-09 OR
2-Applied first time between April-09 - Mach-10

Because my visa stamping date is 26 Oct 09. and HSMP approval is 21 Jan 2008.

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi Sky_High/ Senior and Experienced Memebrs

I have claimed 85 points For HSMP

Academic Achievement-------------15 Points
Work Experience -------------------35 Points
Earning Criteria---------------------25 Points
Achievemnt in Choosen Field------ 0 Points
HSMP Priority-------------------------0 Points
Skilled Partner-----------------------10 Points

Total ----------------------------------85 Points

My HSMP application was reviewed and was issued HSMP letter in July, 2007 ant at that time qualifying criteria was 65 points.
Applied for EC, EC Rejected , appealed, appeal won, applied for EC again , received call from BHC that HSMP letter valid for six months and is expired, so obtained reprint of HSMP letter dated February 2010 (the terms of the qualifying criteria are that the individuals must score 65 points or more in the six HSMP scoring areas( which I did and my scaor was 85)
£40000 + 45 points
Under £20,000 0 point
Now how much points will be needed for me to qualify for the FLR ( mean to say that how much I will have to earn so that my FLR is approved.

Regards