ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone got visa Based on FIXED DEPOSIT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kommsu

Post by kommsu » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:52 am

Hi All,

I have applied on 08 mar 2010 with the below letter format and got my visa on 23Mar2010 .
Please find below format for FD letter from bank (which needs to be printed on Bank official letter head and stamped and signed by manager)

>>>> letter format starts>>>
Fixed Deposit Certificate

Date:XX-Mar-2010

This is to certify that Mr XXXXXXX , S/o. XXXXXXX, Address XXXXX is having a fixed deposit for Rs. XXXXXX (so and so rupees only ) associated with A/c XXXX and details as under:

FDR No. NAME OF THE FDR HOLDER AMOUNT
FD No/XXX Mr. NAME Rs.XXXX

Date:XXX When started FD due on XXX (Mention when is the due date)

#### use below if FD is renewed start
(The same FDR is renewed on XXX date with No. FD XXXX )
Date:XXX When renewed period starts due on XXX (Mention when is the due date )
####use below if FD is renewed end

We confirm that balance amount is this FDR is Rs. XXXXX(so and so rupees only ) since XXX date as on XXXX(present date).This FDR can be encashable immediately on demand by the applicant. This FDR is under auto Renewal Scheme.

This certificate is issued on the specific request if the account holder and at no risk and cost to the issuing officer of the bank

Yours truly

Branch Manager

>>> letter format ends>>>>

Hope this format helps.

Thanks&Regards,
Suresh.K

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 am

Thank you :-). This would be very very useful to many of us.

And Congrats.

Ranjeet Kumar
Newly Registered

Post by Ranjeet Kumar » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi All

I have kept the required funds for tier 1 VISA in term deposits in Pakistan under the scheme launched by Ministry of Finance, Govt of Pakistan with the name "Special Savings Certificates". Is any member from Pakistan has claimed for these certificates or know some thing about their eligibility?

I would also request indian friends to let me know if any person has kept funds not in Bank but in Govt run scheme? Further is it necessary to send original certificates or FDs along with application or attested black and white (or coloured) photo copy will be enough for this requirement?

Ranjeet Kumar
Newly Registered

Post by Ranjeet Kumar » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Thanx dear but You didn't mention you are from Pak or India? I will be glad if you have used Govt type deposits for Tier 1? If this is so, please share me template if any.......

jvijaya.80
Newly Registered

Post by jvijaya.80 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi,
I have received the FD letter from the bank addressing me based on the reequistion letter mentioning the funds can be withdrawn anytime, but they have not addressed to UK Visa officer in the letter. Will this letter would be fine?
Also i need to know with in how many days of receiving the bank funds letter we need to apply, i received the letter on 25-july whether this would be ok to apply on 12-August .

Thanks for your help in advance

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:50 am

jvijaya.80 wrote:Hi,
I have received the FD letter from the bank addressing me based on the reequistion letter mentioning the funds can be withdrawn anytime, but they have not addressed to UK Visa officer in the letter. Will this letter would be fine?
Also i need to know with in how many days of receiving the bank funds letter we need to apply, i received the letter on 25-july whether this would be ok to apply on 12-August .

Thanks for your help in advance
It is ok if the letter is not addressed specifically to the visa officer etc.. ..a "whomsoever it may concern' or even it is you..in my opinion it would do just fine..
Also the letter should not be dated more than 30 days prior to the date of your application...in your case it is 17-18 odd days which should be ok..just make sure that the 3 month period mentioned in the letter should also lie between the 30 days prior to date of aplication...good luck!!