ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:28 pm

Applied (HSMP to Tier1)= 22 Feb (same day)
Case Held=??
Waiting----???
Decision Pending=?? :oops:

What the hell this same day for man. Why i paid extra if i had to wait for it. :x

everyday_4_u

Re: UK tier1 General processing time?

Post by everyday_4_u » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 am

@bt: you suppose to contact with Home office to get update about your application and its time gone over 14 weeks or going to be...Was your application straight forward? Did Home Office asked you any thing through post relation to your application?
bt wrote:hi mate

i have also applied in 23 dec 2009 got confirmation on 29 dec. i am also still waiting.......

hope for the best

bt

everyday_4_u wrote:Hi everyone... I am still waiting for my documents back from Home Office as everyone who applied around my date and after seem to have passports back with Visas....This wait is killing me now...its so frustrating...
My time lines are under:

Application send: 28/01/2010 (Sepecial Delivery Royal Mail)
Application delivered: 29/01/2010 (Royal Mail confirmed)
Fee deduction: 11/02/2010
Acknowldgment recieved: 15/02/2010

There is no more communication between me and home office. I do not know whats going on??? How long they are going to take??? Is anyone held in this situation ever??? Kindly suggest me what should i do? Do i need to give call to home office to inquire? Thanks...

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 am

@Kin: Thanks for your reply to me. So you are in waiting que as well like me. When did you apply? And please keep updating....Its going to be almost 2 months since i applied for Tier1 (general)...Don't know how long they are going to take....
kin wrote:
everyday_4_u

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 am Post subject: UK tier1 General processing time?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone... I am still waiting for my documents back from Home Office as everyone who applied around my date and after seem to have passports back with Visas....This wait is killing me now...its so frustrating...
My time lines are under:

There is no more communication between me and home office. I do not know whats going on??? How long they are going to take??? Is anyone held in this situation ever??? Kindly suggest me what should i do? Do i need to give call to home office to inquire? Thanks...

Hi there,

I know how you feel, I have tried to contact HO several times now but all i can hear is the automated voice mail saying if it's less than 14weeks, no update can be given..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: re hsmp to tier1 extension

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 am

bt wrote:hello

my employer has already confirmed them last month that i am working with them
i have contacted HO they are saying wait till 14 weeks :o
Even though its 13th week finished.. you shd try to give call to HO and see if they give u any updates...

Spang
Newly Registered

Post by Spang » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Guys,

we finally got ours back today - post man delivered it straight to the door and I had to sign for it. The date on the letter was 18th of March so it took a little while for it to arrive here (3-4 days).

I thought the delayed turnover time for our application might have had something to do with the fact that they took the main applicant fee and dependent fees at different times. Checked my statement and the dependent fee was only taken out last week because they didn't take it out at the same time as the main one.

Anyway its hard to tell but it seems as though a lot of people are experiencing delays and in this regards I assume there is just simply a delay at the home office?

Anyway, I hope everyone that is still waiting receives there applications back soon.

Good luck and hang in there team!

Spang

Oasis4u

Post by Oasis4u » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:24 pm

Congrats Spang...
Enjoy..

Cheers
Spang wrote:Guys,

we finally got ours back today - post man delivered it straight to the door and I had to sign for it. The date on the letter was 18th of March so it took a little while for it to arrive here (3-4 days).

I thought the delayed turnover time for our application might have had something to do with the fact that they took the main applicant fee and dependent fees at different times. Checked my statement and the dependent fee was only taken out last week because they didn't take it out at the same time as the main one.

Anyway its hard to tell but it seems as though a lot of people are experiencing delays and in this regards I assume there is just simply a delay at the home office?

Anyway, I hope everyone that is still waiting receives there applications back soon.

Good luck and hang in there team!

Spang

kin
Newly Registered

Post by kin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:25 pm

@Everyday_4_u - I sent mine in the 2nd of Feb...so, its been a while now..

