ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Genuine students stranded

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jbro
Newly Registered

Genuine students stranded

Post by Jbro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi,

I'm journalist doing research on genuine students that have been left stranded because the institutions they applied to, which had been accredited when they applied, lost its accreditation and subsequently closed.

I know this happened a lot before the governemnt clamped down on a lot of these bogus colleges. But are there still cases of genuine students being caught in the cross-fire?

For example, are there any Cambridge College of Learning students that had paid up for one of their bona fide courses (not the post graduates) but suffered because the college closed after parts of it were found to be fraudulent?

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/c ... 3A24%3A463

I need case studies of genuine students wronged by the system. If you can leave a message here or PM with your stories that would be great!

Cheers

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Perhaps you should give your name and work email, but end the address dot co dot uk or whatever it is. No name is on the article.

Jbro
Newly Registered

Post by Jbro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi,

My name is Jamil Hussein and I'm a student journalist. I'm just doing research on this issue for a potential pitch i have to write for a documentary - hence i need case studies of genuine students that just caught up.

That East London isn't my article by the way. I found out about the story from that article.

Cheers

Jamil

Jbro
Newly Registered

Post by Jbro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Also...

What happens to genuine students that find their college lose accreditation and/or close? Are they compensated in any way?

When Cambridge College of Learning shut down, the Home Office accepted that there were other bona fide courses being offered there and genuine students. What happened to them after the college closed? Did they get any help?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:09 am

PaperPusher wrote:Perhaps you should give your name and work email, but end the address dot co dot uk or whatever it is. No name is on the article.
What would you do with his name or email address with dot com dot uk?
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Re: Genuine students stranded

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:09 am

Jbro wrote:Hi,

I'm journalist doing research on genuine students that have been left stranded because the institutions they applied to, which had been accredited when they applied, lost its accreditation and subsequently closed.

I know this happened a lot before the governemnt clamped down on a lot of these bogus colleges. But are there still cases of genuine students being caught in the cross-fire?

For example, are there any Cambridge College of Learning students that had paid up for one of their bona fide courses (not the post graduates) but suffered because the college closed after parts of it were found to be fraudulent?

I need case studies of genuine students wronged by the system. If you can leave a message here or PM with your stories that would be great!

Cheers
Nice artical mate.
Carry on.

Cheers
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Genuine students stranded

Post by dima » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Jbro wrote:Hi,

Cheers
As a matter of fact, there are very few genuine students( out here. I have noticed / met students who come here just to work NOT to study. :shock:
So, UKBA has made many chages in nthe Tier4 to curb these kind of approach by the foreign students.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....