ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Students hit by college closures

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jbro
Newly Registered

Students hit by college closures

Post by Jbro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi,

My name is Jamil Hussein and I'm a student journalist. I'm doing research on genuine students that have been left stranded because the institutions they applied to, which had been accredited when they applied, lost its accreditation and subsequently closed.

I know this happened a lot before the governemnt clamped down on a lot of these bogus colleges. But are there still cases of genuine students being caught in the cross-fire?

For example, are there any Cambridge College of Learning students that had paid up for one of their bona fide courses (not the post graduates) but suffered because the college closed after parts of it were found to be fraudulent?

I'm just doing research on this issue for a potential pitch i have to write for a documentary. This is the news item i got the story from:

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/c ... 3A24%3A463

I need case studies of genuine students wronged by the system. If you can leave a message here or PM with your stories that would be great!

Cheers

Jamil

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Interesting :!:
On my tomb there will be...''I DIDN'T FORWARD THE TEXT TO 15 PEOPLE''

Tim555

Re: Students hit by college closures

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:47 am

Jbro wrote:Hi,

My name is Jamil Hussein and I'm a student journalist. I'm doing research on genuine students that have been left stranded because the institutions they applied to, which had been accredited when they applied, lost its accreditation and subsequently closed.

I know this happened a lot before the governemnt clamped down on a lot of these bogus colleges. But are there still cases of genuine students being caught in the cross-fire?

For example, are there any Cambridge College of Learning students that had paid up for one of their bona fide courses (not the post graduates) but suffered because the college closed after parts of it were found to be fraudulent?

I'm just doing research on this issue for a potential pitch i have to write for a documentary. This is the news item i got the story from:

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/c ... 3A24%3A463

I need case studies of genuine students wronged by the system. If you can leave a message here or PM with your stories that would be great!

Cheers

Jamil
Jamil Its !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DUPLICATE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.