ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INIS no longer answering calls ...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asrpb

INIS no longer answering calls ...

Post by asrpb » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:15 am

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP10000007
Temporary arrangements for telephone helpline services

We are unable to provide Immigration, Citizenship or Visa helpline services at the present time. However, if you have an urgent query, please submit it in writing to the contact address indicated on the relevant section of this website.

Should you wish to contact this Office by email, please ensure that you include your full postal address as, for the present, email enquiries are being responded to by post. This disruption is very much regretted.

jhbmike

Re: INIS no longer answering calls ...

Post by jhbmike » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 am

asrpb wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP10000007

We are unable to provide Immigration, Citizenship or Visa helpline services at the present time. However, if you have an urgent query, please submit it in writing to the contact address indicated on the relevant section of this website.

Should you wish to contact this Office by email, please ensure that you include your full postal address as, for the present, email enquiries are being responded to by post. This disruption is very much regretted.
Disgraceful

9jeirean

Re: INIS no longer answering calls ...

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:20 pm

jhbmike wrote:
asrpb wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP10000007

Disgraceful
A rubbish system just gets worse :roll: The eejits do not even have the courtesy to tell the public why they are shutting down the helpline.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 pm

This all Inis naturalisation process are all rubish....I don't understand why they don't embarase about all of this.
From start to the end....all disgrace....
My Friend just got USA citizenship and it only take 6 months. Why oh why it takes 3 years in here.

Before someone ask "why don't you go to USA instead?". The answer is that is not the point.
The point is the naturalisation proccess are desgined to make legal immigrant un welcome. Why don't just say it in the begining.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am

Darkhorse wrote:This all Inis naturalisation process are all rubish....I don't understand why they don't embarase about all of this.
From start to the end....all disgrace....
My Friend just got USA citizenship and it only take 6 months. Why oh why it takes 3 years in here.

Before someone ask "why don't you go to USA instead?". The answer is that is not the point.
The point is the naturalisation proccess are desgined to make legal immigrant un welcome. Why don't just say it in the begining.
Well, US the A might be pretty quick in granting citizenship, but dont forget. their system setup abit differently here. peopl waited for years to get permanent residency in states before they can get citizenship. here people waited for years on their permission to remain before they get citizenship. but in states, you cant get citizenship unless became a permanent resident and waited for certain years, so it is quiet different. i am not saying INIS is doing the right thing by making the legal migrant waited for years before granting them citizenship but certainly they can improve on it but i guess they never really did, so that drives people angry about them.

US the A might be good for immigrant in some way, but there are many bad things about it as well. look at all those mexicans working illegally for the US famrers with crappy pay and they cant even get a legal status. but everyone knows that they need the mexicans to work for them because the americans wouldnt do those low pay job.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm

That god I am not a Non Irish Non EU national. This is an absolute disgrace. How many of these lower grade workers are qualified to even lick stamps? Most of these guys are not even decision makers and are not properly qualified. If that was a private firm they would have great difficulty in seeking to retain the money that they are on. (I do acknowledge that many lower grade workers are on circa as little as €24K, but that is often more than private offices)

How many of them actually believe that their stance is justified in this climate, they can't all be right on followers

The Minister should get rid of all the teabags, food etc out of those offices and make them work. Let them eat at their fixed lunch time hours. Be more strict on their fag breaks, for anyone who has experienced the civil servants, they have a cushy number (job for life)

I am mean these people and other departments have milked the system as much as anyone with their paid 1-2 year leave where they can "travel". Its a joke

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:37 am

I think the focus would be from the time you submit the application to the time decision is made. This refect the efficiency of their work.
Don't foget, now the applican is paying 900 euro for each approve application. Service level more or less the same or even worse in some cases compare to when applican were paying 150 euro (if I am correct).

I don't think they have any excuses really.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 am

Two institutions need complete reshuffle and revamp in Ireland if not politically then by force

Health System
&
INIS

a bunch of lazy people who still live in 1800 century...come on join us in 21st century