ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Jbro wrote:My name is Jamil and I'm a student journalist. I'm doing research on genuine students that have been left stranded because the institutions they applied to, which had been accredited when they applied, lost its accreditation and subsequently closed.

I have read this thread with interest and it seems a lot of you genuinly studied for postgraduate courses but cannot get PSW visas becuase parts of LCPS were deemed to be bogus.

I have read the plight of raja, smartee and flashman's friend with interest. Can any of you guys tell me your particular story? Do you feel cheated by the system (i.e the government) or is what happened out of their hands (i.e due to bogus colleges)?

Also, where there other courses at LCPS aside from postgraduates? What happened to the students that were studying there when the college closed; did they lose their money and get no qualification?

I'm just doing research on this issue to see whether there is a story here and whether it's a widespread problem. I.e is the British system being unfair to foreign students

You can leave messages here or PM me.

Hope things work out for you guys!
Jbro,
A correction LCPS is closed but not lost its accredation.
Well,u read all the thread and story is very clear and same just different names.
What u understand so far ?

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Jbro wrote:My name is Jamil and I'm a student journalist. I'm doing research on genuine students that have been left stranded because the institutions they applied to, which had been accredited when they applied, lost its accreditation and subsequently closed.

I have read this thread with interest and it seems a lot of you genuinly studied for postgraduate courses but cannot get PSW visas becuase parts of LCPS were deemed to be bogus.

I have read the plight of raja, smartee and flashman's friend with interest. Can any of you guys tell me your particular story? Do you feel cheated by the system (i.e the government) or is what happened out of their hands (i.e due to bogus colleges)?

Also, where there other courses at LCPS aside from postgraduates? What happened to the students that were studying there when the college closed; did they lose their money and get no qualification?

I'm just doing research on this issue to see whether there is a story here and whether it's a widespread problem. I.e is the British system being unfair to foreign students

You can leave messages here or PM me.

Hope things work out for you guys!
My guess is you are just taking the piss.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Jbro
Newly Registered

Post by Jbro » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Raja..

What i know so far: As i understand most of you have completed a postgraduate degree but because Home Office deem LCFS to be bogus, they have rejected your rights to get PSW visas.

I basically need case studies for a documentary pitch. You don't have to give your real names or anything. I just need "human interest" stories for the pitch. If anyone can help me, then please PM me.

Also how come they are still accredited despite being closed??

I found out about the issue when i read this:

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/c ... 3A24%3A463

And Pakhtoon, it'd be quite tragic if the only way i could amuse myself on a Sunday evening was to "take the piss" on a random message board. This is a genuine question and project.

Cheers all

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:55 pm

All LCPS and CCL students please dont contact or give your story to JBRO on this forum it will weak your case in media

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am

Jbro wrote:Thanks for getting back to me Raja..

What i know so far: As i understand most of you have completed a postgraduate degree but because Home Office deem LCFS to be bogus, they have rejected your rights to get PSW visas.

I basically need case studies for a documentary pitch. You don't have to give your real names or anything. I just need "human interest" stories for the pitch. If anyone can help me, then please PM me.

Also how come they are still accredited despite being closed??

I found out about the issue when i read this:

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/c ... 3A24%3A463

And Pakhtoon, it'd be quite tragic if the only way i could amuse myself on a Sunday evening was to "take the piss" on a random message board. This is a genuine question and project.

Cheers all
JBRO,
The news papers u are refering in above is dated 28Jan2010,Firstly it does not say any thing about the probelm we got. It is abt foreign students and college closures.Our case has no such link with this matter. LCPS is closed but Home Office did not refuse our cases bcaz college is closed but they doubt the originality of course and our PG Dips.
But still if it amuses u or u really interested to help international genuine studnets then help those who got in UK first time and find they have no college to study and they left no where to go even being paying huge amount of money for tuition, U know what i mean, Im referring to the link u posted here. That's a good topic to search for.........
Secondly as this news is published on28Jan2010 and you all in sudden realised that u got something phenomenal to share and u posted it after 2 months.

As you are alleging to be a journalist and you need some stories for ur documentary,go and look for Inflation,Human traffickin,Stock Exchange surges,Environmental issues,etc..
Why u after LCPS which u cant even name properly(LCFS)?
Dont undermine ur profession and also people are not very happy here already,they are frustrated,dont want any Conjurer to come and make this forum as a source of getting story for his documentary which is very absurd.

Jbro
Newly Registered

Post by Jbro » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Oh boy! why the resistance chaps?!

Ok ajmal, i'm trying to help foreign students by highlighting this. If the government is really being unfair on foreign students, then it needs to be highlighted - that's what journalists do! This is just for research now. Nothing will be shown or published. I'm just doing research to see whether the story "has legs" . Nothing will be done without anyones permission.

raja..i am covering those international students that come here but find there college closed. But i am also trying to see whether there are other issues. Like i said, this is research and hence you try and see everything out there.

journalists cover many stories...i have chosen to cover this and not inflation etc. Because this issue is generally ignored by the media. Media sees foreigners and immigrants pejoratively and i'm trying to change that.

