ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in UK to Tier 1 Migrant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aloalomarciano
Newly Registered

Baby born in UK to Tier 1 Migrant

Post by aloalomarciano » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi All,

I've been on a Tier 1 (General) in the UK for almost four years. My husband is a dependant. We had a baby recently. I want to apply for her dependant visa so we can travel out and return.

Am I correct in thinking that...

...I use form PBS(D) - £465 before April 6th 2010?

...I do not need to submit my own, original passport if I submit certified copies of the biodata page in my passport and tier 1 visa?

...Baby does not need to provide biometric data or have a national identity card?

...Baby does not have a Home Office reference number?

...I can disregard (“N/Aâ€

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Baby born in UK to Tier 1 Migrant

Post by dima » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:02 pm

[quote="aloalomarciano"]Hi All,

I've been on a Tier 1 (General) in the UK for almost four years. My husband is a dependant. We had a baby recently. I want to apply for her dependant visa so we can travel out and return.

Am I correct in thinking that...

...I do not need to submit my own, original passport if I submit certified copies of the biodata page in my passport and tier 1 visa?

...Baby does not need to provide biometric data or have a national identity card?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Working or not working i think that one needs to fulfil the requirement to apply for dependant visa. The whole idea behind the maintenance requirement is to show that you will be able to maintain yourself without public funds and the need is more to prove this when one does not have a job. She will have to show £533 and can apply for a dependant visa. (only my view)

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 pm

aruni4470 wrote:Working or not working i think that one needs to fulfil the requirement to apply for dependant visa. The whole idea behind the maintenance requirement is to show that you will be able to maintain yourself without public funds and the need is more to prove this when one does not have a job. She will have to show £533 and can apply for a dependant visa. (only my view)
Tx aruni.. finally one reply....:)
Infact, her hubby is working in an MNC. So, Can she show his earnings too just as a supporting doc. As a family they both together can support the child.
Also, she is planning to take up some self employment and getting reg with HMRC this june and I guess this may help her too.
Any suggestions?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:27 pm

dima wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:Working or not working i think that one needs to fulfil the requirement to apply for dependant visa. The whole idea behind the maintenance requirement is to show that you will be able to maintain yourself without public funds and the need is more to prove this when one does not have a job. She will have to show £533 and can apply for a dependant visa. (only my view)
Infact, her hubby is working in an MNC. So, Can she show his earnings too just as a supporting doc. As a family they both together can support the child.
Also, she is planning to take up some self employment and getting reg with MHRC this june and I guess this may help her too.
Any suggestions?
I dont think there is any harm in showing his earnings as well.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:32 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
dima wrote:
Also, she is planning to take up some self employment and getting reg with hmRC this june and I guess this may help her too.
Any suggestions?
Tx.
What will be the fee for UK born child dependent visa-Tier1(In country)
( dint find in the UKBA site !! :? )

vks

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:34 pm

dima wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
dima wrote:
Also, she is planning to take up some self employment and getting reg with hmRC this june and I guess this may help her too.
Any suggestions?
Tx.

Read Page 3 and 4 for fee information in dependant application form
Regards,
vks

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 am

vks wrote:
dima wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
dima wrote:
Any suggestions?
Tx.

Read Page 3 and 4 for fee information in dependant application form
Tx vks...
I guess I am a bit louzy in search. :)
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:06 pm

fee is 465 f u apply for visa seperately. From 6th April, the fee is going up

@aloalomarciano
According to me the documents you have mentioned are sufficient for the visa

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:33 pm

adnanmirza wrote:fee is 465 f u apply for visa seperately. From 6th April, the fee is going up

@aloalomarciano
According to me the documents you have mentioned are sufficient for the visa
Is it mandatory to send point 6 ?( as in OPs post). It says about carer details in the UK.

aloalomarciano
Newly Registered

Post by aloalomarciano » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:11 pm

For those following my original post, I'm updating my questions with information I recently received from UKBA by phone.

"Am I correct in thinking that...

CORRECT

WRONG. I HAVE TO SUBMIT MY ACTUAL PASSPORT. I CAN REQUEST THAT THEY RETURN MY PASSPORT IMMEDIATELY, BEFORE A DECISION IS MADE.

CORRECT

CORRECT

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:50 pm

[quote="aloalomarciano"]For those following my original post, I'm updating my questions with information I recently received from UKBA by phone.

CORRECT

WRONG. I HAVE TO SUBMIT MY ACTUAL PASSPORT. I CAN REQUEST THAT THEY RETURN MY PASSPORT IMMEDIATELY, BEFORE A DECISION IS MADE.

In that case, they consider that the case is withdrawn and the fee deducted is for processing your application. You have to apply again afresh!

CORRECT

CORRECT

Regards,
vks

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 pm

[quote="aloalomarciano"]For those following my original post, I'm updating my questions with information I recently received from UKBA by phone.

CORRECT

CORRECT

CORRECT

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:06 pm

hi guys,
I have applied for my daughters tier 1 general dependant visa. However I have not sent my passport. I already have a valid stamp till 2013.

Please suggest what should I do? No I need to send my passport also?
I applied for her visa on 30th March

I have sent the photocopy of my passport and the HO letter which I got from them stating my initial application was successfull

P.s I have not recieved acknowledgement from HO for my daughter's case. Please help

Ad

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:14 pm

adnanmirza wrote:hi guys,
I have applied for my daughters tier 1 general dependant visa. However I have not sent my passport. I already have a valid stamp till 2013.

Please suggest what should I do? No I need to send my passport also?
I applied for her visa on 30th March

I have sent the photocopy of my passport and the HO letter which I got from them stating my initial application was successfull

P.s I have not recieved acknowledgement from HO for my daughter's case. Please help

Ad
I dont think you need to send your original passport with your dependant application. A copy should do. Others please confirm.

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:53 pm

can others with similar case confirm this please?