ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correct Application Form(Tier 2 Gen)?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arjun_123

Correct Application Form(Tier 2 Gen)?

Post by Arjun_123 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi All,

i am applying for Tier 2 general visa in this week(probably on 2nd April). can you send me the link or PDF file for appropriate VISA Application Form please?

also i wanted to know ,if i apply on or before 5th april will my application be decided according to the new rules or the current rules? excuce me if my questions sound silly...but i wanted to be very clear before i apply. :?

Many Thanks in advance.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:49 pm

if you manage to post your application before 6th of april (only when sending via royal mail) then you will be assessed under old rules. Mind you, this is a bank holiday weekend and you may struggle to find open royal mail post office so keep that in mind when posting

regards

vks

Re: Correct Application Form(Tier 2 Gen)?

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Arjun_123 wrote:Hi All,

i am applying for Tier 2 general visa in this week(probably on 2nd April). can you send me the link or PDF file for appropriate VISA Application Form please?

also i wanted to know ,if i apply on or before 5th april will my application be decided according to the new rules or the current rules? excuce me if my questions sound silly...but i wanted to be very clear before i apply. :?

Many Thanks in advance.
Tier 2 - for applications made inside the UK
Regards,
vks

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:47 am

Hmm, i just realised i need to post my application on this thursday at any cost..coz Friday and monday are holidays!!!

Thank you very much for your support guys...Cheers.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Many Thanks in advance.

well its bank holidays of EASTER from 2nd april to 5th april. so if u send your application even on 1st april with next day delivery, u will still fall in after 6th april category

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:03 pm

mt_dilber wrote:

Many Thanks in advance.

well its bank holidays of EASTER from 2nd april to 5th april. so if u send your application even on 1st april with next day delivery, u will still fall in after 6th april category
Thats why send it via ROYAL MAIL and NOT courier service. The date of the postage will be the one that will show that your app must be determined under old rules. Also, mention it in your covering letter that your app should be assessed under old rules. becuse it is likely that your app will be received after 6 April but you want to make sure that caseworker realises that you posted it well before 6th april

regards

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:01 pm

arsenal49, thank you very much buddy.. i never thought of it like that.. and also can you tell me if there is anything else that i should mention in my covering letter(anything in general really)?

if there is any format for covering letter..also please share it. thank you very much everybody..this forum rocks......cheers

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:28 pm

in your covering letter you should:

1) start by saying that you believe you have enough points and should be awarded visa.

2)then go on to list how many points you are claiming in each category. e.g. earnings: 25 k, points claiming: xx
qualification: Bachelors, points claiming: xx
etc.

3)Then proceed to tell caseworker that you have supplied all the documents. if you have supplied more documents than requested, e.g translation of birth certificate(just for an example's sake), mention it here as well.

4)Then mention about rules being changed blah blah and that you have submitted your app on xyz date but since it is a bank holiday weekend, delivery could be delayed. So, please, assess my application under old rules.

5)Than finally "thank in advance" the caseworker for taking time to process your application and say "do not hesitate to contact me" if you require further clarification.

6) Make sure, email address, postal address, telephone/mob number, Name as in passport, is mentioned in your covering letter.

People have written their own versions of covering letter and a quick search on this forum will bring up ew templates. Go through all of them and tailor your personal covering letter accordingly.

There is no right or wrong way to write a covering letter, mind you.

This is what i would do if i was in your shoes.

Kind regards

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:24 pm

Brilliant...Thank you very much Mate...this is very very helpful to me ,i really appreciate your detailed answer and Patience..i will keep you gyus updated....Good Luck Everybody..and wish me the same :) :)