@Spang - Great news for you! I am still in waiting status unfortunantely.

subbu_champion
Newly Registered

Reagarding Past earnigs for Tier1

Post by subbu_champion » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi

For Tier 1 visa I have a doubt related to past earnings, whether this is related to total money that we earned from the starting of our professional career. or earnings per year? please make me clear in this..

Thanks in advance
venkat

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Reagarding Past earnigs for Tier1

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:42 pm

subbu_champion wrote:Hi

For Tier 1 visa I have a doubt related to past earnings, whether this is related to total money that we earned from the starting of our professional career. or earnings per year? please make me clear in this..

Thanks in advance
venkat
It is earnings in any consecutive 12 months from the past 15 months and not the entire professional career.

Spang
Newly Registered

Post by Spang » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:51 pm

kin wrote:@Everyday_4_u - I sent mine in the 2nd of Feb...so, its been a while now..

@Spang - Great news for you! I am still in waiting status unfortunantely.
Hi Kin - I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Try to take your mind off it and stay busy.

Spang

bt

Re: UK tier1 General processing time?

Post by bt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:05 pm

i called to HO they said wait till 14 weeks ...i think end of this month they can confirm me..... my case is straight fwd.. Home office did not ask me anything to send them......

cheers
bt

[quote="everyday_4_u"]@bt: you suppose to contact with Home office to get update about your application and its time gone over 14 weeks or going to be...Was your application straight forward? Did Home Office asked you any thing through post relation to your application?

[quote="bt"]hi mate

i have also applied in 23 dec 2009 got confirmation on 29 dec. i am also still waiting.......

hope for the best

bt

[quote="everyday_4_u"]Hi everyone... I am still waiting for my documents back from Home Office as everyone who applied around my date and after seem to have passports back with Visas....This wait is killing me now...its so frustrating...
My time lines are under:

There is no more communication between me and home office. I do not know whats going on??? How long they are going to take??? Is anyone held in this situation ever??? Kindly suggest me what should i do? Do i need to give call to home office to inquire? Thanks...[/quote][/quote][/quote]

madhuaish
Newly Registered

Post by madhuaish » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:56 pm

hi i had applied for my visa on 16th of march at chennai and still in submitted to uk consulate state, it is now 6 working days and not sure what is going on... i'm bit afraid on viewing the link about new tier 1 option and point from 6th April.. will this affect my application which i had already submitted or am i out of danger.... also u know about the wait time at resent in chennai???

date submitted:- 16th march at chennai
status submitted to uk consulate...

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering that in my Tier 1 (G) visa there is nowhere mentioned about no of entries... I applied from Sheffield HO.

Just wondering, if HO have changed this requirement of no of entries. Do anyone who received Tier 1 (G) within a week have mentioned anything about no of entries into Visa... I got to know few have section Number of entries: MULT into their Tier 1 (G) visa..

Is there any condition that a person should not be more than 3 months at a single stretch out of UK?

Cheers

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:33 am

madhuaish wrote:hi i had applied for my visa on 16th of march at chennai and still in submitted to uk consulate state, it is now 6 working days and not sure what is going on... i'm bit afraid on viewing the link about new tier 1 option and point from 6th April.. will this affect my application which i had already submitted or am i out of danger.... also u know about the wait time at resent in chennai???

date submitted:- 16th march at chennai
status submitted to uk consulate...
Wait for 10-12working days before you expect or panic.. and since you already submitted ur application u will be considered under old current rules only..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:44 am

UKVisit wrote:Hi,

I am just wondering that in my Tier 1 (G) visa there is nowhere mentioned about no of entries... I applied from Sheffield HO.

Just wondering, if HO have changed this requirement of no of entries. Do anyone who received Tier 1 (G) within a week have mentioned anything about no of entries into Visa... I got to know few have section Number of entries: MULT into their Tier 1 (G) visa..

Is there any condition that a person should not be more than 3 months at a single stretch out of UK?

