ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension for 1.5 Year

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msrmsr
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension for 1.5 Year

Post by msrmsr » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi
I have been going throught a lot of posts, but I dont seem to be able to find a situation similar to me.

I got my HSMP approval letter in Sep 2007 and got my Visa in Dec 2007 till Dec 2009. I applied in Dec 2009 for an exension through a OISC registered consultant merely due the fact as he had dates available for the PEO at croydon.
The problem is I got my extension but only till Mar 2011 although it should be till Dec 2012. My consultant contacted the Home Office and was told that the Case worker was on Holiday and so this case will have to wait. Now the consultant says the Case worker cannot find anything wrong nor explain why the visa is only for 1.5 Year rather than for 3 years.
Can you advice on this situation?
Ideally I do not want to apply again in Mar 2011 !!! :roll:
Thanks
Manesh

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Extension for 1.5 Year

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:09 pm

msrmsr wrote:Hi
I have been going throught a lot of posts, but I dont seem to be able to find a situation similar to me.

I got my HSMP approval letter in Sep 2007 and got my Visa in Dec 2007 till Dec 2009. I applied in Dec 2009 for an exension through a OISC registered consultant merely due the fact as he had dates available for the PEO at croydon.
The problem is I got my extension but only till Mar 2011 although it should be till Dec 2012. My consultant contacted the Home Office and was told that the Case worker was on Holiday and so this case will have to wait. Now the consultant says the Case worker cannot find anything wrong nor explain why the visa is only for 1.5 Year rather than for 3 years.
Thanks
Manesh
According to the immigration rules Para 245D

245D. Period and conditions of grant
(a) Entry clearance will be granted for a period of 3 years.
(b) Leave to remain will be granted:
(i) for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant,
(ii) for a period of 3 years, to any other applicant.

You should ask your consultant to contact the HO and ask for an explanation. The caseworker cant just deny to explain the reason when the rules are clearly mentioning that the LTR should be 3yrs in your case or can he?

[iD]

Re: Tier 1 Extension for 1.5 Year

Post by [iD] » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:34 pm

msrmsr wrote:Hi

Thanks
Manesh
in my opinion the case worker messed up and not ready to accept it as it'd damage its own reputation (just an opinion)
Aruni is right and if i was you i'd be up their asses to get the visa stamped for the promised even if I had to go to court

don't give up, you're on the right

msrmsr
Newly Registered

Update

Post by msrmsr » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:18 am

Hi,

The update on my case. My consultant was a real pain and did actually advice me to apply again when the current visa would expire.
I then did contact the Home Office directly and with proper followup, they agreed it was their fault.

They asked for the passport's and put a stamp on the current visa stating Error in date and rectified it to the current date. This gives me 1.5 year extension.

I have been wondering what could have caused this over the past months. The only logical reasoning was as I had extended my student visa in the UK. On this visa it would not state Student visa but a Resident Permit. Maybe the caseworker misunderstood and would have calculated that I would need only 1.5 year to file for my Permanent residency.

Thanks everyone for your help.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Update

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:01 am

msrmsr wrote:Hi,

The update on my case. My consultant was a real pain and did actually advice me to apply again when the current visa would expire.
I then did contact the Home Office directly and with proper followup, they agreed it was their fault.

They asked for the passport's and put a stamp on the current visa stating Error in date and rectified it to the current date. This gives me 1.5 year extension.

I have been wondering what could have caused this over the past months. The only logical reasoning was as I had extended my student visa in the UK. On this visa it would not state Student visa but a Resident Permit. Maybe the caseworker misunderstood and would have calculated that I would need only 1.5 year to file for my Permanent residency.

Good to know it and thanks for the update :)

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Update

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:27 pm

msrmsr wrote:Hi,

From my personal experience and the feedback from my friends, some of these case workers don't have a clue what they are doing.
Nice one though- your persistence paid off.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart