ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICFN

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pepene

ICFN

Post by pepene » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi,

I applied for a tier 2 about 2 weeks ago and today received a letter to make an appt for biometrics.

My question is whether obtaining the tier 2 visa reliant on me getting a ICFN first or does it happen side by side? As I am due to start work in 2 weeks and hoping to get my passport next week.

Thanks guys.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Well, your application is still not seen by caseworker.

Just like payment processing is done seperately, i am assuming this biometric requirement is administered by seperate entity.

When the caseworker, according to waiting times, process your application, he /she will know that , atleast, you cant be refused on the basis of not providing biometric data within given timescale.

Just think of it as stage 2 of your application.
Stage 1 was getting the application fees from you and stage 3 would be approving/rejectng the application.

djzack

Re: ICFN

Post by djzack » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:08 pm

pepene wrote:Hi,

I applied for a tier 2 about 2 weeks ago and today received a letter to make an appt for biometrics.

My question is whether obtaining the tier 2 visa reliant on me getting a ICFN first or does it happen side by side? As I am due to start work in 2 weeks and hoping to get my passport next week.

Thanks guys.
Hi can you please mention your timelines below, I know you still haven't got a decision on your application, but if you could fill out the stages you've been through, i.e submitting application, biometric invitation etc.

Date application sent :
Date invitation for Biometric recieved:
Biometrics appointment made at post office/online:
Waiting time after enrollment:
Documents returned with decision on:

Total timeline in days/weeks:

pepene

Post by pepene » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 am

Yes will definitely post the time scales once I get my passport back as the ICFN letter with the bar code was not working and they have resent the letter so I have to try again!!!

djzack

Post by djzack » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:22 am

pepene wrote:Yes will definitely post the time scales once I get my passport back as the ICFN letter with the bar code was not working and they have resent the letter so I have to try again!!!
Thanks pepene, when you say the barcode, does that mean the ICFN letter needs to be scanned through a system? and if for some reason one needs to request another copy, how do you go about it, I am guessing we could use the 0300 number?

djzack

Post by djzack » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:54 am

pepene wrote:Yes will definitely post the time scales once I get my passport back as the ICFN letter with the bar code was not working and they have resent the letter so I have to try again!!!
Thanks pepene, when you say the barcode, does that mean the ICFN letter needs to be scanned through a system? and if for some reason one needs to request another copy, how do you go about it, I am guessing we could use the 0300 number? what did you do for your re-send request?
Last edited by djzack on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

djzack

Post by djzack » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 am

Edit: The barcode is needed for enrolling biometrics at Post Office branches apart from the other enrollment centres. There is also an additional handling fee of £8.00 payable to the postoffice ltd.

I am thinking of doing a complete post when with expected timelines, waiting times for appointments etc, once we get more information from pepene on this.

These new applications are nothing different apart from the added bio-metric requirement, but I think an additional post covering all aspects would help the ones stuck with it.

pepene

Post by pepene » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

well about 10 days or so after I posted my passport I got a letter with a barcode stating I was in the postcode region to use the service and as I was near Birmingham at the time, I went there and they tried everything to help me and as it was Saturday I had to come home (300 miles away) then I called the border agency and they resend a letter and I made another trip to South Shields (120 miles away) only to enounter the same prob.

So I rang the 0300 and was give a BRN number and an appt at Glasgow biometric office and I just go that done last Friday and now I cannot start my job till I get the visa (was due to start yesterday!!!)

djzack

Post by djzack » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:59 pm

pepene wrote:well about 10 days or so after I posted my passport I got a letter with a barcode stating I was in the postcode region to use the service and as I was near Birmingham at the time, I went there and they tried everything to help me and as it was Saturday I had to come home (300 miles away) then I called the border agency and they resend a letter and I made another trip to South Shields (120 miles away) only to enounter the same prob.

So I rang the 0300 and was give a BRN number and an appt at Glasgow biometric office and I just go that done last Friday and now I cannot start my job till I get the visa (was due to start yesterday!!!)
Any updates?

esal

Post by esal » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:19 am

hi ppl,

I gave my biometrics last thursday(4th march). originally submitted application on 25th Jan .. still waiting for visa ... taking hell lot of time ...

pepene

Post by pepene » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:56 pm

still no sign, cannot even ring them to know why its taking soooo long!

vat1947
Newly Registered

Post by vat1947 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:36 pm

I submitted applciation on 12/02/2010 .
Biometric on 15/03/2010.

How long will it take for stamping? any one having history about your timelines.?

pepene

Post by pepene » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:38 pm

got my ID card today but no passport

applied on 2nd feb
acknowledged on 4th feb
biometrics 26th feb
id card 24th march
passport not yet! :(

sayan
Newly Registered

Post by sayan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:01 am

Is there any same day premium service for this scheme?

pepene

Post by pepene » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:21 am

sayan wrote:Is there any same day premium service for this scheme?
sorry mate, no premium to get the card back the same day. to provide the details YES there is.

sayan
Newly Registered

Post by sayan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:50 pm

applied on 2nd feb
acknowledged on 4th feb
biometrics 26th feb
id card 24th march
passport not yet!
Applied on 2nd FEB, still waiting for the Passport!

I don't know why the HO treats 'Passport Handling'
so badly. They must realise for a foreigner his passport
is much more important....

This Tier 2 scheme is getting much worser now!

vat1947
Newly Registered

Post by vat1947 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Still there is no information regarding my passport. so postponed my India travel tickets to 15th of April from 31st Match. Hoping that some magic will happen to get my passpost for travel on 15th April.

The home office service become like Indian consulate operations. Even worse than these...

Thank you all folks for sharing those information.. keep on sharing...

pepene

Post by pepene » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:26 pm

got my passport and supporting documents with passport photos returned as well as the ICFN is the new vignette and no further passport stamping.

supporting documents returned without the a4 transparent sheets that I sent them in to protect them, good job they were all in 1 piece.

GR8 now they have started taking our stuff too!!!