I'm not trying to frustrate or give false hopes to anyone. People can choose to talk to me, or not. I'm not forcing anyone. Nor am i belittling anyone's situation. I just want genuine stories of injustice. If you're not genuine (that's probably why i'm getting the resistance from some folks), then don't worry, i don't want to talk to you.

And by the way, Raja. I apologise for spelling LCPS wrong; it's a typo on my part. Reading your posts i see it's an affliction you suffer from too (aside from the gross grammatical errors too) despite being a post grad student.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:47 am

Jbro wrote:Oh boy! why the resistance chaps?!

Ok ajmal, i'm trying to help foreign students by highlighting this. If the government is really being unfair on foreign students, then it needs to be highlighted - that's what journalists do! This is just for research now. Nothing will be shown or published. I'm just doing research to see whether the story "has legs" . Nothing will be done without anyones permission.

raja..i am covering those international students that come here but find there college closed. But i am also trying to see whether there are other issues. Like i said, this is research and hence you try and see everything out there.

journalists cover many stories...i have chosen to cover this and not inflation etc. Because this issue is generally ignored by the media. Media sees foreigners and immigrants pejoratively and i'm trying to change that.

I'm not trying to frustrate or give false hopes to anyone. People can choose to talk to me, or not. I'm not forcing anyone. Nor am i belittling anyone's situation. I just want genuine stories of injustice. If you're not genuine (that's probably why i'm getting the resistance from some folks), then don't worry, i don't want to talk to you.

And by the way, Raja. I apologise for spelling LCPS wrong; it's a typo on my part. Reading your posts i see it's an affliction you suffer from too (aside from the gross grammatical errors too) despite being a post grad student.
This is probably the wrong thread to look for geniune students in as this college was shut down for being bogus . Many of these bogus colleges popped up in which no one actually studies at them , they work full time then buy their diplomas .

Raja despite being a highly educated student seems to think London is spelt Lodnon .. also look at his posts in which he talks abouts sending his uncle to see if the college was closed :roll: . Also note all posts by "Smartee" who is another student from this college .......

Jbro , many students are having troubles and being exploited but LCPS is certainly not a case of that . Good luck with your research sir :)
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

Jbro
Newly Registered

Post by Jbro » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Cheers, SBT_Owner

I was wondering why i was getting so much resistance, now i know why!

Yep. I'm only seeking justice for genuine students fleeced... not bogus ones!

Thanks

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:25 am

Jbro wrote:Cheers, SBT_Owner

Thanks
Mr Justice,
I am sure you gonna buzz off now as your wonder is over.

Jbro
Newly Registered

Post by Jbro » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:51 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
Jbro wrote:Cheers, SBT_Owner

Thanks
Mr Justice,
I am sure you gonna buzz off now as your wonder is over.
..no, no. I'm still here, trying to research and cover the plight of GENUINE students. I just won't be speaking to charlatans (look that word up in the dictionary) like you...

enjoyuklife
Newly Registered

please call me.

Post by enjoyuklife » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:53 am

hi
can somebody relating to lcps case call me.
prat

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Tue May 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Hey Smartee and Raja,

Is there any update about the case?

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm

newmoon wrote:Hey Smartee and Raja,

Is there any update about the case?
Well,nothing significant here. What abt u?

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Wed May 26, 2010 1:03 pm

NOHING MUCH... HO HAVE REJECTED TIER 1 (GENERAL) APPLICATION FOR THOSE WHO GOT PSW FROM LCPS.
SO ITS GETTING WORSE....

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:22 am

Hi

I got a news that the lead case is on the 14th June. Is that true.... ????

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:38 am

newmoon wrote:Hi

NO idea, how do u know this news?
Well,it is good if it is true. Will publish the lead case on AIT website like they did with CCL?

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:32 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
newmoon wrote:Hi

NO idea, how do u know this news?
Well,it is good if it is true. Will publish the lead case on AIT website like they did with CCL?

Any news guys? on test or in general?

vicky1234
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:56 am

any update from LCPS student? I have got the mobile number of one of the administrator of LCPS.....do anyone need it?

dost halepoto

yes plz

Post by dost halepoto » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:48 pm

can you please give me dat mobile number and by da way did you try to contact him

newmoon

ANY UPDATES

Post by newmoon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:05 pm

HI GUYS

ANY UPDATES ABT THE HEARING.

rajamahmood85

LCPS PSW

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:53 am

Hey
Did anyone get any result from appeal?

I have not heard anything from any one here for over a year. It seems to me either case is failed or you have just given it up.

relax
Newly Registered

No Update

Post by relax » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:09 am

I haven't heard anything yet.

Have you got any letter from HO or Court.

When is your case is coming for hearing.

Others whoever is watching this thread and have the same problem please share with us.

Thanks

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Guy's why don't you join forces and then face Govt., I guess it will be easy for you guys to win.

fareeth
Newly Registered

Post by fareeth » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:22 am

[quote="tall_funky"]Guy's why don't you join forces and then face Govt., I guess it will be easy for you guys to win.[/quote]

Dear Tall Funky,

What you mean by join force?

Don't try to make fun of others problem.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:14 pm

When I say "join forces" , in plain english it means Come together.

I fail to understand how this is making fun of other's problem?