ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Ramy90 wrote:
yarons wrote:something weird is going on. I just rang the register office of the nearby council (the same one who told me they were instructed not to accept anyone from another district) and this time they said it was fine and I could have my ceremony there on 21/04.

It was not the same lady who I spoke to yesterday and the person who gave me the information did say that the lady who deals with this is on leave but they also said it should not be a problem. I did not mention my conversation yesterday and I feel I may have made a mistake there.

In any case, they are sending me an email confirming that I'm on the 21st April date and have asked me to ask my council to send them the certificate.

Weird....
i think that lady didn't bother to book the appointment, but anyway hopefully your ceremony will go through this time.
I have a question, from your speech it seems like we can change the ceremony council which we put in the application form even after the invitation letter was issued by the home office! is that correct?
That is correct. I have got the invitation letter from my original council and it seems I can book the ceremony at a nearby council.

My worry though is that the letter does say that i have to contact my council and set a date for the ceremony within 14 days of the date of the approval letter. The 14 days are up on Wednesday and if I cancel my current date there is no way the certification will get to the nearby council in time and they even said they won't be able to send me the invitation letter before Easter. I'm starting to think that messing about with dates and councils is unsafe. There is also a risk that once the lady who deals with the ceremonies comes back from holiday she would reject me again and send my certificate back to my original council.

I would just go to the private one on Monday. £140 is a lot of money but worth the peace of mind, I think. At least I'll get my passport sooner :)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:23 pm

yarons wrote:something weird is going on. I just rang the register office of the nearby council (the same one who told me they were instructed not to accept anyone from another district) and this time they said it was fine and I could have my ceremony there on 21/04.

It was not the same lady who I spoke to yesterday and the person who gave me the information did say that the lady who deals with this is on leave but they also said it should not be a problem. I did not mention my conversation yesterday and I feel I may have made a mistake there.

In any case, they are sending me an email confirming that I'm on the 21st April date and have asked me to ask my council to send them the certificate.

Weird....
These council people are very weird always have different views and wrong information.

While applying my Citizenship something really weird happend with me.

My local coucil refused to book my appointment for NCS just because my ILR was not 12 month old. I rang them up couple of times and explained the immigration ( UKBA Citizenship ) rules that 12 months ILR is NOT a condition for all those who are married to British Citizen and settled in UK from last 3 years ( or more than 3 years ).
They did not hear me simple ignored. I sent my application through other council and sent my complain to OISC. Now investigation is in process. Let see.

In future make a habbit while calling councils make sure you call more than 2 times and ask same thing from more than 2 people to get proper and correct information.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

freddfrog

Re: HOW MUCH MORE WAIT ??????????????????????????????????

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:15 pm

citizen1000 wrote:A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE ON MY APPLICATION ON 16/03/2010 & HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING AS YET.
CALLED MY COUNCIL TODAY AS THEY RECEIVE THEIR DELIVERY FROM HOME OFFICE ON EVERY FRIDAY, BUT THE COUNCIL SAID THAT THEY WERE EXPECTING TO GET ABOUT 60 CERTIFICATES THIS FRIDAY BUT DID NOT RECEIVE ANY BECAUSE OF DISRUPTION CAUSED BY THE STRIKE OF HOME OFFICE.
I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE WAIT ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
That would certainly explain why my council also said that they didn't receive their normal certificate deliveries from HO today!

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:59 am

Any updates guys ( Brightest Star )?

No updates from my side. Just recieved the post, no UKBA letter. May be sometime during or end of next week.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:18 pm

yarons wrote:
Ramy90 wrote:

Weird....
i think that lady didn't bother to book the appointment, but anyway hopefully your ceremony will go through this time.
I have a question, from your speech it seems like we can change the ceremony council which we put in the application form even after the invitation letter was issued by the home office! is that correct?
That is correct. I have got the invitation letter from my original council and it seems I can book the ceremony at a nearby council.

My worry though is that the letter does say that i have to contact my council and set a date for the ceremony within 14 days of the date of the approval letter. The 14 days are up on Wednesday and if I cancel my current date there is no way the certification will get to the nearby council in time and they even said they won't be able to send me the invitation letter before Easter. I'm starting to think that messing about with dates and councils is unsafe. There is also a risk that once the lady who deals with the ceremonies comes back from holiday she would reject me again and send my certificate back to my original council.

I would just go to the private one on Monday. £140 is a lot of money but worth the peace of mind, I think. At least I'll get my passport sooner :)
Totally agree, it is not worth messing with these kind of things. i have very bad experience with councils as well, just beware of them everybody.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Tim555 wrote:Any updates guys ( Brightest Star )?

