ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Dependant Visa - Processing times in India

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moron
Newly Registered

Work Permit Dependant Visa - Processing times in India

Post by moron » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi,

I'm currently on a Tier-1, but am planning to go to India to shift as a work permit dependant on my wife's visa. She is eligible to apply for ILR now, and being a dependant I can then apply for the ILR immediately to.

Anyone has any recent experience of getting a Work Permit Dependant visa in VFS India? How much time did it take? I'll be visiting the Delhi centre and need to plan my holidays/flights accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

diago_nelson

Re: Work Permit Dependant Visa - Processing times in India

Post by diago_nelson » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Processing times
moron wrote:Hi,

I'm currently on a Tier-1, but am planning to go to India to shift as a work permit dependant on my wife's visa. She is eligible to apply for ILR now, and being a dependant I can then apply for the ILR immediately to.

Anyone has any recent experience of getting a Work Permit Dependant visa in VFS India? How much time did it take? I'll be visiting the Delhi centre and need to plan my holidays/flights accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

moron
Newly Registered

Post by moron » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Good link. Thanks.

WP Dependant is not equal to settlement right? So I'd probably fall in the "Other Non-Settlement" category. Thanks again!

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Your welcome :)
Yes. WP dependent is under "Other Non-settlement" category.
All the best!
moron wrote:Good link. Thanks.

WP Dependant is not equal to settlement right? So I'd probably fall in the "Other Non-Settlement" category. Thanks again!

insomniac

Post by insomniac » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi,

Everyone's application is different, but I'll give you my experience. I've worked in the UK since early 2007 and recently was offered another job.

The lawyers for the new employer advised me to travel to India for the new Tier 2 visa since I could get an appointment in Delhi on the 4th, and the earliest one I could get in the UK was in Sheffield on the 16th.

So based on this advice I travelled down to Delhi. My application changed status about a week later and since then it has been 'under process'.

I'm surprised it's taken so long - my application should be straightforward, I've worked in the UK for 3 years, my sponsor is A rated, I have a PhD and Masters in maths from a top US university and loads of prior experience working in US among other places.

I would suggest, if possible, that you make your application in the UK itself.

Regards.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:35 pm

insomniac wrote:Hi,

Everyone's application is different, but I'll give you my experience. I've worked in the UK since early 2007 and recently was offered another job.

The lawyers for the new employer advised me to travel to India for the new Tier 2 visa since I could get an appointment in Delhi on the 4th, and the earliest one I could get in the UK was in Sheffield on the 16th.

So based on this advice I travelled down to Delhi. My application changed status about a week later and since then it has been 'under process'.

I'm surprised it's taken so long - my application should be straightforward, I've worked in the UK for 3 years, my sponsor is A rated, I have a PhD and Masters in maths from a top US university and loads of prior experience working in US among other places.

I would suggest, if possible, that you make your application in the UK itself.

Regards.
The OP's query is with regards to dependent EC application (changing from Tier 1 main to WP / Tier 2 dependent), so different from your case. Also, EC applications cannot be applied from within the UK.

regards