ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harishss
Newly Registered

Switching application

Post by harishss » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick question. I'm not PSW at the movement and it expires by September. Now the other options I could switch into are the Tier1 (HSMP) or the Tier 2.

But i haven't got master degree to apply for Tier1 as i've just got Bachelors only. Though i've been employeed for 16 months.

Is there still a chance on me getting into Tier1 or should I have to go through Tier2?

Thanks very much guys. I really appreciate your help!

ssharish

vks

Re: Switching application

Post by vks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:58 pm

harishss wrote:Hi all,

Just a quick question. I'm not PSW at the movement and it expires by September. Now the other options I could switch into are the Tier1 (HSMP) or the Tier 2.

But i haven't got master degree to apply for Tier1 as i've just got Bachelors only. Though i've been employeed for 16 months.

Is there still a chance on me getting into Tier1 or should I have to go through Tier2?

Thanks very much guys. I really appreciate your help!

ssharish
You may be able to move into Tier1, after April 6th, since the Bachelors have 30 points for new applicants then. But the earnings are increased substantially. You need to check the changes

Tier 2 is a good chance, if you have something lined up!
Regards,
vks

harishss
Newly Registered

Post by harishss » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:21 pm

I think I would be interested in applying to Tier1 instead of going on Tier2. Employer has agreed to apply one for me. I fact i'm switching from PSW to Tier2. The process seem to be a bit straight forward and applying for a initial Tier 2 application.

If I get 30 points for Tier1 from aprill 6th onward I get 75 points.

But i don't know how risky would that be. The reason I prefer Tier1 is have a flexibility is, I have an option of moving over employers and dont worry about the sponsorship.

Thanks guys.

ssharish

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:10 am

if you satisfy both tier 1 and tier 2 requirements, then you definitely should go for tier 1 as your hands wont be tied to 1 employer...

tier 1 is almost impossible for new graduates now (after 6 april) and more and more people/students are looking into tier 2 now.

regards