No updates from my side. Just recieved the post, no UKBA letter. May be sometime during or end of next week.

Regards,
Tim Bhai.....nothing yet bhai..........have 2 wait until Monday or some day next week

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:32 am

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:Any updates guys ( Brightest Star )?

Regards,
Tim Bhai.....nothing yet bhai..........have 2 wait until Monday or some day next week
Hope for the best bahi. I'm expecting it by the end of month or on 1st april. What do you say bro? Oh I contacted UKBA on friday. I got their advise on address changing. They advised the decision is aleady made on my application so I can change the address It would not effect the decision. So I changed it now I've given my Office address. Let see when I get the good news.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:35 am

chzishan wrote:Finally I got my Passport today and that is the end of my journey:

Thanks for your support and pray

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 28/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 29/01/2010
CRITERIA: (4 Year HSMP+ 1 Year ILR Back Dated)
Date of debit of Card : 02/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 06/02/2010 (Dated:02/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 06/03/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 09/03/2010

Date of passport application : 09/03/2010
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 22/03/2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: 26/03/2010
Congrats :P

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:36 am

freddfrog wrote:
citizen1000 wrote:A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE ON MY APPLICATION ON 16/03/2010 & HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING AS YET.
CALLED MY COUNCIL TODAY AS THEY RECEIVE THEIR DELIVERY FROM HOME OFFICE ON EVERY FRIDAY, BUT THE COUNCIL SAID THAT THEY WERE EXPECTING TO GET ABOUT 60 CERTIFICATES THIS FRIDAY BUT DID NOT RECEIVE ANY BECAUSE OF DISRUPTION CAUSED BY THE STRIKE OF HOME OFFICE.
I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE WAIT ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
That would certainly explain why my council also said that they didn't receive their normal certificate deliveries from HO today!
Any update from your side freddfrog?

kindley

Post by kindley » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 am

Brightest S, Tim and everyone still expecting, I suspect you'll get your 2 letters this week...I believe it won't be long now.

Wish you all the best.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:03 pm

Tim555 wrote:
freddfrog wrote:
Not yet Tim, will ring council again on Monday lunchtime. If it still isn't there then it's 2-weeks tomorrow and the approval letter said ring UKBA if it hasn't arrived by then.

Let's hope it's just the strikes that have slightly delayed the certificates and letters.

kindley

Post by kindley » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:58 pm

freddfrog wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
freddfrog wrote:
Not yet Tim, will ring council again on Monday lunchtime. If it still isn't there then it's 2-weeks tomorrow and the approval letter said ring UKBA if it hasn't arrived by then.

Let's hope it's just the strikes that have slightly delayed the certificates and letters.
Hello freddfrog,

Could you please tell me what your first letter sounds like?

Regards

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:49 pm

sounds like ribbit?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:52 pm

mochyn wrote:sounds like ribbit?
Ribbit or RABBIT??? :P

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:12 pm

kindley wrote:
freddfrog wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
freddfrog wrote:

Hello freddfrog,

Regards
Hi Kindley,,
--In 1st letter UKBA inform the approval of application. &
--In 2nd letter they advise applicant to arrange an appointment with council for ceremony. &

--2in1 letter is where UKBA inform approval of application and advise to contact local council for ceremony.

Who gets 1st and 2nd letter:
Applicants who dont apply through NCS. Who send original documents.

Who gets 2 in 1 letter:
Applicants who apply through NCS. They get 2in1 letter, where UKBA inform them the approval of application and advise them to contact local council for ceremony appointment.

kindley

Post by kindley » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
freddfrog wrote:
Tim555 wrote: Any update from your side freddfrog?

Hello freddfrog,

Regards
Hi Kindley,,
--In 1st letter UKBA inform the approval of application. &
--In 2nd letter they advise applicant to arrange an appointment with council for ceremony. &

--2in1 letter is where UKBA inform approval of application and advise to contact local council for ceremony.

Who gets 1st and 2nd letter:
Applicants who dont apply through NCS. Who send original documents.

Who gets 2 in 1 letter:
Applicants who apply through NCS. They get 2in1 letter, where UKBA inform them the approval of application and advise them to contact local council for ceremony appointment.
Hi Freddfrog,

I know what you mean...but do you have to wait for 2 weeks before contacting the council?

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:08 am

Hi kindley. Basically, first letter stated that I received approval and a second letter will be following inviting me to a ceremony. It asked me not to ring the council until I receive the second letter.

