ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reprinted bank statements do not bear the bank's logo

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinata

Reprinted bank statements do not bear the bank's logo

Post by vinata » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:10 am

The guidance for Tier 1 G application clearly says that the points for previous earnings would be awarded only if the applicant sends specified supporting documents with his application.

The same guidance also says that personal bank statements should be on the official bank stationary. Alternatively, for electronic bank statements only, such statements could be stamped with an official stamp of the bank.

So, my problem is the following. I am planning to apply for Tier 1 G before 6th Apr and currently missing my Aug, Sep and Oct 09 bank statements. I requested a copy from the bank, but my Barclays bank provided me with the copies on the plain paper (not on their official stationary). They also enclosed a letter along with the bank statements which says these are the true copies from originals.

However, the guidance specifically requires statements to be produced on the official bank stationary, otherwise the points would not be awarded. So, does that mean I will not score points for my previous earnings because I lost my original statements and the replacements ones do not bear the bank’s logo?

I am showing my normal current account statements. This is not a purely electronic bank account. So, what should I do????

Please advice. Many thanks in advance.

vks

Re: Reprinted bank statements do not bear the bank's logo

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 am

vinata wrote:The guidance for Tier 1 G application clearly says that the points for previous earnings would be awarded only if the applicant sends specified supporting documents with his application.

The same guidance also says that personal bank statements should be on the official bank stationary. Alternatively, for electronic bank statements only, such statements could be stamped with an official stamp of the bank.

So, my problem is the following. I am planning to apply for Tier 1 G before 6th Apr and currently missing my Aug, Sep and Oct 09 bank statements. I requested a copy from the bank, but my Barclays bank provided me with the copies on the plain paper (not on their official stationary). They also enclosed a letter along with the bank statements which says these are the true copies from originals.

However, the guidance specifically requires statements to be produced on the official bank stationary, otherwise the points would not be awarded. So, does that mean I will not score points for my previous earnings because I lost my original statements and the replacements ones do not bear the bank’s logo?

I am showing my normal current account statements. This is not a purely electronic bank account. So, what should I do????

Please advice. Many thanks in advance.

A statement with a letter is good to go! i have used a mixture of originals, stamped and signed copies for few months as well, in the past.
Regards,
vks

WellingtonKiwi

Post by WellingtonKiwi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:30 am

Agree with the above, but if you’re really worried, take them into the bank and ask them to stamp and sign each page – I did this and it was accepted.

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 am

WellingtonKiwi wrote:Agree with the above, but if you’re really worried, take them into the bank and ask them to stamp and sign each page – I did this and it was accepted.

Correct, each and evry page is important
Regards,
vks

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Thank you, guys, for your kind replies.

I went to 5 local branches this morning and all of them told me they could not print my statements out on the headed paper. And then i went into the sixth one, and there was a very nice lady who agreed to help me out. She reprinted all the statements on the headed paper. So, i feel a bit relieved at the moment. I also got every page signed and stampt by the bank. Hopefully, that should be enough.

So, the lesson to learn is that you have to be persistent. And then you will finally achieve your objective.

Again, many thanks to this forum. And good luck to all of those who are applying.

mirza
Newly Registered

From guidance 03/2010

Post by mirza » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Following is from thr Tier 1 General Guidance Notes 03/2010
There is no mention of any signatures on the Stamped Bank statement.
Personal bank statements
showing the payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Yes, you are quite right. There is no requirement to sign the stampt statements. But that lady did it just to give me a peace of mind. And I am grateful she did. But i agree, this is not a requirement.

My other concern is that it is very much clear from the guidance that the statements do need to be on the headed paper. But banks simply are not willing to provide those. How odd is that? So, in practice, if it wasn't for that lady, i would not have been able to satisfy this criteria.

I understand that others have said they were successful even though they attached statements without the logo. But it was a while ago. Now the HO is looking for every possible reason to refuse. And this issue could potentially be one of those valid reasons.