ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Application submitted 9th, money deducted 16th March, is it time to call and enquire about process? and what number to use? thanks

navnas

passport application timelines

Post by navnas » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:31 pm

method: check and send
date of application :23/03/10
date of reciept of docs: pending
date of reciept of interview letter : pending
date of reciept : pending

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Tim555 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. I rang UKBA they said decision letter has been posted on last friday 26th March. Today I checked post other came in. May be tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Any updates from your sides ( Brightest Star bahi )?
No Tim Bhai.....by the grace of Allah I am hoping this week......i will get the ceremony arranged the same day given i get the invitation n council has my certificate.,........I am sure u will have some good news soon

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:25 am

Hi guys, just a quick update. Got home to a ceremony invitation letter last night. Sent 2nd class in a white envelope. It was dated 17th March but very much doubt it got sent then - even Royal Mail ain't that slow!

It just tells me that my application was approved and to call my regiter office to book my ceremony. I think the letter is what might be the 2 in 1 as it mentions the approval and invites you to call the council. It's printed in slightly heavier paper with the oath of allegience words etc on the back.

It also mentioned that you must bring the letter with you to the ceremony or it will be postponed. It also mentions to bring photo ID which may be checked.

I'll be ringing my register office again this lunchtime and booking my ceremony for the 8th apr hopefully!

Pal80
Newly Registered

Post by Pal80 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:35 am

NCS or Postal : Through immigration solicitor / advisor
Date of submission or posting : 03/03/2010
Date recieved by HO: 05/03/10 ( as per post office it is 05 /03/2010
CRITERIA: 5 yrs EEA Spouse + 7 months ilr (15 months since the application made for ILR)
Date of debit of Card : 15/03/10
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 15/03/10
Date of receipt of approval : 29/03/10 (dated 23/03/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : pending

Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

Brightest Star

I am a British Now

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:41 am

Guys, I would like to proudly announce that I am a full British Citizen now. I got my letter this morning and called up my local council if they can arrange for a private ceremony and yes they did it. I live in a small town so guess there is no rush for ceremony at all. Tim bhai and other members Inshallah you shall have the invitation letter soon.

Tim555

Re: I am a British Now

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:37 am

Brightest Star wrote:Guys, I would like to proudly announce that I am a full British Citizen now. I got my letter this morning and called up my local council if they can arrange for a private ceremony and yes they did it. I live in a small town so guess there is no rush for ceremony at all. Tim bhai and other members Inshallah you shall have the invitation letter soon.
Waooooooooooooh :P :P :P
WellDone Brightest Star. Welldone. That really great new. I'm glad to know you are BC now.

Wish you good luck for rest of your journey.
From my side no updates. Post has not arrive yet. Oh whats the date on your approval letter? Mine was posted on 26th March.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:04 pm

Pal80 wrote:NCS or Postal : Through immigration solicitor / advisor
CRITERIA: 5 yrs EEA Spouse + 7 months ilr (15 months since the application made for ILR)

congratu;ation mate ...all the best for the rest of the application ...

by the way ...can you tell us ...which document did you send for your application ...as i m in the same both ..and thinking to apply soon ...many thanks :)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Pal80 wrote:NCS or Postal : Through immigration solicitor / advisor

CoNgRaTs :D
Quickyyyyy one.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

yarons

Post by yarons » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 pm

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 25/03/2010 (letter dated 17/03)
Date of ceremony: 29/03/2010 (Private)

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Date of application: 30/03/2010
Method: Check&Send

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:10 pm

NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Maidstone Kent
Date of submission or posting : 10/02/2010
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) Judicial review HSMP
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 23/02/2010. Dated 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of approval ;29/03/2010, dated 17/03/2010
Date of Ceremony:14/04/2010
Date of appln. for passport pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

Thank you very much for everyone on the forum. & goo luck to those who are still waiting.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:Guys, I would like to proudly announce that I am a full British Citizen now. I got my letter this morning and called up my local council if they can arrange for a private ceremony and yes they did it. I live in a small town so guess there is no rush for ceremony at all. Tim bhai and other members Inshallah you shall have the invitation letter soon.
WellDone Brightest Star. Welldone. That really great new. I'm glad to know you are BC now.

From my side no updates. Post has not arrive yet. Oh whats the date on your approval letter? Mine was posted on 26th March.

Regards,
Thanks Tim Bhai...I am sure your is already on its way.......Yes, my letter was dated 17th March....

navnas

Post by navnas » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:53 pm

citizen1000 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

Thank you very much for everyone on the forum. & goo luck to those who are still waiting.
Many congrats mate !

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:09 pm

Brightest S,

Any updates for you yet?

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Regards,
Thanks Tim Bhai...I am sure your is already on its way.......Yes, my letter was dated 17th March....
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 pm

freddfrog wrote:Hi guys, just a quick update. Got home to a ceremony invitation letter last night. Sent 2nd class in a white envelope. It was dated 17th March but very much doubt it got sent then - even Royal Mail ain't that slow!

It just tells me that my application was approved and to call my regiter office to book my ceremony. I think the letter is what might be the 2 in 1 as it mentions the approval and invites you to call the council. It's printed in slightly heavier paper with the oath of allegience words etc on the back.

