ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ra.vijay22
Newly Registered

Success!

Post by ra.vijay22 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 am

Hi ra!

I applied for T1 General visa on 25th feb and got it on 4th march. I applied via premium service at south mumbai. Super fast!

Thanks to every on this site....

Another questions....

I am flying in may 1st week , i need to carry anything extra? i.e documents or health reports etc..etc...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:51 am

Have all the docs u sent for visa handy and get a TB Test report done in one of the Med labs to save 3-4hrs waiting time at airport

[iD]

Re: Success!

Post by [iD] » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:47 pm

ra.vijay22 wrote:Hi ra!

I applied for T1 General visa on 25th feb and got it on 4th march. I applied via premium service at south mumbai. Super fast!

Thanks to every on this site....

Another questions....

I am flying in may 1st week , i need to carry anything extra? i.e documents or health reports etc..etc...
same as Ramesh said
plus yo know that you'll have to go for a 2nd extension if you delay your initial entry by more than 28 days right?
Goodluck.

ra.vijay22
Newly Registered

Post by ra.vijay22 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Sorry guys , but what is this 2nd extension ?

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi,
If you are planning to go for ILR in future then you need to show that you have been in UK for 4 years 11 months out of which you can be out of UK for 180 days (at a stretch not more then 90 days).

Currently you got visa for 3 years and after that you will apply for extension for another 2 years. So if you enter now before 28 days from your visa start date then you will get 4 years 11 months and no need for another extension again.

If you still have doubts please go through this link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=54195

Thanks,
Dev

ra.vijay22
Newly Registered

Post by ra.vijay22 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm

How long is the 2nd extension ??

If applying for ILR , do i need to wait out the complete 2nd extension period?

Thanks guys!

ra.vijay22
Newly Registered

Post by ra.vijay22 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:44 pm

went through it... thanks ra!

kju

Post by kju » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 am

devendranadh.b wrote:Hi,
If you are planning to go for ILR in future then you need to show that you have been in UK for 4 years 11 months out of which you can be out of UK for 180 days (at a stretch not more then 90 days).

Currently you got visa for 3 years and after that you will apply for extension for another 2 years. So if you enter now before 28 days from your visa start date then you will get 4 years 11 months and no need for another extension again.

Thanks,
Dev
Clarification needed please: I'm applying for Tier1 on 1.4. and I chose the desired date of travel 1.7. (maximum you can postpone your visa stamp 'date' for 3 months, right?) And from 1.7. I need to enter UK in 28 days? Is that correct?

vks

Post by vks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:58 am

kju wrote:
devendranadh.b wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
Dev
Clarification needed please: I'm applying for Tier1 on 1.4. and I chose the desired date of travel 1.7. (maximum you can postpone your visa stamp 'date' for 3 months, right?) And from 1.7. I need to enter UK in 28 days? Is that correct?
Desired dates does not gaurentee that your visa would be stamped as such!

The answer to your question is there is no hard and fast rule for '28 days' period to enter. If you enter within that you will save a possible second extension.
Regards,
vks

kju

Post by kju » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:11 pm

vks wrote:Desired dates does not gaurentee that your visa would be stamped as such!
really? maybe they stamp it with date of approval? :-/
oh dear..

thanks for reply

vks

Post by vks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:19 pm

kju wrote:
vks wrote:Desired dates does not gaurentee that your visa would be stamped as such!
really? maybe they stamp it with date of approval? :-/
oh dear..

thanks for reply
Ensure that you clearly point this out in your covering letter!
What I meant was that the CW does not always oblige to your request. In reality there is a policy which states that one can request a future date for their visa(which should not be more than 3 months!)
Regards,
vks