ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification re earnings from more than one country

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zabiela

Clarification re earnings from more than one country

Post by zabiela » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi,

I want to clarify if an applicant can claim points for earnings from more than one country. I dont want to go into the uplift ratio argument. Its just whether a person can show his/her earnings from more than one country and are there any guidelines for this? I think in the Tier 1 guidelines there is nothing said about this.
So if a person is in the UK and has a regular job can he claim points for a consultancy job that he/she did while physically present in the other country while on leave from his regular job?
I dont see any reason as to why he cant claim points for this.

Suggestions?

Thanks

vks

Re: Clarification re earnings from more than one country

Post by vks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:18 pm

zabiela wrote:Hi,

I want to clarify if an applicant can claim points for earnings from more than one country. I dont want to go into the uplift ratio argument. Its just whether a person can show his/her earnings from more than one country and are there any guidelines for this? I think in the Tier 1 guidelines there is nothing said about this. Have you read all the points? (Point 131 is relevant to your topic)
So if a person is in the UK and has a regular job can he claim points for a consultancy job that he/she did while physically present in the other country while on leave from his regular job?

Suggestions?

Thanks
Regards,
vks

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Clarification re earnings from more than one country

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:29 pm

zabiela wrote:Hi,

I want to clarify if an applicant can claim points for earnings from more than one country. I dont want to go into the uplift ratio argument. Its just whether a person can show his/her earnings from more than one country and are there any guidelines for this? I think in the Tier 1 guidelines there is nothing said about this.

Suggestions?

Thanks
yes u can

student79
BANNED

Post by student79 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:23 pm

My queries is these – What precise documents do one need to show as evidence of business outside UK

Secondly, say I do business with clients in Ghana and the money was paid in Ghanaian currency into my account in Ghana do I need to pay tax on the exact total the UK uplifted ratio gave me.

I really appreciate if the good guys in the house can educate me on how this process of earning outside UK while living in UK works

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:36 pm

student79 wrote:My queries is these – What precise documents do one need to show as evidence of business outside UK

same what we show for business in UK

Secondly, say I do business with clients in Ghana and the money was paid in Ghanaian currency into my account in Ghana do I need to pay tax on the exact total the UK uplifted ratio gave me.

U HAVE TO PAY Tax on foreign income than this will be yr british income for HO POINT OF VIEW

I really appreciate if the good guys in the house can educate me on how this process of earning outside UK while living in UK works

student79
BANNED

Post by student79 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Sushil many thanks

If I get you right this is my understanding

I worked for a Ghana company without registering the company in Ghana.

Total sum of 10,000 cedis was paid into my account in Ghana in respect of this work. ( Please must the acct be a business account or personal Account ok)?

I did not pay any tax on this in ghana? Does the HO permit this?

My accountant in the UK prepare financial account for me via my self employ status registration and UK tax was paid on the pounds equivalent of the money paid into my Ghana acct ( Please is that the process?)

On applying for Tier 1 General , the earning was used as uplift to boost my earning for tier 1.

Lastly Sushil any idea on the cost of accountant to get this done?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 pm

student79 wrote:Sushil many thanks

If I get you right this is my understanding

I worked for a Ghana company without registering the company in Ghana.

Total sum of 10,000 cedis was paid into my account in Ghana in respect of this work. ( Please must the acct be a business account or personal Account ok)?

I did not pay any tax on this in ghana? Does the HO permit this?

My accountant in the UK prepare financial account for me via my self employ status registration and UK tax was paid on the pounds equivalent of the money paid into my Ghana acct ( Please is that the process?)

On applying for Tier 1 General , the earning was used as uplift to boost my earning for tier 1.

Lastly Sushil any idea on the cost of accountant to get this done?

U need a experience acctnts and a long discusion to sort it out , i can sort it out but it will be too much yr pvt info on net

abhijitrunwal

Post by abhijitrunwal » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:42 am

When filling pbs appendix form 4.6 earnings table after converting earnings to pounds whether we have to apply multiplier to it and write the amount in pounds sterlings or just leave the amount without multiplier as there is no column to write multiplier in section 4.6. i asked this question because we have to claim points after apllying the multiple. but there is no space to wrtie the amount converted after multiple

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:48 am

abhijitrunwal wrote:When filling pbs appendix form 4.6 earnings table after converting earnings to pounds whether we have to apply multiplier to it and write the amount in pounds sterlings or just leave the amount without multiplier as there is no column to write multiplier in section 4.6. i asked this question because we have to claim points after apllying the multiple. but there is no space to wrtie the amount converted after multiple
NO NEED for all this yr acctn should able to sort it out , otherwise he may be qualified but novice for HO requirements and u r strugglig to sort it out yr self