ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

leaving England for more than one year

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JESSIES

leaving England for more than one year

Post by JESSIES » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:46 am

HI

I am in Australia and am planning to live here for over a year. I have a 3 year Tier 1 visa.

Will my visa be invalid if I am gone for that long? I am getting conflicting answers.

I've been living in England for 4 years, firstly on a WHV, then a Work Permit and now a Tier 1, and wanted to have a break in Oz for a year.

vks

Re: leaving England for more than one year

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:54 am

JESSIES wrote:HI

I am in Australia and am planning to live here for over a year. I have a 3 year Tier 1 visa.

Will my visa be invalid if I am gone for that long? I am getting conflicting answers.

I've been living in England for 4 years, firstly on a WHV, then a Work Permit and now a Tier 1, and wanted to have a break in Oz for a year.

The visa will NOT be invalid. The point to poder is that it might affect ILR, if you are planning. Since you have been here for almost 4 years, you may be eligible for ILR after 5 years continuos stay, provided you fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Regards,
vks

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 am

what do you mean by 5 continous years? Do you mean 5 consecutive years? Or can it be 5 years with me being gone for a year (totalling 6 years)?

thanks

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 am

JESSIES wrote:what do you mean by 5 continous years? Do you mean 5 consecutive years? Or can it be 5 years with me being gone for a year (totalling 6 years)?

thanks
ILR Guidance form review would help
Regards,
vks

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:25 am

JESSIES wrote:what do you mean by 5 continous years? Do you mean 5 consecutive years? Or can it be 5 years with me being gone for a year (totalling 6 years)?

thanks
Hi, what vks meant was , you should be inside UK for not less than 5 years (continuous) with an exception of acceptable total absence of less than 180 days in last 5 years and less than 90 days in last 1 year.

Check this link too
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 6e3fc6b414

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:16 pm

less than 90 days in last 1 year.
As per my understanding it is not just in the last year. It is any time in the 5 year period.