ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply HSMP extension 1 or 2 months before 1st visa expires?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunny158

Apply HSMP extension 1 or 2 months before 1st visa expires?

Post by sunny158 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:34 pm

1.0 On the www.workingintheuk.gov.uk webstie,there is a HSMP FAQ, the information 19 as follows:
"19.How do I apply for an extension to an existing HSMP permission or one close to expiry?
Extension applications must be submitted two months before your leave to remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant expires."

However, in the HSMP GUIDANCE FOR APPLICANTS,information 53 shows that" If you are a Highly Skilled Migrant you will, in the last month before the end of that period, be able to apply for permission to stay for an additional three years under HSMP:.

I can apply my HSMP extension 1 or 2 moths before my current visa expires? because the HSMP guidance show "last month", it seems unlike 2 months as HSMP FAQ indicates.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:25 am

They accept applications sent in 2 months in advance but no more than that. Check the sticky topic on extensions for details and feedback by other members

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:55 am

I think I should apply 2 months before my visa expires. home office gives 3 different information on websites(2 months), HSMP guidance(1 month), FLR form(5 weeks). However, many people just apply their extension 2 months before their current visas expire, it is not problem, cus Home office cannot deny it is their advice.