ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

brithish citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imanebibi
Newly Registered

brithish citizen

Post by imanebibi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:57 pm

i'v got indefinite to and have been leaving here for 3years i need to apply for naturralisation as a brithish citizen but some people says that i can do you nkwo any thing about this situatin? because i'm :?

Tim555

Re: brithish citizen

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:43 am

imanebibi wrote:i'v got indefinite to and have been leaving here for 3years i need to apply for naturralisation as a brithish citizen but some people says that i can do you nkwo any thing about this situatin? because i'm :?
You should not wait 12 month after ILR. You can straightaway apply now. I were in same situation. Last month I applied now UKBA has made decision on my application just waiting for their decision letter.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:08 am

imanebibi, I am confused, especially about your other post. So I ask, are you married to (or in Civil Partnership with) a British Citizen?

I am also wondering how you got ILR after 3 years?
John

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:51 am

John wrote:imanebibi, I am confused, especially about your other post. So I ask, are you married to (or in Civil Partnership with) a British Citizen?

And I am wondering if you have passed the Life in the UK test?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm

mochyn wrote:
John wrote:imanebibi, I am confused, especially about your other post. So I ask, are you married to (or in Civil Partnership with) a British Citizen?

And I am wondering if you have passed the Life in the UK test?
I guess he/she has already Life in UK CERTIFICATE because he/she has ILR ( recently got ). I'm having impression he/she is married to british citizen.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm having impression he/she is married to british citizen.
You might be right, but we dare not assume. Why? because they might have got a spouse visa because they are married to someone with ILR, and not someone with British Citizenship.
John

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 pm

John wrote:
I'm having impression he/she is married to british citizen.
You might be right, but we dare not assume. Why? because they might have got a spouse visa because they are married to someone with ILR, and not someone with British Citizenship.
True that's the point. In that case 3 year rule would not apply but he/she has to explain the partner's detail ( ILR holder or british/EC national ).