ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 - Immigration History Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arjun_123

T2 - Immigration History Question

Post by Arjun_123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi All,

i entered uk on 06 Aug 2006 with student visa, went back to india on 11 Nov 2007.returned UK on 11 Jul 2008 with IGS(stampped in india) and extended it to PSW on 25 Jun 2009 from within the UK.

so in section D - Immigration history "D1-Where Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before Travelling to the UK", "D2- Country, City?"
and "D3-what date the entry clearence or visa issued"

what should be my answers? any help is appreciated.Many Thanks in advance.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:57 am

so, you must have got entry clearance for igs visa. that is the most recent "entry clearance" that you obtained and that date should go in there in my opinion.

Wait for other responses though.

If still in doubt, write your immigration history in covering letter and point caseworker to this question saying this is how you answered it. Even if its "wrong", caseworker can clearly see your intentions. beside its not a big issue as they can quickly trace when you were issued visa/entryclearance last time.

The purpose of question is to stop people who have never got entry clearnace or visa from applying while being an illegal immigrant.

regards

PS. I am 90 % sure that igs entry clearance date should be written