ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snow

Maintenance

Post by snow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Dear all

Please can someone clarify me on maitenance , I am applying from inside the london no dependence how much do i need to show as maitenance is it 800 pounds or 7200 please help me.

Thank You

hhassann1980
Newly Registered

sgvdsg

Post by hhassann1980 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:53 pm

8dfgvsdg
Last edited by hhassann1980 on Sun May 23, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sabishum
Newly Registered

maintenance

Post by sabishum » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:36 pm

hi, i am really confused right now. my visa is finishing on 31st march. my college has refused me to give the CAS letter because of the maintenance funds were not correct. i am studying MBA and i have finished my first term. i went to the college to ask them the requirements and they never informed me before that there is new rule. i wanted to know if the college has the right to do that. and i also have a joint account, in that account i do have the required funds but i am not sure if i can use this account. can some one please guide me if i can use the joint account or not? my father just passed away and because of this my maintenance funds were a little bit short. on the UKBA website it also says that for any political or any social reason if the funds are short so we do understand and we do not refuse it. so i am really confused. please can someone reply me ASAP

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:27 pm

sabishum, I am not at all sure the college can without the CAS because they perceive the maintenance test might be failed. Having said that, given that there are costs involved with each CAS issued, if they perceive that the Tier 4 visa application will fail, they would not want to waste money unnecessarily.

Have you mentioned the additional information to the college?
John

sabishum
Newly Registered

maintenance

Post by sabishum » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:55 pm

well yes i have explained everything to them but still they say no. my whole carer will be messed up.i do not know what to do now. what about the joint account i have one over here? i do have enough funds and maintained. what i wanted to know is that can i use this joint account or not to show the maintenance funds?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:08 pm

The joint account, the other account holder(s)?

Are all of the funds in the account genuinely available to you?
John

sabishum
Newly Registered

maintenance

Post by sabishum » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:24 pm

yes the funds are available for me to use at any time. i have saved this money for any fee or anything which comes all of a sudden. i have been saving this money and plus the other money which is in my account for around 2 years plus. my dad use to support me and send me some extras as well. so the other person is my friend. so please advice me

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:26 pm

I am struggling to understand why you would have a joint account with a friend. Is this someone you are romantically linked to?

Anyway, I think your best way forward is to contact an immigration adviser professionally and attempt to get that adviser to contact the college and hopefully convince them that the maintenance matter will not a negative issue, as regards getting a new Tier 4 visa.

Other opinions very welcome on this matter.
John