ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for My Wife's Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fais79

Documents for My Wife's Spouse Visa

Post by fais79 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:41 am

Hello people,

I'm applying for my Wife to come over to UK to live with me permanently.. I got a massive pile of papers for her application.. I wanted to ask if I can bind the paper because I have read in several places in the forum that you they take all the papers out of the folder therefore, looking for how I can keep all the papers in order for them to have a look.

GD78

Post by GD78 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:44 am

I think this may depend on which country she is applying from. For example, I've read that the VAC in Pakistan doesn't accept any sort of plastic folders.

I applied from Saudi Arabia and used plastic transparent folders to separate all the documents and this was accepted by the VAC here. I also put labels on each folder detailing the contents of each and also put a 'Table of Contents' on the top of the application.

buttercup88

Post by buttercup88 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:32 am

I'm just paper clipping mine and putting a sticky (post-it note) on the outside of each document saying what it is.

then i'm using a big paper clip to bind each section together (like relationship, bank stuff, etc).

on top I'm putting an itemized list of stuff.

I'm doing it this way so that if they want to inspect things closely, they dont have to deal with a staple or any contraptions.

fais79

Post by fais79 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks alot mate..

fais79

Post by fais79 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:08 pm

I've tried paper clipping mine and there is way too many documents therefore, need advice from someone on how they sent there paperwork via Gerrys in Pakistan?

I know you are not allowed to put them in a folder

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Put a hole in the top left hand corner of all the documents and then use a tag to hold them together. That way the ECO finds it easier to look through them without the need to seperate the documents.

As to wat dosc you will need read my article on page 217 of Spouse visa from Pakistan section,it will tell you all you need.

Furthermore it would be wise to post your posts in the above section, as you will then be in the same boat as the other people who post there.

buttercup88

Post by buttercup88 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:00 pm

fais79 wrote:I've tried paper clipping mine and there is way too many documents therefore, need advice from someone on how they sent there paperwork via Gerrys in Pakistan?

I know you are not allowed to put them in a folder

how many documents do you have???

for my application (from the eu), I've used around 30 paperclips.