ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings under new Tier 1 rule change

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarath1212

Earnings under new Tier 1 rule change

Post by sarath1212 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi ,

I'm holding the Bachelors degree and working on Tier -2.With the new rule change i'm eligible but short of £10000.00 in last 12 months earnings.

If my employer pay this amount (£10000.00) as BONUS in this month salary in one go will HO approve the application?

Other way will BONUS pay considered as earnings?

Thanks in advance for your advice/guidance.

Cheers!

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: Earnings under new Tier 1 rule change

Post by pkumar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Remember bonus is given to an employee based on companies profit, appraisal of a person, % of amount allocated for bonus for employee (generally it ranges from 2-5% .. unless you work for bank), board decision , etc .... my friends case they called and got company tax information, turn over,etc ..... remember employer needs to pay tax on that bonus as well.

Point is MANY people are trying to make ends meet .... and UKBA are doing some investigation ..... problem here is that company can get into trouble as well ...

So talk to your employer and if he is fine ... then you are good to go ... make sure it appears in your payslip, bank statement as other seniors have pointed out.

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Read Verification and other checks in tier1 guiance
Regards,
vks

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Earnings under new Tier 1 rule change

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:31 pm

sarath1212 wrote:Hi ,

I'm holding the Bachelors degree and working on Tier -2.With the new rule change i'm eligible but short of £10000.00 in last 12 months earnings.

If my employer pay this amount (£10000.00) as BONUS in this month salary in one go will HO approve the application?

Other way will BONUS pay considered as earnings?

Thanks in advance for your advice/guidance.

Cheers!
so long bonus is part of PAYE , U WILL BE OK

my meaning you and yr employer both pay taxes on it , u will be ok