ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS Treatment and Travel when on a Fiancée Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Enquirer77

NHS Treatment and Travel when on a Fiancée Visa

Post by Enquirer77 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:16 pm

When a non-EEA person comes to settle in the UK under a fiancée visa, are they entitled to free NHS treatment during the first 6 months? Are they also able to travel on holiday to other countries inside or outside the EEA during the first 6 months? When the 2 year extension is given to the visa, following marriage, are any travel or NHS benefits restrictions relaxed?

Enquirer77

Post by Enquirer77 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:37 pm

Sorry to ask again, but does anyone know the answer to my question below?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:46 am

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to the question about travel before the wedding - I'd guess that it's OK, but that's only a guess. Certainly once the wedding has taken place there wouldn't be any problem with going on holiday during the probationary period - although you'd need to be careful not to give the impression that you weren't really settling here, by spending substantial periods outside the country.

The answer to the NHS question is in this thread I think
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....