It then goes on to say that I should received the letter within 2-weeks of the date of the first letter and if not, to ring UKBA so that they can send another copy by post. Presumably because it's likely to have got lost if it takes longer than 2-weeks.

We now know that the strikes may have delayed both UKBA posting letters out and HO sending certificates to councils.

It did say don't ring the council but my register office has been very helpful and asked me to ring again tomorrow to check whether they received delivery of certificates and if mine is within that batch. They more or less implied that if my certificate is there that I could book the ceremony regardless of receipt of the invitation letter from UKBA.

I'm hoping it is there as I want to make the 8th April ceremony. I've taken the day off work in anticipation and so that I can get my passport application sent of on the same day I have my ceremony.

Fingers crossed! :)

kindley

Post by kindley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 am

Freddfrfrog,

Thanks for clarification.

I am quite surprised the length of time it's taking the "second" letter to arrive. 2nd class letters normallly arrive within 5 days, the strike was 2 days so should have arrived at most 7 working days.

Let's hope letters are delivered soon.

To those still waiting for approval, good luck.

Regards

freddfrog wrote:Hi kindley. Basically, first letter stated that I received approval and a second
letter will be following inviting me to a ceremony. It asked me not to ring the council until I receive the second letter.

It then goes on to say that I should received the letter within 2-weeks of the date of the first letter and if not, to ring UKBA so that they can send another copy by post. Presumably because it's likely to have got lost if it takes longer than 2-weeks.

We now know that the strikes may have delayed both UKBA posting letters out and HO sending certificates to councils.

It did say don't ring the council but my register office has been very helpful and asked me to ring again tomorrow to check whether they received delivery of certificates and if mine is within that batch. They more or less implied that if my certificate is there that I could book the ceremony regardless of receipt of the invitation letter from UKBA.

I'm hoping it is there as I want to make the 8th April ceremony. I've taken the day off work in anticipation and so that I can get my passport application sent of on the same day I have my ceremony.

Fingers crossed! :)

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:37 am

UPDATE:

Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 25/03/2010 (letter dated 17/03)
Date of ceremony: 29/03/2010 (Private)

My journey is nearly over. Thank you everyone for your wishes and support.
Will continue to update you on my passport application.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I'm sure you will all have good news to share with us very soon.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:38 am

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. I rang UKBA they said decision letter has been posted on last friday 26th March. Today I checked post other came in. May be tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Any updates from your sides ( Brightest Star bahi )?

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:42 pm

yarons wrote:UPDATE:

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I'm sure you will all have good news to share with us very soon.
That's great to hear Yarons, private ceremony nice and quick? I think it's just you and the registrar isn't it?

Just an update with mine. Register office still hasn't received their batch of certificates they were expecting last Friday. Apparently, courier tried to deliver when they were closed!

They arrange re-delivery tomorrow when they are open and got told to ring again lunchtime tomorrow. Not sure if my invitation letter is waiting for me maybe at home as no one is at home today to check.

Register office is apparently waiting to book the ceremony with a few people whose certificate should be with this batch - fingers crossed one of them is mine! :)

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 pm

freddfrog wrote:
yarons wrote:UPDATE:

That's great to hear Yarons, private ceremony nice and quick? I think it's just you and the registrar isn't it?

Just an update with mine. Register office still hasn't received their batch of certificates they were expecting last Friday. Apparently, courier tried to deliver when they were closed!

They arrange re-delivery tomorrow when they are open and got told to ring again lunchtime tomorrow. Not sure if my invitation letter is waiting for me maybe at home as no one is at home today to check.

Register office is apparently waiting to book the ceremony with a few people whose certificate should be with this batch - fingers crossed one of them is mine! :)
Yes, it was just the register and me in this huge room which was really set up for a big ceremony holding 50-60 people. It was rather strange hearing the speech done just for me. It was nice and quick. no more than 10 minutes I would say.

londonwale
Newly Registered

8 working days ...

Post by londonwale » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 pm

hi all me and my friend applied for tier 1 exactly on march 5th and we got the pasport back with stamping for 3 years by 17th march with one public holiday in between.. it tool exactly eight working days ...

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:45 pm

The home office received my application on the 24th and they haven't even taken the money out until today. :!:

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:42 pm

My application's timelines

NCS or Postal: NCS Northampton
Date of submission or posting: 18 March 2010
Received at HO: 19 March 2010
CRITERIA - 4 yr HSMP, 1 year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 25 March 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 29 March 2010
Date of receipt of approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending
Date of appln. for passport: Pending