ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seconded Overseas--Previous earning queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaspreetnavy
Newly Registered

Seconded Overseas--Previous earning queries

Post by jaspreetnavy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:46 am

Hi Guyz I have some queries hope member will help me out

1)Previous earning—Im Marine engineer work on board ship which trade all over world the salary im getting is in US Dollars and same is credited to my bank in india now will my salary considered to be as per US salary or Indian salary can I use uplift which is 5.3 at the moment?

2) English requirement:If my Bachelor of engineering degree satisfy Point Base Calculator still I have to get letter from college/university to claim points in English.

3) Switching visa:I will be entering to Uk in student visa on 19th april and I guess I will be Able e to apply within UK can I use uplift if I apply within Uk for my previous earning as I mentioned in point 1
IF yes for UK applicant 800 pounds required to be maintained in bank for 3 month so can I use my Indian account where my balance is maintaned

4) Study with tier 1:If I switch over visa from tier 4 to tier 1 will i able to study full time in UK?
Kindly advice

jaspreetnavy
Newly Registered

Post by jaspreetnavy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:03 am

guys please reply

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: Seconded Overseas--Previous earning queries

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:19 am

jaspreetnavy wrote:Hi Guyz I have some queries hope member will help me out

1)Previous earning—Im Marine engineer work on board ship which trade all over world the salary im getting is in US Dollars and same is credited to my bank in india now will my salary considered to be as per US salary or Indian salary can I use uplift which is 5.3 at the moment?

not sure, wait for otehr replies

2) English requirement:If my Bachelor of engineering degree satisfy Point Base Calculator still I have to get letter from college/university to claim points in English.

if you can see your university's name and exact course title on UKBA calculator than english language criteria is automatically satisfied to the best of my knowledge

3) Switching visa:I will be entering to Uk in student visa on 19th april and I guess I will be Able e to apply within UK can I use uplift if I apply within Uk for my previous earning as I mentioned in point 1
IF yes for UK applicant 800 pounds required to be maintained in bank for 3 month so can I use my Indian account where my balance is maintaned

once you are in uk as a student then im assuming you need to spend time doing a course. Minimum course is usually atleast 6 months long and the earning period must be last 12 consecutive months. hope you see the possible complication in your case regarding earnng in last 12 months at the time of application

4) Study with tier 1:If I switch over visa from tier 4 to tier 1 will i able to study full time in UK?

university/college will demand tier 4 visa in my opinion and tier 1 visa is not meant to be used as tier 4 or student visa

Kindly advice

jaspreetnavy
Newly Registered

Post by jaspreetnavy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:58 am

Hi arsenal49
Many Thanks for sharing information
Just want to confirm if i apply within UK is it necessary to show the earning is from UK or i can use my previous earning which i earn on ship..

jaspreetnavy
Newly Registered

Post by jaspreetnavy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Members.....Any more suggestion about my queries???

vks

Re: Seconded Overseas--Previous earning queries

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:48 pm

jaspreetnavy wrote:Hi Guyz I have some queries hope member will help me out

130. The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.
#

The above para is from tier1 general guidance!

No!

No guessing! Immigration rules are tight now and what aresenal says is right.

Kindly advice
Most of the universities ask for appropriate visa. In case, if you are able to study, you will face problems when you plan to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain
Regards,
vks

jaspreetnavy
Newly Registered

Post by jaspreetnavy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:15 am

Many Thanks....vks