ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Application fees- help !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpapply
Newly Registered

Dependent Application fees- help !!

Post by hsmpapply » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi All,

I am little confused about the application fees. Here is my scenario.
I got my HSMP Approval(letter) in Mar 2008 and got my visa(Tier1) stamped in July 2008 (because the rule had changed from HSMP to Tier1 by then) so I got stamping for 3 years. [In the old HSMP scheme, for those who don't know, you had the leverage of 6 months before you could get your visa stamped].

Now am planning to apply dependent visa for my baby from India. When I look at the ukvisas website(http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/visafees.aspx) there are two categories.
Dependant of tier 1 general applicant - Rs.50650
Dependant of tier 1 general applicant with HSMP approval letter (transitional arrangement) - Rs. 18750

I believe my case should fall under the second category (since I have the HSMP approval letter). But am not 100% sure. Can somebody help me?
Is the second category for applicants like me? Has anybody gone through this situation?

Thanks

vks

Re: Dependent Application fees- help !!

Post by vks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:30 pm

hsmpapply wrote:Hi All,

I am little confused about the application fees. Here is my scenario.
I got my HSMP Approval(letter) in Mar 2008 and got my visa(Tier1) stamped in July 2008 (because the rule had changed from HSMP to Tier1 by then) so I got stamping for 3 years. [In the old HSMP scheme, for those who don't know, you had the leverage of 6 months before you could get your visa stamped].

Now am planning to apply dependent visa for my baby from India. When I look at the ukvisas website(http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/visafees.aspx) there are two categories.
Dependant of tier 1 general applicant - Rs.50650
Dependant of tier 1 general applicant with HSMP approval letter (transitional arrangement) - Rs. 18750

I believe my case should fall under the second category (since I have the HSMP approval letter). But am not 100% sure. Can somebody help me?
Is the second category for applicants like me? Has anybody gone through this situation?

Thanks
I understood the same as per the guidelines. But get it confirmed from HO before you apply
Regards,
vks

hsmpapply
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapply » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Thanks. Now the confusion has even multiplied. VFS for some reason has now removed the category... "Dependant of tier 1 general applicant with HSMP approval letter (transitional arrangement)"

They just have
1) Tier 1 general applicant - main applicant and dependants - Rs.51750
2) Dependants of current Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) / Work Permit visa holders - Rs. 20250.

I think now I will fall under No. 1.. Am I right?
Oops in 10 days fees increased from 18750 to 51750.. :(

hsmpapply
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapply » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:33 pm

Just want to update you all.. that the dependent visa for my kid was processed successfully and we are in UK now.

The fees I paid was around 19,000 INR. So for the above scenario this is the fee that anyone has to pay.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:54 pm

hsmpapply wrote:Just want to update you all.. that the dependent visa for my kid was processed successfully and we are in UK now.

The fees I paid was around 19,000 INR. So for the above scenario this is the fee that anyone has to pay.

Dear HSMPapply

Thanks a lot for such a useful information.

Could you please confirm which application form you filled in? Is it VAF2 or VAF10? Did you try to meet current maintenance clause for Tier 1 General £800+533