ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spartac

Re: timeline.....help please

Post by Spartac » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:51 am

zoned in wrote:does anyone know how long it takes from sending in passport application forms to interview for passport? i called HO and they have sent m decision letter since friday last week, i have also called the council and the next citizenship ceremony is on the 7th of april (hopefully my letter will come by then). so i would like to have an idea how much longer i would have to wait before my interview date if i were to send off passport application on the same day i do ceremony....
The average time I calculated based on a sample of 26 recent applications was 15.5 days from application to receipt of passport. How soon you get your interview depends on how flexible you are to travel to a number of IPS interview offices. It took me 16 days to get my passport, and my application got to the IPS a week later than it should have due to delays within the Post Office Check and Send service. I travelled to the IPS office that gave me the earlier possible date in order to speed the process up.

Hope that helps.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 am

Following is my timelime;

NCS or Postal : NCS Northampton

Date of submission or posting : 18/03/2010

Date recieved by HO: 19/03/2010

CRITERIA: 4 Years HSMP + 1yr ILR

Date of debit of Card : Pending

Date receipt of acknowledgement : Pending

Date of receipt of approval : Pending

Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending

Date of passport application : Pending

Method used : TBA

Date for passport Interview: Pending

Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:42 am

freddfrog wrote:Tim555, it does seem like you get 2 in 1 if through NCS as there are no important supporting docs to send back - otherwise it's separate.

I did ring my council register office last week and they didn't have my certificate yet. That was before I knew that I got approval. No letter came yesterday so I will wait to see if the letter is here tonight before ringing again tomorrow if not.

It seems my council only does group ceremony once a month as next one after 8th April is 6th May. Private ceremony is £80. I think the certificate should arrive before the 8th so I should get in with that.
Yes, I guess so. I'm expecting 2 in 1 letter and luckily my council runs 4 group ceremonies per month ( Once per week ).

Regarding your thing, I'm sure your council will receive your certificate during this week. You should expect 8th April as ceremony day.

After decision, how many days UKBA takes to printout and deliver the letter? Is it 1 - 2 days for print-out and 3 - 5 days 2nd class postal delivery?
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 am

ziqbal_2000 wrote:Following is my timelime;

Welcome on board Ziqbal-2000, I guess your payment is deducted by now. Just double check your bank. During this week you will receive your receipt of acknowledgement.

Good Luck.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Re: timeline.....help please

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:53 am

Spartac wrote:
zoned in wrote:does anyone know how long it takes from sending in passport application forms to interview for passport? i called HO and they have sent m decision letter since friday last week, i have also called the council and the next citizenship ceremony is on the 7th of april (hopefully my letter will come by then). so i would like to have an idea how much longer i would have to wait before my interview date if i were to send off passport application on the same day i do ceremony....
The average time I calculated based on a sample of 26 recent applications was 15.5 days from application to receipt of passport. How soon you get your interview depends on how flexible you are to travel to a number of IPS interview offices. It took me 16 days to get my passport, and my application got to the IPS a week later than it should have due to delays within the Post Office Check and Send service. I travelled to the IPS office that gave me the earlier possible date in order to speed the process up.

Hope that helps.
Good Work Spartac, Its very helpful especially for all of us who will be in the process of passport application in next couple of weeks.
I have one question regarding Passport Application, Does Post Office just check and send the application? or they can act as referee as well?

Regards,

Pal80
Newly Registered

Post by Pal80 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:12 am

happy for you Tim, i sent mine on 03/03, probably i should be hearing soon from them

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 am

Tim555 wrote:

Welcome on board Ziqbal-2000, I guess your payment is deducted by now. Just double check your bank. During this week you will receive your receipt of acknowledgement.

Good Luck.
Many thanks Tim, I have just checked from my credit card and they said there is no pending transaction on my account. Just checking should I ring them during this week to check the status of payment or just wait ......

