ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To all in-country applicants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

headmaster
Newly Registered

To all in-country applicants

Post by headmaster » Sat May 29, 2004 1:32 pm

Just a note to all in-country applicants

From the topics discussed here, there is an assumption that: if we receive our documents from HSMP team minus passports = HSMP approved

This not true, Initially i've received documents back and after 4 weeks i got the passports back.

a. My HSMP application refused
b. In-country team rejected my application for variation of LTR
c. As my current WP valid till 2008, they stated that due to this, i don't have to leave the country till 2008.
d. They put a underline on my visa expiry date on passport.

User

Post by User » Sat May 29, 2004 2:31 pm

Just a note for you - the underline in the current visa stamp in your passport can give you a problem in future when you go for ILR.

This is from a case of one of my past collegues.

He applied for HSMP visa and got it refused. At that time thy put an underline in his then current WP Leave to remain stamp.

Then he applied for HSMP again (as a new application) with more relevant information and got the HSMP stamp.

Things wre OK until he went for ILR last year (he got it before me though :-))

On scaning his passport, the ofice said his case was fine because he had spent the total eligible years for ILR but they saw that underline mark in earlier WP LTR stamp and sai that it meant he had been refused a visa sometime in his past stay in the UK and hence it broke his continuity of 4 years.

He had to shed all evidence and discuss with them for hours and then finally he made the officer to understand that the underline was because he was refused a HSMP initally for lack of relevant documents and that he had applied again for HSMP with more information and was granted teh HSMP based on that. So the previous underline remained in his past WP LTR visa.

The office understood the case and he got it ensured that he did not leave UK at that time for even a singe day and granted him the ILR.

It is all OK now - but he had to go through that UGLY argument and headache to make the office understand his case and that underline mark.

They realised that the underline should have been either removed or some appropriate fact noted there. by the case worker... but unfortunately the officer who granter the HSMP in the second time did not care or do anything to sort out that underline mark that was put while refusing the earlier HSMP application.

From my own experiences and instances like these, I find that the whole immigration department is in a severe mess and that the officers have very little knowledge of what they are doing or supposed to do.

I am surprised that an immigrant and/or an applicant has to explain the UK immigration rules and processes to UK immigration officers/case workers (like removing or sorting out the underline on LTR,etc.)

Anyways... hope this will help you and others.

regards.

headmaster
Newly Registered

Post by headmaster » Sat May 29, 2004 3:11 pm

Thanks for the valuable information. This info will help all in-country applicants having this issue. I have to be more careful with proper supporting documents at the time of ILR

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Sun May 30, 2004 1:13 pm

:( , So... Documents-passport does'nt mean that we had crossed HSMP hurdle.

TF