ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Wife Lost the JOB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roddy1984

EU Wife Lost the JOB

Post by roddy1984 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:41 pm

I applied for 4EUFAM Stamp in end of October and got temporary Stamp 4 till end of April.But the problem is my EU wife lost job Today and I have left only one month to get reply from EU Treaty Rights for my Stamp.I think when they will know that my EU Wife lost the job, they will refuse my visa.
Please anybody can give me any advise? Will it be right to inform DOJ about my wife job satiation??

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:41 pm

I think you should be fine.You dont need to answer what they dont ask you.just be calm and i wish you a good luck.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:54 am

roddy1984, how long has your wife been in Ireland exercising EU Treaty Rights as a worker, that is, as an employed person?
[/quote]
John

whata1da
Newly Registered

Post by whata1da » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi Roddy

My husband and I found ourselves in a similar situation a few months ago when his contract was terminated. Within two weeks we moved to Dublin as a friend had offered him a job, just to disappoint him when we arrived. He started working for Adecco within a few days of our arrival.

We did not inform DOJ about this change as just so much happened within a period of 3weeks-we moved to a new county, had to find a new place, job, etc. Unfortunately for us, in this time they contacted my husband's employer just to be told he does not work there (even though at this stage he had already started working in Dublin). They cancelled my application for EU treaty rights as they said they did not have any evidence that he was in employment and therefore not exercising his EU treaty rights in Ireland.

As far as I know, according to eu treaty law an EU spouse can be unemployed up to a maximum of 6 months and still seen to be exercising their EU treaty rights, but for some reason the Irish have their own interpretation to it.

We've submitted an application to have our case reviewed and it's been nearly six months and still no answer. My stamp4 expired and I have not been issued with an alternate immigration status. Not having an immigration status means not being able to work, or to travel out of Ireland to other EU countries or to visit my in laws in the UK.

I suggest that you inform the DOJ about this change as soon as possible as it seems that they leave checking work references, etc to the very last minute.

Best of luck to you and your wife!!!

roddy1984

EU Wife Lost the JOB

Post by roddy1984 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:07 pm

My wife move in Ireland June 2009 and started work in July and I joined her in October.But now she lost her job and its not that easy to find job quickly. I am worried now because its only 1 month left to finish my 6 month for 4EUFAM application.Because when DOJ will know that my wife is not working any more, maybe they will be refused my case?
Please any Advice ???

iluvireland

they do wat they waant

Post by iluvireland » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 pm

roddy,,,sad news is ,,,i know two case. their tem stamp4 end up last month but they have not got any news yet from doj,,,,,, one of them back to old visa for 1 year ,,,,
DOJ think they are GOD