ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national and claiming housing and WTC, CTC benefit??

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anny83
Newly Registered

EEA national and claiming housing and WTC, CTC benefit??

Post by anny83 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:48 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a german national, my husband(pakistani) and I came to the Uk dec 2004. I have got a residence permit for 5 years and my husband recieved an endosment at the same time for 5 years. now this time is over his visa will expire in nov 2010.

I have worked here for four years till feb 2008 when my daughter was born,i was on maternity leave but due to unsociable hours I couldnt go back to work so teminated jan 2009 after my leave had ended.
Now husband has only got a part time job, we are not able to survive without claiming housing benefit and working tax,child tax credits.
We were not aware of that we are not allowed to apply for public funds as we thought it aplies only were its written on the visa. At no time were we seeking JSA or completely out of work, for the first two years my husband also improved his english by completing ESOL level courses at college.

what should we do, can we still apply for ilr on EEa 4 form or do we have to apply for extension of visa, and will we even get that?? what do we have to do now?? please help , any replies are much apriciated.Many thanks.
Last edited by anny83 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:34 pm

As an EEA Citizen you have every right to claim benefits, no problem!

The Public Fund restriction applies to those on the UK immigration route, you are on the EEA immigration route where no such restriction applies.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

anny83
Newly Registered

Post by anny83 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 am

thank you for your fast reply we r very grateful , may I ask another question please:
As my husband(non-eea family member) is currently the sole owner of the family and i am taking care of the child,does it mean that i am not excercising treaty rights? On our current Eea3 form it says if a family member of the Eea national is working i migjht still apply(qualify) is that right? But on the otherhand on my husbands Eea4 form they r only asking for my work proof?
I am thinking on returning to work/looking for new job for this reason,so is it better for us to wait till i get a job and then apply and wont the Family tax credit have any effect on my claim???

Many thanks for previous reply also...as u probably notice we dont have much money to keep going to lawers who turn out to say diffrent things each time. I was very frustrated before finding this page!

Awaiting your reply

regards
Anny[/b]