Cheers
Did you apply from outside UK? in that case earlier we used to have MULT but recently ppl in UK who got visa's this section is not found at all - no of entries

jagsy_m
Newly Registered

Got It

Post by jagsy_m » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi Guys,
I finally got it just minutes ago. Don't have details yet as it is at home.
I hope everyone who have their applications being considered get it soon.

My timelines:
Type: HSMP to Tier 1 general extension
Application sent : 18 Feb
Application received : 19 Feb
Fee deducted : 19 Feb
Acknowledgment letter dated : Did not receive any
Approved on : Will check when I get home and update
Received documents back: 25th March
I had not attached an SD envelope.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:06 pm

I am highly thankful to this Forum and all the members for sharing the information. I had been reading all the posts on this forum and have made my cover letter taking the info from these threads.

I have applied for my wife dependent PBS tier-1 General visa and below are the details :-

VFS center : VFS Bangalore
On : 8th March 10
Status SMS 8th March evening : FWD to BHC
Status on 24th March 10 - Processed application delivered to Blue dart on
Received Passport and all docs with Stamping
time taken : 12 Working days
Verification : No verifications Don

maria_elahi
Newly Registered

Post by maria_elahi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:08 pm

hi guys,
i have this very urgent query, hope if anyone could help me with this

My husband(dependent app) is on a temp job and he has to prove that he has submitted his application to home office for his extension of visa, i (main app) submitted app on 2nd feb and haven't received any acknowledgement letter till now, i rang HO and got the reference number on fone which is PB1234567890/001 and i suppose my dependent reference number shld be pb1234567890/002 is this correct?

i got a perm job so i am safe but my husband is working as a temp so he needs to give a letter at his work place in his name that he has applied for his visa.

* has anyone got a copy of sample letter that i can send to home office to ask for acknowledement letter for my dependent? please if u have one do send me......

*also should i send an email to HO or fax them which one is the quickest and safe one to do?

* can anyone provide me any guidance that in my letter should i write that my husband is working as a temp and he is in danger of loosing his job can u pls send me an acknowledgement letter in his name

* do u think HO provides acknowledgement letters for dependents app's

please do reply asap

many thanks

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:37 pm

maria_elahi wrote:hi guys,

My husband(dependent app) is on a temp job and he has to prove that he has submitted his application to home office for his extension of visa, i (main app) submitted app on 2nd feb and haven't received any acknowledgement letter till now, i rang HO and got the reference number on fone which is PB1234567890/001 and i suppose my dependent reference number shld be pb1234567890/002 is this correct?

i got a perm job so i am safe but my husband is working as a temp so he needs to give a letter at his work place in his name that he has applied for his visa.

I applied with a dependant and only received one acknowledgement letter with one reference number. So if both you and your husband applied in the same application then I believe that both of your reference number is same (others can confirm). Or your best bet is to call home office and ask them for the reference number for your husband too (better if he calls)

* has anyone got a copy of sample letter that i can send to home office to ask for acknowledement letter for my dependent? please if u have one do send me......

-

*also should i send an email to HO or fax them which one is the quickest and safe one to do?

Again ask one of them UKBA advisors

* can anyone provide me any guidance that in my letter should i write that my husband is working as a temp and he is in danger of loosing his job can u pls send me an acknowledgement letter in his name

If your husband was allowed to work in this country and was working as accordance to law then there is no problem with declaring that

In my experience if it's the mutual application then no

please do reply asap

many thanks
Goodluck.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:03 pm

please do reply asap

many thanks
Please go through the EMPLOYER CHECKING SERVICE

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... pport/ecs/
The employer checking service is a developing service that offers employers the opportunity to check the status of individuals to work in the United Kingdom in the following specific circumstances:

where the individual has an outstanding application or appeal with the Agency;
where the individual has presented an application registration card (ARC) which requires validation; or
where the individual has presented a certificate of application which requires validation.