Thanks

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:50 am

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Good Luck.
Many thanks Tim, I have just checked from my credit card and they said there is no pending transaction on my account. Just checking should I ring them during this week to check the status of payment or just wait ......

Thanks
I think you should wait untill they get payment. Hopefully they will deduct during this week ( if not deducted yet ).

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:51 am

Pal80 wrote:happy for you Tim, i sent mine on 03/03, probably i should be hearing soon from them
Thanks Pal80. Hopefully we'll hear a good news this week.

Good luck :D

kindley

Post by kindley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:56 am

Tim555 wrote:
Pal80 wrote:happy for you Tim, i sent mine on 03/03, probably i should be hearing soon from them

Hello Tim,

Have you heard anything from Brightest S? I am hoping for good news for everyone. I am worried about mine though but I hope and pray for good news...

I think you and Brightest S will get your letters this weekend although I don't know how today's strike would affect things?

Good luck to everyone including me!
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:02 pm

kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Hello Tim,

Have you heard anything from Brightest S? I am hoping for good news for everyone. I am worried about mine though but I hope and pray for good news...

I think you and Brightest S will get your letters this weekend although I don't know how today's strike would affect things?

Hi,

No news from Brightest Star. He might be busy. I'm sure he'll get back to us once he find free time.
I feel you will be sorted by the end of this week ( or end of month ) and I'm sure you'll book a place on 8th April for your citizenship ceremony. Hope for the best.

Strike :x ? Is it UKBA or Royal Mail Strike ?

Regards,

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Hello Tim,

Hi,

No news from Brightest Star. He might be busy. I'm sure he'll get back to us once he find free time.
I feel you will be sorted by the end of this week ( or end of month ) and I'm sure you'll book a place on 8th April for your citizenship ceremony. Hope for the best.

Regards,
Sorry guys, here I am now. I am sure many of us will have the good news by this Saturday thorugh our letter boxes. My council receives certificates only today so I have been asked to called about 3PM so that they can check it for me. If the certificate is received today and the council agrees to arrange for a private ceremony in absence of the actual invitation letter then without a doubt I will request for a date tomorrow itself......will keep you guys updates...watch out for some updates from me about 3Pm this afternoon.............

kindley

Post by kindley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:24 pm

Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Hello Tim,

Hi,

Regards,
Hi Tim,

UKBA staff is part of PCS- Public and Commercial Service union and I believe they're taking part in the 24 hours strike. If you called UKBA enquiry line, I doubt if anyone would be there to take your call.

Let's up letters have been sent before today and if not we just have to wait till they are back to work tomorrow. No matter what happens, let's up we get good news!
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Hello Tim,

Hi,

Regards,
Sorry guys, here I am now. I am sure many of us will have the good news by this Saturday thorugh our letter boxes. My council receives certificates only today so I have been asked to called about 3PM so that they can check it for me. If the certificate is received today and the council agrees to arrange for a private ceremony in absence of the actual invitation letter then without a doubt I will request for a date tomorrow itself......will keep you guys updates...watch out for some updates from me about 3Pm this afternoon.............
GOOD LUCK STAR. MY PRAYERS ARE THERE FOR YOU, BROTHER.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 pm

kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Hello Tim,

Hi,

Regards,
Hi Tim,

UKBA staff is part of PCS- Public and Commercial Service union and I believe they're taking part in the 24 hours strike. If you called UKBA enquiry line, I doubt if anyone would be there to take your call.

Let's up letters have been sent before today and if not we just have to wait till they are back to work tomorrow. No matter what happens, let's up we get good news!
Thanks.

I'll contact UKBA later today to confirm when did they post decision letter and uptodate you guys.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
Hello Tim,

Hi,

Regards,
Hi Tim,

Thanks.

