ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Multiplier for Visa From UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

messagetosiva
Newly Registered

Salary Multiplier for Visa From UK

Post by messagetosiva » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:08 am

Hi

I am planning to apply for tier 1 visa from UK. I have been in Uk for the past 15 months (on intra company transfer). But my earnings /salary was always paid in INR and was credited to my Indian bank account. (rs 8,00,000 for 12 months)

For previous earnings points, will I be able to use this income with salary multiplier (5.3 Times) to make it equal to 60571 pounds , to apply for tier 1 from UK.

The calc is

(8,00,000 INR = 11428.57 GBP)
(11428.57 GBP * 5.3 = 60571.4 GBP)

I know the calculation is correct but,

My immigration consultants says that "You can only use the multiplier if the income is earned in India. If you are working in the UK but paid in India then it is a straight conversion using the Oanda website. We had a client who has tried to do exactly what you were proposing, like applying for a visa from India to make use of the multiplier factor but the application was refused as he had a UK work permit so I'm afraid the multiplier does not apply whether the application is made in the UK or in India. Hence you dont qualify for Tier 1 as 11428 pounds will fetch no points for previous earnings"

Can any one please clarify if you have a similar situation.

Regards
kipper

GeneNZ

Re: Salary Multiplier for Visa From UK

Post by GeneNZ » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:18 am

messagetosiva wrote:Hi

I am planning to apply for tier 1 visa from UK. I have been in Uk for the past 15 months (on intra company transfer). But my earnings /salary was always paid in INR and was credited to my Indian bank account. (rs 8,00,000 for 12 months)

For previous earnings points, will I be able to use this income with salary multiplier (5.3 Times) to make it equal to 60571 pounds , to apply for tier 1 from UK.

The calc is

My immigration consultants says that "You can only use the multiplier if the income is earned in India. If you are working in the UK but paid in India then it is a straight conversion using the Oanda website. We had a client who has tried to do exactly what you were proposing, like applying for a visa from India to make use of the multiplier factor but the application was refused as he had a UK work permit so I'm afraid the multiplier does not apply whether the application is made in the UK or in India. Hence you dont qualify for Tier 1 as 11428 pounds will fetch no points for previous earnings"

Regards
kipper
I think there are many people on this board that have listed a similar situation, and if I can remember correctly the immigration consultant is correct.

Don't take my word for it. Check through the posts on the board and I'm sure you'll come across a similar post.

vks

Re: Salary Multiplier for Visa From UK

Post by vks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:20 am

messagetosiva wrote:Hi

The calc is

Regards
kipper
The immigration consultant is correct! You can't use the Uplift factor for your scenario! The place you work is considered than the place your salary is credited!
Regards,
vks

raj_india
Newly Registered

Post by raj_india » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:51 am

Dont do that my dear.
I did the same and in same situation like you.
Mine was rejected for the same reason.

Don't waste you precious earnings.

Sorry mate.... i suffered and then i felt bad but we have no choice.
You are lucky that you have consulted forum as well as your consultant... i didn't do that and paid.

If you get any solution share with me please.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:33 am

With UK work experience you can not claim earnings points based on Uplift ratio...

messagetosiva
Newly Registered

Post by messagetosiva » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:53 am

But i am not claiming any points for UK work exp as i dont have UK Payslip or Tax Returns or NI etc.

vks

Post by vks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 am

messagetosiva wrote:But i am not claiming any points for UK work exp as i dont have UK Payslip or Tax Returns or NI etc.
But where are you working for the claiming period?
Regards,
vks

messagetosiva
Newly Registered

Post by messagetosiva » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Working in UK on WorkPermit, but salary was paid in Indian Account in INR.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm

messagetosiva wrote:But i am not claiming any points for UK work exp as i dont have UK Payslip or Tax Returns or NI etc.
I'm lost here mate. Were you getting paid in the UK at all over the last 15 months? Or were you just paid the money into your Indian account?

vks

Post by vks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm

messagetosiva wrote:Working in UK on WorkPermit, but salary was paid in Indian Account in INR.

So youo can't use the upliftment ratio
Regards,
vks

raj_india
Newly Registered

Post by raj_india » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:45 pm

vks wrote:
messagetosiva wrote:Working in UK on WorkPermit, but salary was paid in Indian Account in INR.

So youo can't use the upliftment ratio
Hi,

It doesn't matter to caseworker if you are getting paid perdiem, salary or nothing in UK.
As long as you are physically in UK even though you earned full salary in India, you cant use the uplift ratio of 5.3.

Only option for you could be:
1. Add all your UK allowances.
2. Convert your Indian Salary into GBP from Oanda (based on last date of earning claim)
3. If for sometime you were in india during the period of earning claim (12 months) then you can use 5.3 as uplift ratio.
Since you are in Uk for last 15 months.. you can't use option 3.

Please add 1 + 2 and see if you can make it.

Note: If you apply after this thread... you will get a rejection note which will read at the end...

" Due considertaion has been paid to the fact that you came to Uk on this date ( and extended your visa if applicable..) date wise.

"

alexrabbi
Newly Registered

Post by alexrabbi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:26 am

Hi messagetosiva

I was in the same situation like yours and i applied for Tier 1 from UK.

It was rejected and i lost money.

I was there in UK for 2 years but my salary was paid in india like in your case. Home office donot accept that salary.

Cheers

FRESH001
Newly Registered

Is my case different or the same? Pls help..........

Post by FRESH001 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:15 pm

I work for my company in Africa as a database Administrator and since all you need to work as a DBA is an active internet connectivity and the internet conn. here in Uk is more faster than the one we've got back in my country, so we decided I should work from Uk. I got paid £4,250.00 every month into my account in africa and because of boredom, i work here in Uk in NHS mental health hospital (Part- time) and earn £650/ month. so my total salary will be (4,250 * 12 = £51,000) and in Uk (650*12 = £7,800) = £58,800.

I just completed my M.Sc in information Security and got my PSW some weeks ago. Will I qualify for the tier 1 and what point will I be awarded for the previous earning?

Thanks.