maria_elahi
Newly Registered

Post by maria_elahi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:41 pm

thanks alot for ur quick response ramesh really much appreciated, the only problem is that my husband's employer is not willing to contact HO, he said us to ring them and get the response in 1 or 2 days.......my husband is really scared of loosing his job cos of credit crunch so he wants a quick and faster way of anything to prove to his employer that his app is under consideration and that he is allowed to work till the time he gets any response from HO............pls do reply thanxs
tvn_ramesh wrote:

please do reply asap

many thanks

The employer checking service is a developing service that offers employers the opportunity to check the status of individuals to work in the United Kingdom in the following specific circumstances:

where the individual has presented an application registration card (ARC) which requires validation; or
where the individual has presented a certificate of application which requires validation.

jagsy_m
Newly Registered

Post by jagsy_m » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Maria,
Write a letter to the home office at the below address and ask them to send you a copy of the acknoledgement letter (according to them they have already sent it), mentioning that your husband may loose his job if he does not show proof of his immigration status.
Do not mention that his employer is unwilling to contact HO.
Also in your application mention that you are not seeking to get the status of your application that is under consideration or YOU DO NOT WANT TO WITHDRAW YOUR APPLICATION.
Please quote any reference numbers you know as well

I got my passport this afternoon, but I called HO this morning as I had not received the ack letter and I am going thru a job change and my new employer wanted it. The lady on the phone adviced me to write a letter. Luckily I didn not have to.

Customer Contact Centre, UK Border Agency, PO Box 3468, Sheffield S3 8WA

Best Wishes

maria_elahi wrote:thanks alot for ur quick response ramesh really much appreciated, the only problem is that my husband's employer is not willing to contact HO, he said us to ring them and get the response in 1 or 2 days.......my husband is really scared of loosing his job cos of credit crunch so he wants a quick and faster way of anything to prove to his employer that his app is under consideration and that he is allowed to work till the time he gets any response from HO............pls do reply thanxs
tvn_ramesh wrote:

please do reply asap

many thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:17 am

maria_elahi wrote:thanks alot for ur quick response ramesh really much appreciated, the only problem is that my husband's employer is not willing to contact HO, he said us to ring them and get the response in 1 or 2 days.......my husband is really scared of loosing his job cos of credit crunch so he wants a quick and faster way of anything to prove to his employer that his app is under consideration and that he is allowed to work till the time he gets any response from HO............pls do reply thanxs
Since your Hubby's employer require a physical doc proof as Jagsy_m suggested write a letter and mention the Reference No you got it over phone in the letter and keep a copy of it and buy some time from your Hubby's employer by showing the letter copy and tell we are waiting for HO to get back and will submit the proof as soon as they reply.. write the letter in sucha way that HO and Employer are convinced with it..

SrivastavaSaurabh
Newly Registered

Post by SrivastavaSaurabh » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:37 am

Hi,

First, would like to thank this forum collectively as it helped me a lot during my application process.

Here are my timelines:

App Sent - 01/03/2010 (Royal Mail Special Delivery)
App Recieved - 02/03/2010
Fee Deducted - 05/03/2010
Acknowledgment Recieved - 11/03/2010
Passport Stamped and returned - 26/03/2010 (Visa start date: 23/03/2010)

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:57 pm

SrivastavaSaurabh wrote:Hi,

First, would like to thank this forum collectively as it helped me a lot during my application process.

Here are my timelines:

App Sent - 01/03/2010 (Royal Mail Special Delivery)
App Recieved - 02/03/2010
Fee Deducted - 05/03/2010
Acknowledgment Recieved - 11/03/2010
Passport Stamped and returned - 26/03/2010 (Visa start date: 23/03/2010)
congrats man. enjoy. lucky you ;)

i applied on 22 feb(same day) from hsmp to tier1. (self employed). Still waiting :roll:
lets hope next week should get the result according to current forum waiting time. Finger cross. :shock: