ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:16 pm

yarons wrote:
yarons wrote:I have an update and it's good news :)

Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 25/03/2010 (letter dated 17/03)

The letter also invited me to book my ceremony so an update on that to come soon.

Good luck for all that are still waiting. I got a hunch that some of you will get the good news today or tomorrow :) :)
More (rather annoying) update.
My council can only offer me a ceremony on 20/05 at the earliest. A private ceremony will cost me £140!

I have contacted a nearby council which were very sympathetic and said that they would love to accommodate me and they certainly have the space but unfortunately, the Home Office have recently instructed them NOT to accept requests from other districts unless the applicant is working in their council area or has family there.

Tempted to go for the private one and end this saga. Really annoyed :evil:
Oh that's sad :oops:
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:21 pm

yarons wrote:
freddfrog wrote:Congrats Yarons mate, I'm so pleased for you. :-) I knew it was good news! Sorry to hear about your ceremony dillema. It's quite a long time to wait although the private one is very expensive to almost extortionate. Bet they only do one very rarely so that they can charge that much or anyone wanting it quicker.

An update on mine. Still no letter of invitation today so rang council to find out re: certificate but got told mine isn't there yet but they do have a delivery tomorrow afternoon so if I ring then, I could find out if it is there and book. Apparently they only get cert. delivery every friday.

Will update you when I ring up tomorrow.
Thanks for your wishes. I hope your certificate will arrive tomorrow and you'll make the 8th of April ceremony.

Any advice on what I should do? What would you guys do if you were in my shoes? I am not really in any hurry and probably won't need to use my passport for the next 3-4 months but I do want to end this whole immigration process already.

On one hand side - I've been living in this country for so many years so what is 2 more months to wait? on the other hand, I'm so anxious to end this that £140 may worth my peace of mind.

What do you guys say?
Bloody Hell. Why wait 2/3 months? I think you should go for a private ceremony. Go gO Go MaTe 8)
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Any updates guys ( Brightest Star, freddfrog, kindly )?

Today I rang UKBA to confirm the decision letter updates. They said decision letter is not yet issued however decision was made on 23rd of March 2010. They further added it takes upto 14 days to reach the decision letter to the applicant.

Not sure when can I actually receive it. To be honest I was expecting it by the end of this week now I'm expecting on or after 1st April 2010 ( 8 days after decision date ).

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 pm

yarons wrote:

The letter also invited me to book my ceremony so an update on that to come soon.

Good luck for all that are still waiting. I got a hunch that some of you will get the good news today or tomorrow :) :)
My council can only offer me a ceremony on 20/05 at the earliest. A private ceremony will cost me £140!

I have contacted a nearby council which were very sympathetic and said that they would love to accommodate me and they certainly have the space but unfortunately, the Home Office have recently instructed them NOT to accept requests from other districts unless the applicant is working in their council area or has family there.

congratulation, if i were u I would go for the private ceremony. my local council charges £200 where i applied. However, i put a nearby council (charge £75 only) for the ceremony in my application form. I hope the home office will not send the invention to my council otherwise i will have to pay $200 rather than £75.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Tim555 wrote:Any updates guys ( Brightest Star, freddfrog, kindly )?

Today I rang UKBA to confirm the decision letter updates. They said decision letter is not yet issued however decision was made on 23rd of March 2010. They further added it takes upto 14 days to reach the decision letter to the applicant.

Not sure when can I actually receive it. To be honest I was expecting it by the end of this week now I'm expecting on or after 1st April 2010 ( 8 days after decision date ).
I am sorry for the late reply brother but no haven't got anything yet...I am hoping may be latest by this Saturday.....

nao

hi

Post by nao » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 pm

hi just reading through you guys discussion,
Can't we choose the place for the ceremony?
In my application, I put my preferred ceremony place as Brent council as I heard they do 4times a week.
I am not living in London though not far from London.
actually I applied at Wandsworth.
Please let me know do I have to go to the local council or my local council will contact me first?

Thanks

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I got my letter today and I've been granted British Citizenship!

I called this morning and I was told a decision letter had been despatched using Secure Mail-DX. DX was used because I requested that the original of my Life in the Uk test certificate be sent back to me and I guess that was why I receive my letter sooner than normal.

TIMELINE:

Date of Application via NCS: 04/03/2010

Received at the UKBA: 05/03/2010

Money Processed: 10/03/2010 (It could've been earlier if not for the 24 hrs Strike)

Money left account: 13/03/2010

Acknowledgement: 11/03/2010

Approval Date: 22/03/2010

Approval received: 25/03/2010

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this board for their selfless and humane supports.

Human race would be far better than it is now if we could adopt the attitude exhibited by the founder (s), moderators and members of this board. I would recommend this board to anyone!

To everyone who's about to or already in any stage of immigration process, I wish all the best of luck.

Brightest S, Tim and everyone, yours are on the way, I guess they've been sent using normal post.

Regards
Last edited by kindley on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:46 pm

kindley wrote:Hello everyone! GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!

I called this morning and I was told a decision letter had been despatched using Secure Mail-DX. DX was used because I requested that the original of my Life in the Uk test certificate be sent back to me and I guess that was why I receive my letter sooner than normal.

TIMELINE:

Money Processed: 10/03/2010 (It could've been earlier if not for the 24 hrs Strike)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this board for their selfless and humane supports.

Human race would be far better than it is now if we could adopt the attitude exhibited by the founder (s), moderators and members of this board. I would recommend this board to anyone!

Brightest S, Tim and everyone, I believe yours are on the way, I guess it's been sent through normal post.

Regards
Congrats Kindley.....good luck mate for the rest of your journey...r u having a private ceremony?

navnas

Post by navnas » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:47 pm

yarons wrote:

Congrats Yarons for the good news mate ! really happy for you ...

well i were you i would have gone for a private one no matter what it costs ....i know you will be tempted to end this saga but nearly two months wait is two much for just 5-10 mins ceremony ....in the end choice is yours ofcourse :-) enjoy the happy moment anyways !

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Brightest Star wrote:

TIMELINE:

Brightest S, Tim and everyone, I believe yours are on the way, I guess it's been sent through normal post.

Regards
Congrats Kindley.....good luck mate for the rest of your journey...r u having a private ceremony?
Thank you and I believe yours is probably this weekend.

I really don't know if I am going for a private ceremony, i'll see what happens. I only got a letter saying application has been successful, not yet got a letter inviting me to a ceremony.

Do you or anyone on here know how long it'll take the second letter to get to me?

Regards

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:23 am

Congrats Kindley, now the approvals are slowly flooding in! :) Still haven't got my ceremony invitation as mentioned and it's nearly 2 weeks (will be exactly 2-weeks on Mon) since the DX secure delivery of the decision letter. On your letter, did it not say wait 2-weeks like mine before ringing HO in case it is lost and they'll send you another copy of the invitation?

I've got a feeling my invitation might come tomorrow as my council is awaiting delivery tomorrow of a batch of certificates from the HO. I'll ring them in the afternoon and post an update here.

Yarons, £140 is a lot of money and we've already paid the best part of £720 and I believe you went through NCS which is another £50? It is a long wait but your application has now been approved so I guess if it was me I'd wait as I've already paid a lot and same as you I've waited a while to apply for citizenship in comparison. On the other hand, I realise that 'british citizenship' is not yet official until after the ceremony and you've got your certificate. It's a difficult decision but I'm sure you'll make the right one for you. :)

Tim555

Re: hi

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:35 am

nao wrote:hi just reading through you guys discussion,
Can't we choose the place for the ceremony?
In my application, I put my preferred ceremony place as Brent council as I heard they do 4times a week.
I am not living in London though not far from London.
actually I applied at Wandsworth.
Please let me know do I have to go to the local council or my local council will contact me first?

Thanks
Yes you can choose the place of ceremony if you want to.
Brent council runs 3 times a week. Wandsworth council is not bad. They are less busy only run 4 ceremonies a month ( once a week ) and very flexible time and days. Online appointment booking facility for NCS and appointments are available from 10.00 am to 7.15 pm and they are open on saturdays as well.

I'm from different council but applied through Wandsworth and Inshallah will attend my ceremony in same council.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:41 am

kindley wrote:Hello everyone,

TIMELINE:

Acknowledgement: 11/03/2010

To everyone who's about to or already in any stage of immigration process, I wish all the best of luck.

Brightest S, Tim and everyone, yours are on the way, I guess they've been sent using normal post.

Regards
Wauwwwwwww 8) Congrats. Very quick and fast :) Did you book ceremony?
Wish you good luck for rest of your journey.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:48 am

kindley wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:

TIMELINE:

Regards
Thank you and I believe yours is probably this weekend.

I really don't know if I am going for a private ceremony, i'll see what happens. I only got a letter saying application has been successful, not yet got a letter inviting me to a ceremony.

Do you or anyone on here know how long it'll take the second letter to get to me?

Regards
Normally It takes 1 week after approval letter. Fraggfrog is also waiting 2nd letter from more than a week. I guess he'll get it tomorrow or saturday and yours during or by the end of next week.

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks Tim, Brightest S, Fredfrog and everyone...

I don't think I can book ceremony without the 2nd letter which advices you which council to book your ceremony.

It seems the UKBA now send invitation to attend ceremony to your nearest council irrespective of the fact that you want your ceremony there or not?

Tim, Brightest S, yours is this weekend......

Regards

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:58 am

I think I am going to go for the private ceremony. I'd like to put this behind me already.

I will probably be applying for my passport on Monday. Anyone knows whether it would be a problem to use one of the people working for me (I'm their line manager) as a referee in the application??

chzishan

Post by chzishan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:07 am

Finally I got my Passport today and that is the end of my journey:

Thanks for your support and pray

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 28/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 29/01/2010
CRITERIA: (4 Year HSMP+ 1 Year ILR Back Dated)
Date of debit of Card : 02/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 06/02/2010 (Dated:02/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 06/03/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 09/03/2010

Date of passport application : 09/03/2010
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 22/03/2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: 26/03/2010

navnas

Post by navnas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:12 pm

chzishan wrote:Finally I got my Passport today and that is the end of my journey:

Thanks for your support and pray

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 28/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 29/01/2010
CRITERIA: (4 Year HSMP+ 1 Year ILR Back Dated)
Date of debit of Card : 02/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 06/02/2010 (Dated:02/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 06/03/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 09/03/2010

Date of passport application : 09/03/2010
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 22/03/2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: 26/03/2010
congrats chzishan ! well done mate for such a quick sailing ...

can you also let us know what date you recieved the ips letter asking to book the interview ... just need to have a rough idea on when i should expect mine ...i submitted mine through check and send on 24th march..not sure how to check if that has been recieved by IPS or otherwise

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:57 pm

yarons wrote:I think I am going to go for the private ceremony. I'd like to put this behind me already.

I will probably be applying for my passport on Monday. Anyone knows whether it would be a problem to use one of the people working for me (I'm their line manager) as a referee in the application??
As far as I know they have to be someone who appear in the following list: Link

If the person who works for you is a manager, personnel officer then it should be fine. Do you have your own business and are VAT registered?

On another note, I rang my council and they didn't get their scheduled delivery of certificates today from the HO. They apologised and aksed me to ring on Monday afternoon to check again. Still no invitation letter from HO either and it'll be 2-weeks wait this coming Monday. If it doesn't arrive by then I'll ring HO to query where my letter of invitation is.

Congrats chzishan on completing your journey! :)

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:09 pm

freddfrog wrote:
yarons wrote:I think I am going to go for the private ceremony. I'd like to put this behind me already.

As far as I know they have to be someone who appear in the following list: Link

If the person who works for you is a manager, personnel officer then it should be fine. Do you have your own business and are VAT registered?

On another note, I rang my council and they didn't get their scheduled delivery of certificates today from the HO. They apologised and aksed me to ring on Monday afternoon to check again. Still no invitation letter from HO either and it'll be 2-weeks wait this coming Monday. If it doesn't arrive by then I'll ring HO to query where my letter of invitation is.

Congrats chzishan on completing your journey! :)
Thanks freddfrog. I work for a big corporate and this person is one of my direct reports. From reading the info on the IPS site I don't think there will be a problem but nevertheless, will use someone else just to be extra safe.

pinklover
Newly Registered

Post by pinklover » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Hmm, from Kindley's timeline, it makes me think that my application might have been completed?!

I'm the same timeline as Kindley (actually I'm 1 day earlier) but since I'm not expecting any original documents to be sent back does that mean I still have to wait a little longer for that 2nd class decision letter in the post?? :roll:

anxiously waiting.... :wink:
[/quote]

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:13 pm

something weird is going on. I just rang the register office of the nearby council (the same one who told me they were instructed not to accept anyone from another district) and this time they said it was fine and I could have my ceremony there on 21/04.

It was not the same lady who I spoke to yesterday and the person who gave me the information did say that the lady who deals with this is on leave but they also said it should not be a problem. I did not mention my conversation yesterday and I feel I may have made a mistake there.

In any case, they are sending me an email confirming that I'm on the 21st April date and have asked me to ask my council to send them the certificate.

Weird....

citizen1000

HOW MUCH MORE WAIT ??????????????????????????????????

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:49 pm

A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE ON MY APPLICATION ON 16/03/2010 & HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING AS YET.
CALLED MY COUNCIL TODAY AS THEY RECEIVE THEIR DELIVERY FROM HOME OFFICE ON EVERY FRIDAY, BUT THE COUNCIL SAID THAT THEY WERE EXPECTING TO GET ABOUT 60 CERTIFICATES THIS FRIDAY BUT DID NOT RECEIVE ANY BECAUSE OF DISRUPTION CAUSED BY THE STRIKE OF HOME OFFICE.
I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE WAIT ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:39 pm

yarons wrote:something weird is going on. I just rang the register office of the nearby council (the same one who told me they were instructed not to accept anyone from another district) and this time they said it was fine and I could have my ceremony there on 21/04.

It was not the same lady who I spoke to yesterday and the person who gave me the information did say that the lady who deals with this is on leave but they also said it should not be a problem. I did not mention my conversation yesterday and I feel I may have made a mistake there.

In any case, they are sending me an email confirming that I'm on the 21st April date and have asked me to ask my council to send them the certificate.

Weird....
i think that lady didn't bother to book the appointment, but anyway hopefully your ceremony will go through this time.
I have a question, from your speech it seems like we can change the ceremony council which we put in the application form even after the invitation letter was issued by the home office! is that correct?

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Ramy90 wrote:
yarons wrote:something weird is going on. I just rang the register office of the nearby council (the same one who told me they were instructed not to accept anyone from another district) and this time they said it was fine and I could have my ceremony there on 21/04.

Weird....
i think that lady didn't bother to book the appointment, but anyway hopefully your ceremony will go through this time.
I have a question, from your speech it seems like we can change the ceremony council which we put in the application form even after the invitation letter was issued by the home office! is that correct?
From my discussion with the UKBA today, I think you could as long as you "inform" them of it.