ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying on present rules - some questions .....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inukdreamtier1
Newly Registered

Applying on present rules - some questions .....

Post by inukdreamtier1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:52 pm

let me admit these questions may appear very trivial ..nevertheless these questions put some doubts in my mind ..Appreciate any body can clarify this

1) Could you please confirm whether the below is the form which should be used

APPLICATION FOR AN INITIAL GRANT OF
LEAVE (SWITCHING) OR AN EXTENSION OF
LEAVE UNDER TIER 1 (GENERAL)
MAIN APPLICANT (Valid on or after 1 Oct 2009).. If so , I have noticed this is a 73 page document , where so many of the pages are not relevant to us .. As this is case , are we suppose to put the whole booklet in the application or only those relevant- also what to do with the pages which is not relevant to me - can I put it blank or need to strike it out ?

2) Is the below the application form for dependent

"Application for an extension of stay as a dependant of a person who has leave to remain under the points based system"

2) I am applying for my dependent also ..I am keeping the maintenence fund for both in my account .. Can I get a single letter from bank (of total 2400 pounds and show as proof for both the MFs - along with the three months pay slips )

vks

Re: Applying on present rules - some questions .....

Post by vks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:08 am

inukdreamtier1 wrote:let me admit these questions may appear very trivial ..nevertheless these questions put some doubts in my mind ..Appreciate any body can clarify this

APPLICATION FOR INITIAL GRANT OF
MAIN APPLICANT (Valid on or after 1 Oct 2009).. If so , I have noticed this is a 73 page document , where so many of the pages are not relevant to us .. As this is case , are we suppose to put the whole booklet in the application or only those relevant- also what to do with the pages which is not relevant to me - can I put it blank or need to strike it out ?

Tier1 general application form

"Application for an extension of stay as a dependant of a person who has leave to remain under the points based system"

Dependent application form

2) I am applying for my dependent also ..I am keeping the maintenence fund for both in my account .. Can I get a single letter from bank (of total 2400 pounds and show as proof for both the MFs - along with the three months pay slips )
Yes. you can use the same account for you and your dependant
Regards,
vks

s19779

Post by s19779 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:17 am

hi everyone,
I am applying in 2 days and was stunned to the new Tier 1 form as I was having the copy of the old one filled out.

I too have the same doubt as inukdreamtier1.

Do we need to attach the entire 73 pages or can omit the pages containing irrelevant information like "extension information" which is not applicale for first time applicants?

Thanks

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:22 am

s19779 wrote:hi everyone,
I am applying in 2 days and was stunned to the new Tier 1 form as I was having the copy of the old one filled out.

Do we need to attach the entire 73 pages or can omit the pages containing irrelevant information like "extension information" which is not applicale for first time applicants?

Thanks
It's really up to you. Some people submit all 73 pages and some don't and they all get accepted. Personally I would include all 73 pages just to be sure that they don't return it saying incomplete form
Goodluck.

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:56 am

s19779 wrote:hi everyone,

Thanks
What makes one not to submit all the pages?
Does that harm you? No
IMHO, I would submit the entire form, how many pages it may be!
Regards,
vks

inukdreamtier1
Newly Registered

Post by inukdreamtier1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks for the replies.. I too agree there is no harm in sending the whole application form rather than taking a chance of considering it as an incomplete form

What should we do with the irrelavant pages ? Just leave blank or strike it out ?

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:47 pm

inukdreamtier1 wrote:Thanks for the replies.. I too agree there is no harm in sending the whole application form rather than taking a chance of considering it as an incomplete form

What should we do with the irrelavant pages ? Just leave blank or strike it out ?

The appllication form has a flow and it would take appropriate course for the answers that you choose. Leave the rest blank or mark it as NA (Not Applicable)
Regards,
vks

kju

Post by kju » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:03 pm

inukdreamtier1 wrote:let me admit these questions may appear very trivial ..nevertheless these questions put some doubts in my mind ..Appreciate any body can clarify this

APPLICATION FOR AN INITIAL GRANT OF

why do you need to attach 73 pages???? first time i hear abou this... can somebody explain please?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:49 pm

kju wrote: why do you need to attach 73 pages???? first time i hear abou this... can somebody explain please?
he doesn't need
Goodluck.

inukdreamtier1
Newly Registered

Post by inukdreamtier1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:29 pm

[iD] wrote:
kju wrote: why do you need to attach 73 pages???? first time i hear abou this... can somebody explain please?
he doesn't need
Sorry, I am confused with the last question and the answer .. What I am asking is do we need to put all the 73 pages of the Tier 1 General application , though many are irrelevant to us, when I am applying .. And I have got answers which says there is no harm in doing this , which I agree .. So not sure abt this question and answer