It also mentioned that you must bring the letter with you to the ceremony or it will be postponed. It also mentions to bring photo ID which may be checked.

I'll be ringing my register office again this lunchtime and booking my ceremony for the 8th apr hopefully!
Thats good man :)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:27 pm

citizen1000 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

Thats nice. You are about to finish your journey. Wish you good look for rest of journey. :P

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Regards,
Your are Welcome Bahi.
Did you contact to your council did they get your certificate?

If your dated 17th March and you received today on 30th March, this means letter took 13 DAY to reach you??? :oops: :x :cry:
Oh GOD, Mine was posted on 26th ( as Dated ) of March, means it will arrive on 08th April 2010.
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :wink: :wink: :wink: :cry: :cry: :cry:

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:20 am

Congratulations Brightest and Citizen1000 and GL with the rest of the journey!

Update on mine and not good news - really annoyed actually as my council register office are next to useless. Rang them up yesterday as advised and sure enough my certificate had arrived. I then asked if I can book the 8th April ceremony only to be told that it's already full! I was really annoyed that they had reassured me all the time I kept ringing that I will definitely be on the 8th Apr ceremony if my certificate was with that batch. I asked why it could be that they were waiting for certificates one day to book the 8th April ceremony and the next they were suddenly full. The woman on the other line had an obnoxious tone, sniggered and said "I don't know". I didn't find it very funny. They offered 22nd apr ceremony in another area of the council but I can't attend that due to childcare duties. The next one is on 6th May or I can pay £80 anytime for private.

I would pay the £80 but it's just a matter of principal that I got told that I would definitely be in on the 8th and now they turn around to say it's full!

I've written a strongly worded email if complaint wanting to find out why I got strung along with false reassurances. Will see what they say.

Anyway, enough about my situation - lets hope we get more approvals soon, Tim555 yours will be soon I'm sure! :)
Last edited by freddfrog on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

kindley

Post by kindley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:27 am

Hello,

let's hope we'll get good news soon.

Tim, yours will be soon

Good luck.

kindley

Post by kindley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:48 am

Hi Fred,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, some organisation or should i say staff of some of there organisation are hopeless really. I always call at least twice to ensure i've got the right info each time i got told anything. I just always seek second opinion.

Private ceremony at your council is reasonable compare to my chosen council which is a whopping £150. What a rip off!

Anyway, wish you, everyone and myself the very best of luck.

Regards

freddfrog wrote:Congratulations Brightest and Citizen1000 and GL with the rest of the journey!

Update on mine and not good news - really annoyed actually as my council register office are next to useless. Rang them up yesterday as advised and sure enough my certificate had arrived. I then asked if I can book the 8th April ceremony only to be told that it's already full! I was really annoyed that they had reassured me all the time I kept ringing that I will definitely be on the 8th Apr ceremony if my certificate was with that batch. I asked why it could be that they were waiting for certificates one day to book the 8th April ceremony and the next they were suddenly full. The woman on the other line had an obnoxious tone, sniggered and said "I don't know". I didn't find it very funny. They offered 22nd apr ceremony in another area of the council but I can't attend that due to childcare duties. The next one is on 6th May or I can pay £80 anytime for private.

I would pay the £80 but it's just a matter of principal that I got told that I would definitely be in on the 8th and now they turn around to say it's full!

I've written a strongly worded email if complaint wanting to find out why I got strung along with false reassurances. Will see what they say.

Anyway, enough about my situation - lets hope we get more approvals soon, Tim555 yours will be soon I'm sure! :)

zoned in
Newly Registered

my timelines

Post by zoned in » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:29 am

My application's timelines

NCS or Postal: NCS Bomley
Date of submission or posting: 1 March 2010
Received at HO: 3 March 2010
CRITERIA - 3 yr marraige, 3month ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 3 March 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 17 March 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 26 march
Date of Ceremony: 29 march - private
Date of appln. for passport: 29 march
Method used: check & send
Date of Receipt: Pending

became a british citizen all within one month, i would say it was a fast application; thank you all for ur posts........its been very helpful. hopefully getting the passport will be as quick. goodluck to those that are still waiting to receive their aprovals from HO.[/b]

pinklover
Newly Registered

Post by pinklover » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:09 am

I just rang UKBA and the guy was really helpful, he said a decision has been made and letter sent 29 March (Monday), so when do you think I'll get it? Probably have to be after the Easter bank holidays now! :cry:

yarons

Post by yarons » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:37 am

pinklover wrote:I just rang UKBA and the guy was really helpful, he said a decision has been made and letter sent 29 March (Monday), so when do you think I'll get it? Probably have to be after the Easter bank holidays now! :cry:
If the letter was sent on Monday then there is a reasonable chance you'll get it tomorrow.

Pal80
Newly Registered

Post by Pal80 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 pm

One question guys; those who applied for a passport, did you have to fill in section 8, grandparents details, previous addresses, because it says "if you would like to tell us".
just wondering if i have to fill them'.

thanks

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 pm

I called today and they said it is ongoing, what does this mean?