ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Tier1 Application Date and more

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skyboy2010
Newly Registered

Question about Tier1 Application Date and more

Post by skyboy2010 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:51 am

Dear all,

I am applying from USA. I submitted the application form online on March 30th and paid online. Because I don't have all the supporting documents ready, I scheduled my Biometric test on Apr 30th, and planned to mail all the supporting docs in May.

I noticed that the rule will be changed on April 6th. Althought I will be quailified under the old and the new rule, I am little bit worried about what documents should I mail. Should I follow the old rule or new rule.

Also for the previous earning, should I use March 30th as the date immdediatly before I apply or should I use the day in May when I actually mail all my applications?

Please help me. I am not sure if I should ask for refund now and apply after 4/6 under the new rule. Is it easy to get refund?

Thanks a lot, all.

Tom1000
Newly Registered

Post by Tom1000 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:37 am

Interesting case for those applying online from outside UK. Hope seniors / gurus can shed a light on this.
In the meantime the following may clarify some doubts.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... y/#header2
"For applications made outside the United Kingdom. The date of the application is the date that the fee associated with the application is paid. This means the date shown on your payment receipt, which depends on how you paid for your visa application, for example, at British Diplomatic Post, visa application centre or online."

"Applicants outside the United Kingdom • seeking entry clearance must have at least £2,800 of personal savings which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application."
".... i) statements covering three full consecutive months: The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application".

Then, the application date would be when you pay your fee online, that is march 30 (before new rules). If that is the case, it is difficult to establish under which rules caseworkers would treat your documents issued/dated after april 6.

skyboy2010
Newly Registered

Post by skyboy2010 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Tom1000 wrote:Interesting case for those applying online from outside UK. Hope seniors / gurus can shed a light on this.
In the meantime the following may clarify some doubts.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... y/#header2
"For applications made outside the United Kingdom. The date of the application is the date that the fee associated with the application is paid. This means the date shown on your payment receipt, which depends on how you paid for your visa application, for example, at British Diplomatic Post, visa application centre or online."

"Applicants outside the United Kingdom • seeking entry clearance must have at least £2,800 of personal savings which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application."
".... i) statements covering three full consecutive months: The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application".

Then, the application date would be when you pay your fee online, that is march 30 (before new rules). If that is the case, it is difficult to establish under which rules caseworkers would treat your documents issued/dated after april 6.
Thank you very much for the answer. I have decided to wait until the new rule is implemented and see if there's any further instruction. Otherwise, I will try to withdraw my application.