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:08 pm

inukdreamtier1 wrote:
[iD] wrote:
he doesn't need
Sorry, I am confused with the last question and the answer .. What I am asking is do we need to put all the 73 pages of the Tier 1 General application , though many are irrelevant to us, when I am applying .. And I have got answers which says there is no harm in doing this , which I agree .. So not sure abt this question and answer
Now you know what is the best practice, the decision is yours!
Regards,
vks

demur123

Post by demur123 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 am

You have to include from page 1 to page 73. The Reason is it is a part of the application form. There didnt mentioned it in the guidance that you can omit all those pages that you dont need to fill.
My Advice is dont waste time thinking about this than rather putting all those 73 pages together and paying more attention on filling up the application form correctly.
One more thing i want to add is , for example If you are on question 10 and it says if its not applicable for you than go to question 30 (remember this is my example and it was nothing to do with the application form). So are you going to use scissors to remove questions from 11-29 lol.. you wouldnt right.. so just fill what it is applicable for you and keep your eyes wide open while filling up the forms. not a bad idea to grab a coffee before you start fillin them lol

inukdreamtier1
Newly Registered

Post by inukdreamtier1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks all for your replies .. Yes I agree that I should concentrate more on filling application form , but this is not to let any stones unturned :D

kju

Post by kju » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 am

demur123 wrote:You have to include from page 1 to page 73. The Reason is it is a part of the application form. There didnt mentioned it in the guidance that you can omit all those pages that you dont need to fill.
My Advice is dont waste time thinking about this than rather putting all those 73 pages together and paying more attention on filling up the application form correctly.
One more thing i want to add is , for example If you are on question 10 and it says if its not applicable for you than go to question 30 (remember this is my example and it was nothing to do with the application form). So are you going to use scissors to remove questions from 11-29 lol.. you wouldnt right.. so just fill what it is applicable for you and keep your eyes wide open while filling up the forms. not a bad idea to grab a coffee before you start fillin them lol

my application has only 5-10 pages.. for tier1 general?
what 73 pages are you taking about?? :?

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 am

Hi,

Hope you are using a wrong application. Below is the link for correct application for TIER1 General

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... alform.pdf

Thanks,
Dev

inukdreamtier1
Newly Registered

Post by inukdreamtier1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 am

Is VISA card is not valid when we use a DEBIT Card for payment?.. I plan to use my Lloyds TSB debit card for payment and this is a VISA card .. Going through the requirements they have mentioned as below ...Could any body confirm this - do we have forum members who succesfully did payment using their VISA debit card ?

• *Credit card - Mastercard or Visa (including
Electron)
• *Debit card - Delta, Maestro** (including
Solo)

kju

Post by kju » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 am

devendranadh.b wrote:Hi,

Hope you are using a wrong application. Below is the link for correct application for TIER1 General

Thanks,
Dev
???
I guess its different when applying from outside UK... I'll have to check..

Anyone??? I'm very confused now...

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 am

Hi,

Yes I made the payment using VISA Debit card. It should not be a problem.

You need to tick the below check box in the application
Visa / Mastercard - go to question A10 on page 7

Thanks,
Dev

kju

Post by kju » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 am

kju wrote:

Thanks,
Dev
???

I have to use this forms: VAF9 an Appendix 1
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13731331
So i guess its different... can anyone confirm this please?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:42 am

kju wrote:
kju wrote:

Thanks,
Dev
???

If you are applying out of UK, then you have to use VAF9 and appendix 1 and the 73 page application is for in-country applicants.

kju

Post by kju » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:08 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
kju wrote:
kju wrote:

Thanks,
Dev
???

If you are applying out of UK, then you have to use VAF9 and appendix 1 and the 73 page application is for in-country applicants.
thanks!!

inukdreamtier1
Newly Registered

Post by inukdreamtier1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Apologies all for not mentioning that it is an in country application and as Aruni confirmed outside UK applications are different - believe you are clear with this point now

Another question , do we need to send two seperate proofs for maintanence funds ? Like bank statement and letter from bank confirming about the fund ? I am wondering whether I can provide only the bank statements for 3 consecutive months or do I need to get a letter frm the bank ?

Also is it ok that I request a statement from 24 Dec to 25 Mar (statement dated : 25th March) for an application of 31st March ?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:31 pm

inukdreamtier1 wrote:Apologies all for not mentioning that it is an in country application and as Aruni confirmed outside UK applications are different - believe you are clear with this point now

Another question , do we need to send two seperate proofs for maintanence funds ? Like bank statement and letter from bank confirming about the fund ? I am wondering whether I can provide only the bank statements for 3 consecutive months or do I need to get a letter frm the bank ?

Also is it ok that I request a statement from 24 Dec to 25 Mar (statement dated : 25th March) for an application of 31st March ?
Bank statement is enough.

inukdreamtier1
Newly Registered

Post by inukdreamtier1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:12 pm

I have got a question about the submission of biometric details when applying Tier 1.. I am not sure whether this is needed , as I dnt see it mentioned any where .. I am applying to Tier 1 (Initial) application inside country along with my wife .. I am on Tier2 , and my wife as my dependent - and both of us have given the biometric details thru VFS Bangalore when we applied for Tier 2... Is this enough ?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:25 pm

inukdreamtier1 wrote:I have got a question about the submission of biometric details when applying Tier 1.. I am not sure whether this is needed , as I dnt see it mentioned any where .. I am applying to Tier 1 (Initial) application inside country along with my wife .. I am on Tier2 , and my wife as my dependent - and both of us have given the biometric details thru VFS Bangalore when we applied for Tier 2... Is this enough ?
yeah that'd be enough, just mention that you've already had your biometrics done in the form where it asks for it
Goodluck.