ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visas - trying to get it straight

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RPatanakar
Newly Registered

spouse visas - trying to get it straight

Post by RPatanakar » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:58 am

My spouse, is an indian citizen, although not employed at present, has savings and assets. I am UK citizen, in india with my spouse for last 3 months, no job in UK at present. No other source of income, but we are both well-educted professionals able to get jobs without too much of a problem.

I know that the obvious choice would be for me to return to UK, get job and acoomodation sorted and then have him apply. But my spouse very reluctant to send me back alone.

Can anyone clarify this point:

· together you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds

1) Does that mean that they consider the applicants financial status as well as the sponsors? Can we present that to them?
2) How do they view an injection of cash into a persons account... does getting a loan help or hinder an application?
3) Are prospects of employment valid ways of proving ability to support, or are they only interested in what you have at the time you apply? Are savings and good prospects, the fact that sponsor has never applied for public funds a likely way of getting approved without an income per se at the time of application?

any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rachel

Does anyone have any advice on the measure

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:56 pm

Hi, using your numbering :-
  1. Yes ... indeed it is clear from the guidance notes that financial information is required from the applicant as well as the sponsor
  2. Certainly don't take out a loan to try to make the picture look better. ECOs are well able to fathom out such tricks. However if, for example, some shares are sold and the proceeds put into the bank account, well that might help. If there are any sizeable receipts into the bank account ... explain them!
  3. They will take the overall facts into account. Good prospects might well assist the overall picture and lead to the financial test to be passed. "the fact that sponsor has never applied for public funds" .... probably not worth a lot .... not good proof that a claim will never be needed. In any case there is no problem the British Citizen spouse making claims for Public Funds.
John