ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 decision made yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xxbade

Tier 1 decision made yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by xxbade » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi guys, i have been waiting for my Tier 1 for almost 2 years now. They have been asking me to send additional documents which i have. My passport has even expired with them. I just spoke to the home office representative that contacted me for the documents and he said they made a decision yesterday. He refused to tell me what the decision is and i am so anxious and scared. My questions are:

(1) Is it their policy not to tell people decisions over the phone no matter what the outcome is?? and

(2) Am thinking if the decision is positive, should they not have asked me to renew my passport so they can put the visa on it? they said they have sent all my documents back, they didnt mention my expired passort.
Help, i am confused!!!!!!!!

[iD]

Re: Tier 1 decision made yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by [iD] » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:42 pm

xxbade wrote:Hi guys, i have been waiting for my Tier 1 for almost 2 years now. They have been asking me to send additional documents which i have. My passport has even expired with them. I just spoke to the home office representative that contacted me for the documents and he said they made a decision yesterday. He refused to tell me what the decision is and i am so anxious and scared. My questions are:

(1) Is it their policy not to tell people decisions over the phone no matter what the outcome is?? and
Yes they are not allowed to tell you that at all
(2) Am thinking if the decision is positive, should they not have asked me to renew my passport so they can put the visa on it? they said they have sent all my documents back, they didnt mention my expired passort.
As far as I could remember you needed to have a passport with at least 6 months on it, wait for others to confirm but you really shouldn't have taken the risk, this is just lazy. Keep your fingers crossed and hope i'm wrong
Goodluck.

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:48 pm

[iD] wrote:
xxbade wrote:Hi guys, i have been waiting for my Tier 1 for almost 2 years now. They have been asking me to send additional documents which i have. My passport has even expired with them. I just spoke to the home office representative that contacted me for the documents and he said they made a decision yesterday. He refused to tell me what the decision is and i am so anxious and scared. My questions are:

As far as I could remember you needed to have a passport with at least 6 months on it, wait for others to confirm but you really shouldn't have taken the risk, this is just lazy

Hey thanks for your reply,if you read my post well, my application has been with the homeoffice for almost 2 years. So obviously my passport would have to expire at somepoint. I didnt expect that my application would take 2 years to be decided.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:52 pm

xxbade wrote:
[iD] wrote:

As far as I could remember you needed to have a passport with at least 6 months on it, wait for others to confirm but you really shouldn't have taken the risk, this is just lazy

Hey thanks for your reply,if you read my post well, my application has been with the homeoffice for almost 2 years. So obviously my passport would have to expire at somepoint. I didnt expect that my application would take 2 years to be decided.
damn I missed that. My apologies. 2 years is the long time for taking decision but if they have refused it (just) because of expired passport then you can appeal and easily win it
good luck
Goodluck.

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:06 pm

First and foremost, the SLA of BIA is 14 weeks time frame. Did you ever got a chance to talk to them before?

IMHO, You should make a complaint about this with appropriate party.

How to make a complaint
Regards,
vks

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:06 am

vks wrote:

First and foremost, the SLA of BIA is 14 weeks time frame. Did you ever got a chance to talk to them before?

IMHO, You should make a complaint about this with appropriate party.

How to make a complaint

Thanks for all the replies guys, got my visa approved!

balak2

Post by balak2 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Congrats!!!!

2 Years????? That's quite a long time and don't know how you managed all the stress and tension waiting for the outcome for your visa application. All is well that ends well :lol:

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Congratulations XXBade...

You really held your nerves.. 2yrs it very long time.. wow!! great.. enjoy the moment.. cheers

vks

Post by vks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:32 pm

balak2 wrote:Congrats!!!!

2 Years????? That's quite a long time and don't know how you managed all the stress and tension waiting for the outcome for your visa application. All is well that ends well :lol:
Congrats!
Is there any reason , why your passport was held such a long time by HO?

It would help a some one in this situation in future!
Regards,
vks