ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moderator: Do you think they will cap citizenship?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GSOtodd

Moderator: Do you think they will cap citizenship?

Post by GSOtodd » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:24 pm

You hear migration watch and other back benchers like Frank Fields, Lord Carey, etc wanting to not limit the number of work permits but place a cap of 40,000 to 50,000 on the number of people who want to apply to stay permanately. Do you think this will happen? I'm due for ILR in either January 2011 or Summer and I really don't want anything like that to prevent me from doing this after all I've gone through. If they did something like that, do you think there would be transitional arrangments?
Andy

vks

Re: Moderator: Do you think they will cap citizenship?

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 pm

GSOtodd wrote:You hear migration watch and other back benchers like Frank Fields, Lord Carey, etc wanting to not limit the number of work permits but place a cap of 40,000 to 50,000 on the number of people who want to apply to stay permanately. Do you think this will happen? I'm due for ILR in either January 2011 or Summer and I really don't want anything like that to prevent me from doing this after all I've gone through. If they did something like that, do you think there would be transitional arrangments?
http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/Whe ... ation.aspx

which is what I was stating in my previous post.

There may be sweeping changes in the mid of 2011, so you should get through
Regards,
vks

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Ok, I understand that they want to cap the numbe of work permits. Can you give me a general idea regarding "sweeping changes". Do you think the cap will be just on work permits "coming INTO the country"?
Andy

vks

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:45 pm

GSOtodd wrote:Ok, I understand that they want to cap the numbe of work permits. Can you give me a general idea regarding "sweeping changes". Do you think the cap will be just on work permits "coming INTO the country"?
]]}

Read through How will earned citizenship work?
Regards,
vks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Best person to ask would be the Tory candidate in your area.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:48 pm

My crystal ball is at the menders.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 pm

We could hope that Tory will wait until July-11. However if Labour wins than 200% they will wait until July-11. Use you vote wisely.

The only thing we could predict is that new point system for BC will be very very tough who ever wins the next election.