I'll contact UKBA later today to confirm when did they post decision letter and uptodate you guys.
UKBA call centre is closed today. I just rang them

r6njit
Newly Registered

Post by r6njit » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:19 pm

My timeline:

Criteria: WP + ILR + laziness (2.5 yrs)

Method of application: NCS

Date applied: 20 Jan 2010

Date of approval: 05 Feb 2010 (Definitely recommend NCS)

Ceremony: 17 Mar 2010

immigrationboards has been tremendously helpful throughout the process. keep up the excellent work...

Waiting to apply for passport. I have to get my wife's name corrected on the Naturalisation Certificate;

I've queried this separately - appreciate if someone can reply on the thread at:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=54148

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Tim555, from what I've seen the time from when decision is made and letter is printed and sent out takes around 10 days. Don't worry, I'm confident of your approval decision. :)

navnas

Post by navnas » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:49 am

Hi Guys ,

out of curiosity i have a question for all those who have recieved their approval and invitation letters .....

does any body know what is a poll / cover No on the invitation letter ???

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi guys its nice to join you in the waiting process which i hope will not be long for all of us, below are my details.

NCS or Postal : NCS Hounslow

Date of submission or posting : 22/03/2010

Date recieved by HO: 24/03/2010

CRITERIA: 3 Years married

Date of debit of Card : pending

Date receipt of acknowledgement : pending

Date of receipt of approval : pending

yarons

Post by yarons » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:18 pm

I have an update and it's good news :)

Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 25/03/2010 (letter dated 17/03)

The letter also invited me to book my ceremony so an update on that to come soon.

Good luck for all that are still waiting. I got a hunch that some of you will get the good news today or tomorrow :) :)

yarons

Post by yarons » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:01 pm

yarons wrote:I have an update and it's good news :)

The letter also invited me to book my ceremony so an update on that to come soon.

Good luck for all that are still waiting. I got a hunch that some of you will get the good news today or tomorrow :) :)
More (rather annoying) update.
My council can only offer me a ceremony on 20/05 at the earliest. A private ceremony will cost me £140!

I have contacted a nearby council which were very sympathetic and said that they would love to accommodate me and they certainly have the space but unfortunately, the Home Office have recently instructed them NOT to accept requests from other districts unless the applicant is working in their council area or has family there.

Tempted to go for the private one and end this saga. Really annoyed :evil:

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Congrats Yarons mate, I'm so pleased for you. :-) I knew it was good news! Sorry to hear about your ceremony dillema. It's quite a long time to wait although the private one is very expensive to almost extortionate. Bet they only do one very rarely so that they can charge that much or anyone wanting it quicker.

An update on mine. Still no letter of invitation today so rang council to find out re: certificate but got told mine isn't there yet but they do have a delivery tomorrow afternoon so if I ring then, I could find out if it is there and book. Apparently they only get cert. delivery every friday.

Will update you when I ring up tomorrow.

yarons

Post by yarons » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:14 pm

freddfrog wrote:Congrats Yarons mate, I'm so pleased for you. :-) I knew it was good news! Sorry to hear about your ceremony dillema. It's quite a long time to wait although the private one is very expensive to almost extortionate. Bet they only do one very rarely so that they can charge that much or anyone wanting it quicker.

An update on mine. Still no letter of invitation today so rang council to find out re: certificate but got told mine isn't there yet but they do have a delivery tomorrow afternoon so if I ring then, I could find out if it is there and book. Apparently they only get cert. delivery every friday.

Will update you when I ring up tomorrow.
Thanks for your wishes. I hope your certificate will arrive tomorrow and you'll make the 8th of April ceremony.

Any advice on what I should do? What would you guys do if you were in my shoes? I am not really in any hurry and probably won't need to use my passport for the next 3-4 months but I do want to end this whole immigration process already.

On one hand side - I've been living in this country for so many years so what is 2 more months to wait? on the other hand, I'm so anxious to end this that £140 may worth my peace of mind.

What do you guys say?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:16 pm

yarons wrote:I have an update and it's good news :)

Congrats mate.
Wish you good luck for rest of your journey.

Regards,