ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependants applying from outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jason32
Member of Standing

Tier 2 dependants applying from outside UK

Post by jason32 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi Guyz,

I am applying for my wife and kids soon, I have a letter from my A-Rated employer saying they'll take care of funds and accomodation if necessary for the total amount of 2399 pounds.

My question is, do I still need to provide proof of accomodation? or is that letter sufficient enough if they are applying from Pakistan..but I've been in UK for about a yr.

Please reply asap coz they have appointment at embassy on 31st march.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:29 am

As per the HO Dependent guidance.. You are fine to go a head.. Page 10 Paragraph 46
Family member of a Tier 2 Migrant
45. The family member of the Tier 2 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.

46. This requirement can be met by:

having savings of £533 which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of • application; or
the Tier 2 A-rated sponsor providing a written undertaking that, should it become necessary, • it will maintain and accommodate the family member until the end of the first month of employment. The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £533 per family member.

kash1234
Newly Registered

Update on your dependant's application?

Post by kash1234 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi,

Just wondering what happened with your dependant's apps ultimately?

I am applying for my wife's visa soon. I am already in the UK. Just wondering if you can help out?

Did your family receive the dependant tier 2 visa ? What supporting documents did you finally submit? could you please elaborate on the letter your employer wrote? I want to know what info should be included. As its only my wife applying, can the liability be only for £533 and limited to 1 month? I am also going to send in my electric bill and rental agreement as proof of residence. Will that help do you think?

Thanks buddy!

Regards,

K